Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:17 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,652 times

Advertisements

Hugs anne to you and twinnie. you got me crying, too. We love you!!
(hugs to you, too Barb, im still crying!)

Old 08-15-2009, 07:20 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,548 times
NJ,

That is just awful what happened to your daughter. I'm so relieved to hear that her vision will not be affected. Kids are very resilient. No matter how hard we try to protect them, "sh*t happens" sometimes. That's life. There was nothing you could have done, it was just a freak accident, like you said. It's a good lesson in remembering to appreciate all the good in our lives that we tend to take for granted. Sounds like you were more shaken than she was. Hope you're feeling better. You're a good mom.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,548 times
Texas,

That's a great story about how you got the name Watson for your pup. The picture with the BMD is amazing. How did your first night go? Great post Goldie! A vet told us once that dogs can't resist cat food. Maybe try a little of that to get him eating. Hope that isn't bad advice as we never had a small dog, only medium to large size.

Thanks for all the well wishes for the showing today. Love ya all.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,379,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I don't even know where to start. My kids and I went to Marshalls yesterday and my daughter ended up having a freak accident there. I still am shaking as I write... she is OK ....I had her right next to me about an inch away from me and my son was in the cart..They were both in the cart *way too small* and she was with me by the tennis socks.. I turned my head and she turned at me and screamed so hard..I looked at her and thought what did she do....all of a sudden blood started pouring out of her eye...I almost fell over..she had walked right into the metal long posts that hold up the socks. I thought she lost her eye because the blood was everywhere and wouldn't stop. I screamed out call 911...It wouldnt stop bleeding. We rushed her up to the front and the paramedics were called and got there within 5 minutes. Everyone was saying omg.. I think the pole must have gone right into the middle of her eye. I was freaking out and 2 women told me to calm down for my daughter....etc..which I understand since she would pick up on this. Took her by ambulance...the bleeding had stopped in about 5 minutes.. I never prayed so hard in my life. one thing is an arm or leg...but your eye.omg. I am sitting here in tears. The medic said the eye itself didn't have any burst blood vessels so that was a good sign. I kept holding fingers up how many fingers I had...and she got them right along with knowing her name..bday..that calmed me down knowing that. Poor Noah was saying Mia got a bad boo boo...... My hub had to drive about 130 miles to get to us (since he was at work then on top of that drive another 30 to get to the hospital *which wasn't in my area" it was about 20 min. south of where we live.

I saw a small piece of skin in her eyelashes and thought it came from her lid....sure enough...what saved her is her eyelid and prob. the way she hit it grazed the lid with that metal frickin post....so it was the lid that was all the superficial bleeding.... They urgent cared her/fast tracked her...the one RN said he could see she was going to be allright when he looked at it..I seriously thought she was going to lose her eye...by the Grace of God she didnt and has some major guardian angels around her.. so they gave her bacitran and I will put it on 3 times a day...they irrigated her eye with some saline and looked with the lighted scope around her eye...and they said there was no damage to the eye itself. It was something out of ER or something.........surreal. then I thought I should have left earlier but what if ---my husband said life happens you could have gone sooner and gotten into a car accident....or something. She was an inch away from me. I slept about 2 hrs. last night. I kept checking on her....and she was OK... I know kids are super resilient but that was one scare I never want again.
Her lid is really swollen and they said she will prob. bruise in a day or two.. We are going away to NY for the week....and they said it was ok to travel...
I just want to put safety goggles on her and an incredible hulk suit so she wouldnt get hurt again. I felt the blood drain from my body...it was the worst feeling ever..
thank God she is ok...I will follow up with Primary when I get back..they said a week to 10 days for the doc.. I asked about an eye doc but the NP told me no damage done to the eye just the lid...

Please say a prayer all for her....you guys are the best support...
Tex I almost called you last night but remembered you were at work.. and it was 1130p --I had to drive my car home and Scott had the kids in his car....

Life is precious..That is all I have to say. I love you all. All I could do is keep hugging my kids.
OMG Anne!! You should have called me. I wasn't working last night ...I was home with the new puppy. I work tonight. Now you will have Aunt Barb's # too! Man, what a drive for your husband--I can't imagine driving that many miles and staying sane trying to get to my injured daughter. He probably was a basket case the whole drive.
Thank God he put eyelids on his creation. That's why they are there for real--to protect the eye and it's socket.
Poor baby--thank GOD she is ok. I'll call you later to check on Mia! Love ya!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
OMG NJS-I have goosebumps on goosebumps. We hurt more than our children.

My grandson was running in our house (3 yrs old) and we had a slate coffee table-heard my daughter scream and my God the blood from his eye-thought the same thing. How I drove from Lacey to Toms River I'll never know. Ugh I feel sick remembering.

Hugs sweetheart.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 08-15-2009 at 08:18 AM..

Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,379,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Texas,

That's a great story about how you got the name Watson for your pup. The picture with the BMD is amazing. How did your first night go? Great post Goldie! A vet told us once that dogs can't resist cat food. Maybe try a little of that to get him eating. Hope that isn't bad advice as we never had a small dog, only medium to large size.

Thanks for all the well wishes for the showing today. Love ya all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning all. wonder how tex's night went. our first night with our girl, she last 5 minutes in the crate. my husband couldnt bear her crying. so she's been sleeping in our bed ever since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Stoy, thats how we ended up with BED DOGS, lol
Well, my first night went great! I put him in his crate by my bed and turned out the lights. I kept hearing him against the metal door. I said "No Watson"
maybe twice and then he laid down and went to sleep. I got up around 9 am and he was sitting there looking up at me!! He never barked or cried or pee'ed or pooped in his crate! I took him outside--didn't go to the bathroom. Now he is in his fenced area with food/water. I am hoping he eats today. I left the room to see if he would maybe eat without me there, because he wants out when I am in the room. He doesn't cry or bark! He will wimper very softly ....thats all.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times
Woot! for Watson! Wuf! Wuf!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:30 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,948 times
NJ: OMG - how horrifying! I would have been totally freaking out too and praise God it was just her eyelid! Poor thing and DH racing frantically to be by both of your sides. I was wondering where you were and now I know. I'm just so glad she's okay - abiet swollen and will have a black eye, but at least no damage to her eye. Amazing how some of the smallest parts of our bodies can be the ones that bleed the most. Anyway, I feel so bad for you but am very, very happy it wasn't more serious. Big hugs and kisses to you and the family. Hopefully tonight you'll get more sleep. Thing is whether they're 5 or 25, they're still our babies -never forget when Stefan finally got his driver's license - he actually waited until he was almost 18. Talk about a lot of praying - especially when I called him one night from here and he told me about someone running him off the road into a snow bank. Thought I was going to have a heart attack - that's when the whole "let go and let God' reallllllllllllllllly became my mantra, 'cause to me he will always be my little baby boy. I'm gonna have to call him today 'cause I need to hear his voice after reading what happened to your little girl. XXOO

Tex: That pic was precious and the maybe try the cat food thing or some other treat, and lots of reassuring hugs. Sure Watson just freaked out with new home but that will pass. It took Albert 3 weeks before he would let me touch him - at night I'd herd him into in the bathroom (where his litter box was) so he had small space which they like and his box was right there - so one he started using it I'd leave the door open. After 3 weeks of now and then giving him some deli roast beef and ham, one night when I went to the BR, closed the lid and he jumped up on it and half asleep I reached down, scratched his head and don't know which one of us was the most surprised we were actually 'touching' LOL. From then on, he slept with me - though first night he totally freaked me out 'cause I woke up feeling this little fluff of fur next to my leg and thought it was a frickin' rat or something But Albert had just gone under the covers to sleep right next to me and being under the covers made him feel safe. Fortunately he's over that stage (for the most part) though still sleeps either in the crook of my arm or if I'm on my side and legs spread a bit, he curls up between legs and butt. They like being close especially if strays or young. Goldy gave you some great ideas/sites for training Watson - once he's trained, he'll go in the morning (or I guess afternoon when you go to work), then be able to hold it until you get home - unless you have a neighbor like that guy he likes, come over and take him out for you. You know, with your place you could put in a doggie door (when he's a bit older) to where the outside portion had one of those movable doggie fences so he would go straight from the inside to a secure area outside to do his biz? Just a thought. Glad he didn't pee/poop in his crate and actually peed outside this morning! Yeah! Maybe that's where the saying "don't shatz where you live' came from' LOL He's such a sweetie. Just takes a bit of time for them to adjust to new surroundings and being away from their moms - he's pretty dang young. Glad you all liked the Bungles pics - so many to choose from it was actually sad. I found one that I'll post later that's a billboard from fans LOL and that guy hadn't posted anything after I smacked him so maybe he took a chill pill or something.

Stoy & DM EXACTLY - both the dogs I had in my adult years slept with me, even my Rott. He used to sleep just like a person with his head on the other pillow. Nothing like waking up, opening my eyes and gazing into his big brown eyes LOL then he'd lick me and say 'morning' mom!' When Stefan's dad and I started dating and first night Gil spent the night, he woke up just as he was about to hit the floor; Heiden and gotten up in bed, wiggled in between us and started nudging him off the bed Gil had a long talk with him the next day that he was there to stay so Heiden needed to realize he was gonna sleep with mom now. Heiden, reluctantly, slept on the floor, albiet on my side of the bed. Sasha Anne my little girl who passed at 14 used to sleep between me and the pseudo and had to get a dang king size bed because of course she slept sideways and took up more of the bed than he or I did.

Cma so hows that screwing the floor coming? I actually looked for a pic to post but my God some of the stuff that popped up was just GROSS so I went, nope, nothing here I can (or want) to post!

Tambe Good luck today honey! Fingers crossed.

Kristine: Hows the kidlets and little one waiting to pop out? Can't wait to have ya post 'well she's coming'! Right around the corner though

Lacey so how was Cheers? I'm just so happy that Mr. L. feeling like going out and about now. Good for him most especially mentally to not be couped up in house or hospital and defintely good for you (and the shrubs).

Lorrie How ya doin? Know you've been having a rough time with things and hope day by day it's getting easier. XX

HDL How's your boy doing? Been thinking about you two.

To anyone I missed have a great day and need to try and get some work done. Have no idea if/when the boys are going to call (my clients) - must stop calling them boys though as they're still in their 30's so . . . . what can I say - any man under 80 is still a boy LOL. I'll pop back in later.

And dang it I just can't wait until later to post that one billboard - LMAO when I saw it so I'll leave you for now on a funny note

Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
Joy the shrubs are very happy.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,599,626 times
Unhappy Sorry to hear

Hugs and prayers go out for your daughter and you and your family NJ!!!!!That must have been very scary. TG her eye is ok!! I could feel your panic as I get sick over seeing blood and have passed out before during certain appts. and they have had to give me smelling salts. I could never do what Tex does for a living but admire her being able to do so. The only thing I experienced close would be when my daughter swallowed a marble at 3 or 4 years old. She came to me and said "mom, marble" and her voice was all garbled. I freaked out and taught myself to do the heimlech manuever in no time flat...worked too..out popped that marble.

Blessings go out to you hon...take care of you and yours!!!! When do you leave for New York?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate