Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 10:20 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times

Advertisements

I am begining to think my house is too clean...good feedback usually includes , ohh the house is just immaculae, so neat , so clean...
Maybe that is my problem???? If I could force myself to, maybe I ought to cut loose and not try so dadgummed hard...

I am trying some 'subliminal messages'.... I guess you could call them.
I have a scrabble game sitting out in the 'game' room. And on it I have 'welcome' across and 'home' added down on it.

In the kitchen I have a cookbook I set near the stove, Quick & Easy Family Favorites, with a pic of a big ole cake on the cover.

I have a 'spa' basket in the bath with special soaps & lotions.

SO what ideas do you all have as far as a 'staging' idea that evokes good feelings and says buy me???? Like maybe a pic of Uncle Sam pointing his finger and saying Buy Me?

If I play B-52's 'Love Shack' backwards, wll it say buy this house, you can get together here, the roof is Not rusted, your big whale of a SUV will fit in the garage,it's not too far from the highway............

Whoa too much chocolate for me this morning!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,108,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
the buyers probably know you are getting desperate and are waiting until you hit rock bottom.
Although I know some sellers feel this way, I don't ascribe to this way of looking at things. A prospective buyer will make an offer when they believe that a house both matches their needs and is a great value.

Offer someone a menu with 3 choices and they can probably select something within a few minutes. Offer them a menu with 300 choices and it may take them a little longer They're certainly going to be pickier.

Selling is stressful enough without internalizing the idea that everyone is out to get you. Everyone's just trying to shop smart and save money where they can. Do what you can to make your place the most financially attractive and cultivate patience. Try not to make yourself miserable or ill by stressing over things you can't control. Skip the first 6 stages of grief and go right to the 7th - "acceptance and hope"

That's my .02.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Same feedback here-"immaculate" and yes my baths are staged like spas. We have a town wide Tour of Homes in our price range next Sat. 12-2. We've decided to go away-realtor can always reach us.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
The internet has been out here most of the day...Roselvr, thank you for that check list. I know I will feel better just getting my thoughts off my chest with the agent. It's totally up to him if he wants to listen to me. After all, he is working for us....I don't think that asking for new pictures, etc..is asking too much.

I like the idea of the scrabble game...I might try that. wish there was some sublminial cd I could put in when buyers are there, lol..

I am done with the grass sniffers, if they want the house, they can make an offer or not...it's just hard to 'let go' when someone has shown that much interest! But they are out of my mind and I am not going to even talk about them now....they know where to find us!

We will hire an agent if we change, from a different brokerage. I am not comfortable hiring someone from the same agency...

Thinking about checking flights and staying longer. I know, I am just delaying the inevitable. This is my way of escaping, I guess..

The house will sell, just need the right buyers to see it and love it...

Talk to ya all later!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
dogmom........Glad to see you back! Although sometimes I think it is for the best for the power to be out so it allows us to relax when our bodies are supposed to. Screw the grass sniffers and hopefully the other two showings will yield the buyers that deserve your house.

Roselvr......I love that list! If we decide to change agents, I'm definately going to use it. Although the agent that was being a pain for some reason decided to be nice to us. I'm thinking someone overheard her and told her she better straighten up. The sad thing is that SHE is the broker for this branch! The problem we had with realtor.com was that the main picture was in a constant state of change. One time it would be our bedroom, the next time it would be our bathroom, the next time it would be our living room......but NEVER the front of the house!! They would "correct" it and several hours later it would be wrong again. Then there were about 8-9 duplicate pix and since they only allow 25 total, a lot of good pix weren't on there. They claim it was some glitch and she finally had the main IT person from their company come up on Friday (so she says, anyway). It does seem to be OK now, but there are still 2 main pix missing from realtor.com and 3 main pix missing from their company site. But it could be that she is just letting it sit for a few days to make sure it is OK before adding anything.

We had a showing on Wednesday and although that agent said the people liked the house, it was only the first one they looked at and they want to look at more. The good thing is that the other agent felt the house was priced right as well. My birthday is tomorrow (the 13th) and I was hoping that selling this house would be my birthday present! Guess not..........

Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Spotless homes, spa packages, songs played backwards, horrible buyers, no shows, ect. My next incentive I think I will try is to have cousin Giudo meet them in my dark hall, sign or I brake yo arm. Oh wait they would have to show up for that to be effective too!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:37 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Happy Birthday Rothbear...hope you enjoy it! Tambre

Old 07-12-2008, 06:47 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Okay, here's my staging idea...place a nice big mirror facing the front door, so the buyers can "see themselves" living there....not sure if this is good feng shui or not. Tambre

Old 07-12-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Okay, here's my staging idea...place a nice big mirror facing the front door, so the buyers can "see themselves" living there....not sure if this is good feng shui or not. Tambre
I love the mirror idea..and the scrabble game..kind of subliminal messages.
I leave Chicago tomorrow night, Monday morning when we get up we will sit and discuss our other options to selling. We could just put the goods in storage and leave the bare minimum in the house, and we could then head up to our little mobile home in WA state, wait it out, or we could try to lease it for a year, of course that ties up our money to buy another home, or we could try to lease it out for the winter as we are in a winter resort area, but then we would need to leave it furnished and I am not willing to leave my good furniture for someone to ruin.

We don't want to stay. I don't know many other options for us except to drop the price and see what happens, get the listing fixed or new agent and drop the price.

I do know for sure I am going home with a GOOD attitude even though I feel very depressed. Is there a thing as trying too hard??

Old 07-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Happy Birthday Rothbear! Here sending wishes hopes and prayers for a great day and maybe a sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate