Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,098 times

Advertisements

Looks like you won't be able to anymore...

Homeowner fraud exacerbates mortgage crisis | Business | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California (http://www.pe.com/business/local/stories/PE_News_Local_S_cheaters31.45b183a.html?ref=patric k.net - broken link)

And yes, it is mortgage fraud...
And yes, you can be prosecuted...
And yes, your agent can lose their license and be prosecuted, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
It would be easier on all parties if the lenders would quickly agreed to modify toxic loans and use an equity sharing agreement to make up the loss of income.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The Chicago Tribune had an article about mortgage fraud being alive and well in many states. Buyers are buying fake employment records, income verification and renters off the internet, to qualify for a loan.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,970,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The Chicago Tribune had an article about mortgage fraud being alive and well in many states. Buyers are buying fake employment records, income verification and renters off the internet, to qualify for a loan.

That just shows how stupid some buyers are.... there are plenty of shady, unethical brokers/bankers out there that would provide them for free

Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I hope they go after all of them....they are making it worse for others who have good intentions and for the one in the article who claims to be a good Christian.....well that isn't how good Christians should act...that is more the same as what is preached in Obama's church and has nothing to do with what Christianity is all about...just another scam artist!

great article! thanks for posting this.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM

315 posts, read 349,789 times
I believe CA is a no recourse state. So I doubt they can come after your new home. They can try to sue you though.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
I don't see them doing much of anything. They're going to tighten up the system so less people slip through, but they aren't going to really go after those that have already done it. As the article says...it's low priority to them. And it's going to be mighty difficult, what with all the houses/mortgages out there, to correlate all the necessary information to figure out who to even go after.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:14 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,405 times
Hmmm...maybe I should start calling the local news and rat on my aunt.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,098 times
Quote:
I don't see them doing much of anything. They're going to tighten up the system so less people slip through, but they aren't going to really go after those that have already done it. As the article says...it's low priority to them. And it's going to be mighty difficult, what with all the houses/mortgages out there, to correlate all the necessary information to figure out who to even go after.
Maybe not past cases, but it will surely affect all the self-proclaimed geniuses who think they are about to cheat the system.
Gotta have 30% EQUITY in your current home before you can purchase another.
No skin in the game, too bad, so sad.
Sucks to be you...

Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM

315 posts, read 349,789 times
I am sure there are still quite a few peeps that have that 30% equity, prestine credit and cash in hand (DP) to make this move. They see the house across town, same as theirs they bought at the peak, but for a fraction of the cost. The lender has no clue these 'A paper' borrowers will be walking shortly on their old bank. I am sure this before the bubble burst and there is nothing you and I can do but complain on a message board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate