Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 AM

79 posts, read 144,500 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone, been up since 0 dark thirty, ugh. So much running through my mind. Hubby's last day was really nice. Received a generous bonus from his boss, and lots of thanks and appreciation from his work mates. Won't hear about the "new" job till Monday or Tuesday cause the big boss is on vacation. That has put a slight cloud over our heads even though we are confident, it's hard.........Just like you Barb, we have dinners and lunches planned for several days next week. Family and friends wanting to say good-by, that is hard. My sister and her hubby are over the moon that we will finally be together. Every time I talk to her she gets teary, she has wished for this for so many years. Even though we are having the movers pack us there is still lots to do. Today is new tires for the car, and getting them both detailed. Have a good weekend all, and Barb I'm happy your closing went smoothly Hugs all around- Michele

Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Okay Barb, don't drink all that wine before you get done packing....you might put hubby in a box and wind up sleeping with the toaster !!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a long battle well fought!
an old Irish blessing for you

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!
I love this! Thank you...

We have another showing today. I was hoping for more since it is the weekend, but who knows, we might get some calls later...

I am a little frustrated with my realtor, he was supposed to come by yesterday and drop off some flyers, but he didn't - and no call either! I also asked him to fix a misspelling and some duplicate photos on the web site, and he hasn't fixed that either (I asked him on Wed.) Don't these people get paid a ton of money to help us SELL our homes?? Geezzzeeeee!!!

Sending good wishes to all you sellers and packers!

Anita

Old 08-09-2008, 10:49 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Anitajas,

Where are you located....it seems like you are getting a fantastic amount of showings? Crazyma, wonderful poem. There is so much going on here... offers, contracts, closings, packing,.... I can't keep up! So whatever your current status, good luck!

Yesterday I decided that it was time to go shopping for work clothes (I work in a school), and of course, I'm 45 min. from home at the mall at J.C Penny, in the fitting room, and get a call from dh that someone wants to see the house. Our realtor says they will be coming between 6:30-7:30pm, so it's 4:30, and I run home to help with the cleaning. We get the house all **** and span, and get out in time, take a nice long walk with the two dogs, and return at 7:45pm, and the people are just leaving. I left them cookies, and they were all gone! Feedback was: they loved the kitchen, and thanks for the cookies. I noticed that they looked in the attic, and they were walking around the house looking at the property. They also had two dogs in their car. Who goes house shopping with two dogs?

Last edited by tambre; 08-09-2008 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Add more info.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 AM

Wow, they put ****, that wasn't a derogatory racial slur, just a common saying, and the name of a cleaning product!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:34 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hey Tambre...sounds like a good showing...umph , wurrrrrrrrr, zipppy doo dah......whirrrrrrr they is some extra mojo!!

I am trying to remember where it was......maybe St. Marys...oh yeah when my dad has his house there for sale...there were these people looking at houses and they brought their dogs to see if the dogs like the house and yard they liked his yard, but not the refinished oak stairs (1834 historical home) weiner dogs and short legs, need I say more!!

Oh yeah, do this s p i c heh...it's not 'bad' in the correct context .

Old 08-09-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Hey Tambre...sounds like a good showing...umph , wurrrrrrrrr, zipppy doo dah......whirrrrrrr they is some extra mojo!!

I am trying to remember where it was......maybe St. Marys...oh yeah when my dad has his house there for sale...there were these people looking at houses and they brought their dogs to see if the dogs like the house and yard they liked his yard, but not the refinished oak stairs (1834 historical home) weiner dogs and short legs, need I say more!!

Reasons a one story house sells faster than a two story house:

1. Old people (guess that's me and dh)
2. Weiner Dogs...lol

Thanks for the t i p Crazyma.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:47 AM

If you guys are BORED, and sitting around waiting for the phone put that energy to good use....just stick some open house signs in your yard and street and see what happens. Just don't be there by yourself....and just be yourselves and don't wig out if the kids have their legos out....and you can stick the dogs out back or in the garage...

Anyone shows up, greet them and give them a tour...you don't have to let them ramble around alone and don't talk to them too much..they do have eyes!
Don't discuss price or $$$, if asked anything like that defer to the agent.
When done ask if they want a flyer, and say if they are further interested, have their agent come back with them. Or if no agent, tell them to contact yours for more info.
They are welcome to come back for a private showing....

Now agents may frown on this, but hey it IS your house and you CAN let whoever you want in....and IF it gets you a buyer...then what is the issue? Seriously.
If the agents get those commission checks I bet they don't really care how!!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:

Wiener dog! I have stairs from the front and back doors of my trailer..oh dear....squatty will just have to learn, I guess..

Old 08-09-2008, 12:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I think I was doing this wrong..I was TAKING the dogs out of the house...I have never TAKEN my dogs to a house to check it out..when we are buying again I am gonna need to get on my hands and knees and look at things from dog level...WAIT!!! That puts me right up there with the grass sniffers, lol

Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 PM

DOGMOM---

you can be a grass sniffer tooo!!!!!! ROTF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate