Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Oh and in our son's bedroom that was empty, we were painting the closet and took the sliding doors off, they were leaning against the closet wall, the inspector put 'missing closet doors'. WTH? Silly stuff like that.

I am not even going to make my bed today..dang, that feels good to not HAVE to....

have a good one
We had the same thing happen on our pre-listing inspection. One of our shower door shattered when we were away for a week, so we had taken it off and were just using one at the time because we needed to find a brass one. Well the inspector put "missing shower door"....DUH, ya think????? What...did he think we weren't going to replace it or something??? That and a GFCI plug underneath our Jacuzzi tub that wouldn't stay locked off were the only things he found. We had an extra plug we were going to return....just put that in.

I am so happy for you that I could just explode! I know it's been a long road, but I feel good about this for you.

I'm totally annoyed. First, I started taking a different allergy med last night and it cause me to not sleep well. Been up since 3am. Then I sat down to put the house on Zillow. Started the listing and then had to go help DH with something. Came back and spent an hour doing all the descriptions and saved...........NOT! The stupid site had logged me out but didn't bother to throw up a screen to tell me that, so I did all that work for nothing and now have to do it all over again!! I get more PO'ed at our agent by the day. SHE should be doing this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 02:57 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
huh, I can't get mine OFF zillow......

Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Congratulations on selling dogmom! I hope it all goes well.
Roma, nice to see that you feel well enough to post.
Sending you hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
We had the same thing happen on our pre-listing inspection. One of our shower door shattered when we were away for a week, so we had taken it off and were just using one at the time because we needed to find a brass one. Well the inspector put "missing shower door"....DUH, ya think????? What...did he think we weren't going to replace it or something??? That and a GFCI plug underneath our Jacuzzi tub that wouldn't stay locked off were the only things he found. We had an extra plug we were going to return....just put that in.
Don't take it personal. The inspector is paid to find stuff and if he doesn't, it doesn't look like he's doing his job.

Quote:
I sat down to put the house on Zillow. Started the listing and then had to go help DH with something. Came back and spent an hour doing all the descriptions and saved...........NOT! The stupid site had logged me out but didn't bother to throw up a screen to tell me that, so I did all that work for nothing and now have to do it all over again!! I get more PO'ed at our agent by the day. SHE should be doing this!
Here is a tip. If you have to get up, make sure that when you come back you open a new tab. If you aren't using firefox, install it because it's great to have just for the tabs. You then log in and click the old tab you were working in, then submit, it should take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I can't get mine OFF zillow......
What do you mean? All you have to do is edit the status.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i got an infraction and a warning on here for advertising realestate on the CT forum and i think in classified. im affraid to even mention my house.
Don't feel bad, me too And I was the girl who NEVER ended up in the principal's office, I am a rule follower...guess I am getting nervy in my old age.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:24 PM

152 posts, read 432,683 times
Quote:

Then I sat down to put the house on Zillow. Started the listing and then had to go help DH with something. Came back and spent an hour doing all the descriptions and saved...........NOT! The stupid site had logged me out but didn't bother to throw up a screen to tell me that, so I did all that work for nothing and now have to do it all over again!! I get more PO'ed at our agent by the day. SHE should be doing this!
Same thing happened to me! My agent seemed annoyed that I put our home on that website. I thought "It can't hurt!"

Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 PM

I also put ads on Zillow and Craigslist..our agent had never heard of zillow. Is it Utah? Thought that was a fairly common site.

I told hubby yesterday that our agent will probably be glad to be rid of me, hubby agreed. Ticked me off so I said, well someone had to take control of the listing, if we don't look out for ourselves, no one will.

Truth.

Hubby very stressed tonight, trying to do a timeline in his head and figure it all out right now. This is nothing new, i told him to write it down and work it all out on paper. And take a deep breath.

Tomorrow we go get a storage place and start loading it up. We can't take that much with us so it's stressful trying to figure out what to take and what to leave behind.. Of course I want to take everything precious to me, lol. I am taking clothes, office stuff, scrapbooking stuff, a few cookbooks I treasure and my clothes. Also a few knick knacks, everything else goes in storage. Hubby will take just clothes, the lawn mower, blower, power washer, some garage things. We are so limited up there with space, it's tough and I know I will take too much...

Well, one day at a time....

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tomorrow we go get a storage place and start loading it up. We can't take that much with us so it's stressful trying to figure out what to take and what to leave behind.. Of course I want to take everything precious to me, lol. I am taking clothes, office stuff, scrapbooking stuff, a few cookbooks I treasure and my clothes. Also a few knick knacks, everything else goes in storage. Hubby will take just clothes, the lawn mower, blower, power washer, some garage things. We are so limited up there with space, it's tough and I know I will take too much...

Well, one day at a time....

Hey......you never mentioned that you were a scrapbooker!! So am I! In fact I'm gathering up photos of the new house from start to finish to make a scrapbook on it. I also do rubber stamping as well. In fact, I have a small business where I sell my handstamped cards and gifts at craft shows.

That's the one thing that is going down to SC in this trip.....all my crafting supplies. I promised myself (and daughter) that I would try and get caught up a bit while I'm down there by myself. The second bedroom is mine, mine, mine!!! First on hubby's "to do" list down there this next visit is to add lots more shelves to the closet in that room.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,334 times
hey dogmom-when is your inspection deadline.. ours is this week, I'll feel good when that is past, of course the loan commitment isn't until 3 days before closing but we did check them out w/ their mortgage co and they say they can well qualify. Only 3 more weeks... 3 more weeks... POsitive thoughts. I reserved some self-help books from library, figure it can't hurt in my quest for a more positive attitude.
Our buyers got inspection report, radon, stucco test, receipts everything from all the silly items we fixed frm the last inspection. LIke you, a almost 4 yr old home. If it were me, I wouldn't do one again having all that data but you never know. I just hope they let us know when they are going to do it or if they are going to do it.

Happy packing... I have a new appreciation for my own furniture since alll the stuff I really LOVE is still over in that house! This is also the first weekend I didn't go over and do yard work.. I'm so nit picky about that stuff. These people aer getting GREAT houses!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:10 PM

I am not the scrapbooker I would like to be, I thought when we moved here I would be able to go through years of pictures and start working with them..nope, too much stress going on with the folks, etc....I would LOVE in my next real home, to have a room dedicated to hobbies. Somewhere I could set up all my scrap supplies, I have collected quite a few things to work with, papers, embellishments, etc... also a place to keep my sewing machine out, just a playroom for me. When you get your stuff settled, I would love to see some pictures of how you arrange it all.

I have a friend in NorCal, who is a major scrapper. She did not scrap until 2 years ago when her son passed away, she has made many, many albums of his life, it has been her salvation...she sent me pictures of her scrap room a while back, I will send them to you...she inspires me. In fact, last November I got myself up to Sacramento and went to the Expo at the Sac Convention center, I need to know how to photoshop, took a short class and got some manuals, but I need to take a real class. I loved all the vendors, it was a lot of fun.

I digress....heading to bed soon, have a great night!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
hey dogmom-when is your inspection deadline.. ours is this week, I'll feel good when that is past, of course the loan commitment isn't until 3 days before closing but we did check them out w/ their mortgage co and they say they can well qualify. Only 3 more weeks... 3 more weeks... POsitive thoughts. I reserved some self-help books from library, figure it can't hurt in my quest for a more positive attitude.
Our buyers got inspection report, radon, stucco test, receipts everything from all the silly items we fixed frm the last inspection. LIke you, a almost 4 yr old home. If it were me, I wouldn't do one again having all that data but you never know. I just hope they let us know when they are going to do it or if they are going to do it.

Happy packing... I have a new appreciation for my own furniture since alll the stuff I really LOVE is still over in that house! This is also the first weekend I didn't go over and do yard work.. I'm so nit picky about that stuff. These people aer getting GREAT houses!!!
DJ, I agree, these folks ARE getting great places to live at a great deal!!!
Our sale is contingent, it appears according the contract, on the buyer approval of the physical condition of the property. I don't see anything about stucco, soil, etc...but maybe that is not customary here. In CA we always had to pay to have a survey for geologic and hazardous conditions, but I guess not here.

The evaluations and inspection deadline is aug. 6th. We might have to re do our disclosures since they were first done in Sept. but then nothing has changed since then...not a big deal, fill out a form, sign it.

No loan or appraisal needed, buyer is cash. So that is helpful. Would love to close before Aug. 19th, so maybe we can move it up. The sooner we close the less we have to pay for housepayment for August. I would love the close to be the 15th...maybe we can move it up once the inspection is done..less time for hubby to be overwhelmed!

I have a feeling I will have a new appreciation for my furniture after a few months in our mobile home..we have our old bedroom set up there, and we are going to give away the sofa and chair up there now, and take our lazy boy sectional and hubby's beloved recliner..other than that the rest of our furniture is going into storage here.

Later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate