Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 05:21 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times

Advertisements

Just checking in to say "Happy New Year" to all of you. I'm hoping for all good things for all of us in 2009. We deserve it!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Shopped at Trader Joe's for appetizers tonite. Yummy!!!!

I am going to eat like a pig and then diet Jan. 2nd....lol.......No use tryin now!!

Lacey! Sorry to hear about your buyers.....hopefully soon!!

Happy New Year to everyone else..

Maybe we should start a diet club on the side lol --anyone interested??
Trader Joe..oh WOW I miss them...I grew up with them, along with In n Out Burger...can you say Two Buck Chuck? They have the most wonderful appetizers and I always used to buy my bulk nuts there, it was the only place I could find raw peanuts for years.

They do have Trader Joe's here in WA, the closet would be in Tacoma, which is about an hour here...might have to make a trip in the new year...when we get back to NorCal there are ones in Roseville and Folsom, easy drive for me...that's one of those places you take for granted and when you don't have one, you really miss it! Enjoy your appetizers

Old 12-31-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning to all my camper friends!
2008 has come and gone, well almost, and we are now at the thresh hold of 2009. It has been some yr, hasn't it? We have shared alot of laughs, some tears, good news and bad. We have jumped with joy and ranted on all the turmoil and stress. So, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all the hand holding and freindships over the past year. Lets all hope that we find success and get on with our lives in 2009. And to be grateful for each other and the bond created. So when we all sell in 2009 we will continue to support, chat and stay in touch for all the ups and downs that life hands out. You all are the best! 2009 Will be our year!!!!!
Awesome Post! May 2009 be the best yet!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
A Bouquet for the New Year
Very few people can look at a bouquet of flowers and greenery, without some type of emotion overtaking them. The graceful curves of a delicate bloom, the heady scent filling the surroundings, the explosion of color, the texture of each selection; a veritable feast for the eye, nose, hand, and even the ear, as you murmur to yourself “how beautiful!”
But did you know that your heart can be touched also? Behind the fragrance and brilliance, or the softness and simplicity, meaning can lurk in this ‘garden’ you behold…
Here is a sampling for you, a bouquet for the new year! What will you find?
Edelweiss- for courage, to face each tomorrow
Sunflower- as a reminder to be ambitious- follow the sun!
Pansy- to provoke beloved memories and thoughts of loved ones who have gone before us
Iris- for wisdom, in all you think, say, and do

Dogwood- as a symbol of God’s love for us and His promises
Magnolia- to remind you to appreciate all that nature has to offer
Oxeye Daisy- ahh, for patience…we all need that!
Frangipani- for shelter against the storms of life
Peony- to heal you from your hurts
Violet- as reminder to enjoy the simple stuff
Rudbeckia- for justice when you are slighted in some way
Buttercup- don’t forget, it is okay to have a childlike faith and curiosity!
These are just some of the choices I would select to place in a new year bouquet, to give to those I know and even that I don’t. What would you choose to give in your bouquet?
Happy new year to you and yours! May you find love, joy, and peace in the bouquets that come your way.

Thank you for being my 'friends' and for your contributions to all the camps this last year. Each one of you is special in your own unique way.I look forward to hiking into the new year with you!
Yours- sara
Sara I just love this! Thank you

Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 PM

Thank you all for your positive vibes and prayers. Have not heard anything yet...nothing I can do, but if I were there I don't think there would be much I can do. My sister made some flyers and stuff, and emailed them to her daughter in law to get out and put the signs up everywhere, also told her to check vet's offices, etc. The idea about Bruno being leashed and walked will be suggested already.. All I can do is pray.

I fell asleep. Yep, silly me and I slept good last night too. House was quiet so I just fell asleep. Will watch some tv tonight, DogPaw got a couple of those bake at home pizza's from Costco, we have some beer and will settle in with a movie and what looks really cool is at the Seattle Center (space needle) they have a huge fireworks show they broadcast on tv so that will be different for us to see...IF I can stay awake lol

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
A Bouquet for the New Year
Very few people can look at a bouquet of flowers and greenery, without some type of emotion overtaking them. The graceful curves of a delicate bloom, the heady scent filling the surroundings, the explosion of color, the texture of each selection; a veritable feast for the eye, nose, hand, and even the ear, as you murmur to yourself “how beautiful!”
But did you know that your heart can be touched also? Behind the fragrance and brilliance, or the softness and simplicity, meaning can lurk in this ‘garden’ you behold…
Here is a sampling for you, a bouquet for the new year! What will you find?
Edelweiss- for courage, to face each tomorrow
Sunflower- as a reminder to be ambitious- follow the sun!
Pansy- to provoke beloved memories and thoughts of loved ones who have gone before us
Iris- for wisdom, in all you think, say, and do

Dogwood- as a symbol of God’s love for us and His promises
Magnolia- to remind you to appreciate all that nature has to offer
Oxeye Daisy- ahh, for patience…we all need that!
Frangipani- for shelter against the storms of life
Peony- to heal you from your hurts
Violet- as reminder to enjoy the simple stuff
Rudbeckia- for justice when you are slighted in some way
Buttercup- don’t forget, it is okay to have a childlike faith and curiosity!
These are just some of the choices I would select to place in a new year bouquet, to give to those I know and even that I don’t. What would you choose to give in your bouquet?
Happy new year to you and yours! May you find love, joy, and peace in the bouquets that come your way.

Thank you for being my 'friends' and for your contributions to all the camps this last year. Each one of you is special in your own unique way.I look forward to hiking into the new year with you!
Yours- sara
Wonderful post Sara. You cease to amaze me. We look forward to hiking with you into the new year.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Okay Ladies I know WHY I am here but you folks should be snuggled in with dhs!

Oh Dogmom I had 10 acres of peanuts, I could of shipped them to you!. If I am still here in the spring they will be putting in cotton, rotate crops every yr. Now I am watching the winter rye come in. Have to say I HATE green boiled peanuts, yuk doesn't describe them. What do you do with them?

Had a call from dd, she sounded sad but says she is just bored and will be home on Friday. Not a day to soon for me. Well back to the couch to watch the farmers fireworks some more. This guy goes nuts with them all the time. So you girls go snuggle with dh and a good drink and bring in the new year. You know they say who you are with at the turn of the year is the one you will be with all year! Old cowboys go riding at midnight to make sure they will be on horse back the rest of the yr. To cold for me to try that besides if I get thrown from Trullee being spooked by the fireworks, I would have to lay in the field all night. Talk to you next year!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:31 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Smile Blessings 2 ALL my Crazy Camper friends!!!!

May all your dreams come true this year!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 PM

Hi campers! Watching a movie with dogpaw and my cousin Faye..had pizza and a beer..it's a little after 10 pm here...hope I can make it to midnight..but if I don't..oh well...tomorrow is a new year right??

Watching a movie called Pineapple Express..pretty funny...

Oh, painter! I used the raw peanuts to make peanut brittle...

Nighty Night and happy new years!

Old 01-01-2009, 02:28 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Happy New Year, everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate