Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:06 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times

Advertisements

i was out and about yesterday... saw a few homes sold or pending... thinking have these people seen me? lol. i guess homes are selling. that makes me happy. i have to get my fire started here, im loosing my home making skills. lol, no desire to make meals or entertain, hard to want to make things nice. i know i have to but its just so hard. anyone else feel like this? i have small kids and i have to keep up with it all. i keep picturing my new house and life. i want to do all this stuff there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 05:15 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I know exactly how you feel....we have not entertained, baked cookies, etc...for months due to the fact that 'someone might come look'. Our life has been on hold. It's hard and I know especially with little ones it must be much harder. It's like we have lost a part of ourselves I hope we get back..

Old 07-28-2008, 05:32 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Hey everyone hope your weekend has gone well. We had a showing on weds and friday. The young couple that came weds absolutely loved the place and commended me on my staging. Said the house was in wonderful shape and most definately on there top of homes. So will be making sure the house is in tip top shape this week incase they come by for another showing. They also said the house is priced right which is good to hear. My realtor encouraged them to right it up and there realtor said she will be back to her this week! Staying very optimistic...thats the key OPTIMISTIC not giving up hope. Its nice because what my neighbor said is they are young with a young son, which is nice since we were young with a young son when we had this home built almost 7 years ago.
Hi Sykesfam....That is wonderful news, and alot to stay positive about. Can't wait to hear when you get your offer! It sounds like you would like them to have the house, which is also really cool. Good luck. Tambre

Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I would drop it to 374990...that gets it below the 375,000 mark, that is only 5,000 lower than 379,000 or a little under that...seems to me most of the search engines can search in 25,000 increments, like 300-325, 325-350, 350-375, etc...I could be wrong but it might be enough to get you over that hump and still sell...

I read somewhere here that sellers are buying down the buyer's points..might that be an option? Guess it saves them on their monthly payment..or something toward closing costs...you might think about it..

I am heading to bed pretty quick, hoping for a good week for everyone!
Barb
Hey Barb,

Those are great ideas. I was wondering if you could explain how the buying down points works. Thanks. Tambre

Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
i just lowered my price again! now from 294,900 to 285,000. bring em in!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i just lowered my price again! now from 294,900 to 285,000. bring em in!!!!
Hope this price reduction has the buyers all headed in your direction! Good luck! Tambre

Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 AM

99 posts, read 180,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
i was out and about yesterday... saw a few homes sold or pending... thinking have these people seen me? lol. i guess homes are selling. that makes me happy. i have to get my fire started here, im loosing my home making skills. lol, no desire to make meals or entertain, hard to want to make things nice. i know i have to but its just so hard. anyone else feel like this? i have small kids and i have to keep up with it all. i keep picturing my new house and life. i want to do all this stuff there.
I am right there with you hdzup3. My daughter is turning two on friday and, the bad mom that I am, am not throwing her a birthday party bc I was too worried about potential buyers. I feel like I can't do any of the fun crafty things I would love to normally do bc of the potential mess it would make. It seems like every showing is during lunch time or dinner, so we keep going out to eat. I am aching for a good home cooked meal-- and I am a terrible cook Sorry, went off on my own vent.
Just hang in there-- it'll happen. Finger crossed!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
Am I the only one not going crazy trying to keep the house clean? I feel like a bad seller because I am not constantly cleaning. I clean my bathrooms every other day and vacuum every other day. Otherwise I just kind of keep things picked up but I am not going to put my life on hold in case someone wants to come and look. If someone wants to come, I can do a quick clean and be done with it. I am sure that nobody is going to not buy my house because it is not dusted perfectly.

That is JMO.

Kristine

Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Barb,

Those are great ideas. I was wondering if you could explain how the buying down points works. Thanks. Tambre

Tambre, I don't know much about it, but here is a link to a cnn article on it..
http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/13/real...ion=2006111316

Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 AM

Kristine, no you are not crazy...do what you can and a quick clean when you get notice of a showing...most of you have children at home, ours are grown and out, so all we have to deal with are the dogs (I think kids would be easier, lol). Do what you can.

I feel like we have given up almost a year of our life trying to sell, finally a contract last week...it wasn't worth it, although we had the need to sell. He is 63, I am 55 and we don't feel we have a zillion years left together, so each year is precious.

Live your life, do what you can...i honestly think the serious buyer is not going to be turned off by a roast in the oven or spaghetti cooking on the stove. Wish I had followed my own advice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate