Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times

Advertisements

Friends like I said before we all have mental ignore buttons.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
RubberFactory...you have no clue what the bunch of us have been through with "casual lookers". Our hearts and souls are on the line here. Some of us are carrying 2 mortgages--a big financial drain in today's economy. Buyers want ...no, they EXPECT us to give our houses away! There is a LOT of sweat and financial equity in our homes that we are selling.

Then said buyers come in and criticize our homes, stating things like..."my husband is too tall for the house (he was 6'2"--my ceilings are 7'5" ) , "I don't like stucco" (did he even look at the pictures???), "I don't like the paint color" (then buy a freakin can of paint!). STUPID statements like this really have tried our patience.
.. and it is perfectly healthy to blame all this on me, right?

Quote:
You being a 'NOT SERIOUS BUYER" is a bunch of crap too--Don't waste my time. I clean to no end and back for people like you, I sometimes miss work for people like you, others here have to arrange to get their children or dogs out of the house--you are interrupting baby naps and such. You are interrupting my life for WHAT---NOTHING!!
How does 3pm on Friday work for you?

Keep in mind I'm going to need that oven spotless.

Quote:
Like a few of the girls said here...stick to virtual tours or buy a monopoly game and play there!
And like I said to them, I don't serve sellers' or agents' interests. I keep an eye out not to waste my Realtor's time, and that's as far as my concern goes.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
I operate under the assumption that the sellers are aware of the various attributes and defects of their property. I don't go around itemizing the flaws, and expecting a discount. I expect that their list price accounts for all this.
RUBBERMAN- Can I call you Gumby? reminds me of the old show lol..
Seriously, so I am reading between the lines----you are being a hypocrite by saying that you don't expect a discount but it should basically be deducted from the list price in the first place...

I had a lowball offer on another home that was 80,000 lower than our asking price. Even their realtor said she was embarrassed that they put the offer in and to rethink it. We were so p.o'd we came back at full price offer. We don't have time for people like that~Buyers/"gawkers" (in your case) like you give us headaches the size of Mt. Everest!!!!

Quote:
How does 3pm on Friday work for you?

Keep in mind I'm going to need that oven spotless.
Why, are you going to make chocolate chip cookies? sit back and lay on the couch while the cookies are in the oven?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-Feedback e-mailed last night. Back yard too small for their kids. Oh well it is only 1/2 acre what would I expect.

Texas-I loved seeing the Steelers win-many years ago they were our son's favorite team-he lived, ate and breathed Steelers.
Lacey how many kids do they have? Are they young, preteens or teens. If the later they will not use the back yard a lot 1/2 acre is big . My brother and i had a yard 60 by 100. We managed just fine plus we played in the woods and on the street biking and rollerskating. I think the parents want a big back yard for themselves to party.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Lorrie-who knows what people want-funny thing is here I have never seen kids playing in their backyards here.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Way to go Hammy!!!!!!!!!! She's right RubberF-stick to open houses or new construction-don't waste our time and energy.

And yes I saw that also. Also all our "wonderful,honest(?) politians not paying taxes til caught. Daschle knew about it this past summer and ooops he apologizes. We wonder why there's no such thing as personal responsibility anymore.

I think we should all fudge on our taxes and see what happens.Then we can respond well so and so did that and much worse. Lets make a statement. See you all in Jail.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Why, are you going to make chocolate chip cookies? sit back and lay on the couch while the cookies are in the oven?
aww I was hoping it was for when he opens oven door, turns on gas and inserts head

(Jk) ahh I feel better now...ok back to zipping it

Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Get your best intention to Costco for those tangerines---.
Ouch! I am sorry about your bump on the head!! Get out and smell the fresh air!! It will do a world of good Dogmom! You hang in there girl!!

CRAZYMA --WE NEED A NEW JINGLE TO get us through another crappy day lol. Come out come out wherever you are!!

Hey Gold!! Yea, here and there..In a few mags..it's all in fun for now.. thanks for asking!
She is such a beautiful girl also.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:57 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,463 times
Hi fellow campers!!! I see we have a low ball, lookie loo, some-time-in-my-life-time, buyer. The reality is Rubber_Factory you have no intention of buying right now (your poor Realtor is right on about you) you go see houses in the $190,000 bracket and want it for $140,000? All you want is to waste everyone's time and then if you EVER really make an offer you want to insult them on top of it!!! You do realize don't you that while you go about looking for a home you have no intention of buying that your Realtor is having his time wasted, gas wasted, and his chance of missing a serious buyer? You also realize don't you that sellers put their lives on hold and try to have their house look perfect so you can amuse yourself for a half an hour? You say you are looking for something that will be lower than your rent so I assume with all the research you have been doing you have come to the price of $140,000 to $150,000 being equal or lower than your rent. If that is the case you should be looking at homes $165,000 or lower IF you are serious about your home buying, but by your actions it is quite obvious you are not.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I don't think I'm wasting anyone's time. I know that I need a place to live, therefore I am interested in housing. I have the means to choose to buy or rent, therefore it becomes mostly a financial issue.

The question I have for you, how do you expect a person to determine whether they should rent or buy, without knowing the condition and price of the available housing stock for sale? We're talking life decisions here.

If the properties I'm interested in had them, and I knew about it, then I would go.

I have emptied and thoroughly cleaned homes before, so I have a general idea. I'm not completely following your point, though, because most of these places I see don't appear to be in any sort of "show condition" that I wouldn't do to a rental house I was leaving.

Either way, what is wrong with hard work? I happen to enjoy a long day of work.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I don't feel responsible for them. I happen to like stucco. Anyway, I also don't think you understood my point, but that's OK. You can re-read it at your leisure.

Regarding Realtor.com, you really can't tell much from photographs. Therefore you need to see the property. To see the property, you usually must contact a Realtor. I didn't invent this system of commissions and showings, I am simply operating within it.

Don't worry about it! I have no problem being vented on. Take a hunk of flesh while y'all are at it! Don't be shy.

Rubber is right I have never since I have lived in NC (almost a year) Have never seen an open house. Really strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate