Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Joy-! How are you girl??? I hope we do sell this damn house soon so I can join you Barb, Tex on the cruise.. It really sounds like a blast...................I have to go back and read lol...the last few days.... Cruiseship would never be the same with all of us...Holy -----!
That crew on the cruise will not know what to do with us! You have to come if Joy can come!
Quote:
Tex- Texas is waiting for you....I KNOW you will meet your man in TX because that is where your heart is.
Thanks Anne! I almost started to cry when I read this. You truly are my friend because you know what lies within my heart!
Quote:
I will now pray to St. Jude=--of the IMPOSSIBLE. I think St. Theresa got tired of me.!!asking.
Good idea...think I will start praying to St. Jude also. I prayed for Barb and Carl to sell and they did!! So now I will start praying that you and I both sell so we can have a GREAT time cruising together.
Quote:
PS> Posted a pic of the family on my blog lol. Don't know if you all saw it.(Niagara Falls)
What a BEAUTIFUL family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I haven't read anything since I was last here. I'll try to later. I really have no words. I am broken hearted. Not just broken, but completely stomped to death into dust.

No emails, please. Also don't say anything at Facebook. Just prayers.

I think I'll go die now.
Niki, you have me extremely worried. We are here for you. I can't tell you how many times these girls on here have pulled me out of deep depressions. Sending prayers and strength to you.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:15 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,874,271 times
OK, gals. Anybody with cat "experience", please help here.

I told you that Sophie had diarrhea the day after I got her, but I figured it was the canned food and I stopped it. But now she has thrown up 3 out of 4 days right after she eats her dry food first thing in the morning. Rest of the day seems to be OK, though. I have cut down the amount I put in her dish thinking she was overeating (not realizing that she doesn't have to share with other cats now), but that doesn't seem to make a difference. She doesn't eat much, but still turns right around and throws it up. She was OK yesterday, and I figured we finally got over it, but she did it again this morning. The first two times she literally did it right beside her bowl, but this morning I heard her and tried to get to her and she ran, literally throwing up as she went along. So I had it through my great room into my sunroom (on rug this time and not as easy to clean up). I am at my wit's end here. Because she thought I was chasing her after she started sniffing at the paper towels and baggie, she ran under my bed and since I wanted her to go into the laundry room (her safe room) and calm for awhile (and didn't want a mess under my bed), I had to get out the broom and chase her with the handle. She then ran under the loveseat, so same thing. I finally got her in the room, but she ran behind the washing machine and really hissed at me. Now I'm concerned she will throw up back there especially since she is so upset! Plus now I have undone all the good that I managed with her the last 4 days.

What could be causing this? What kind of food should I be giving her? I thought things were going well and we were really bonding, but last night she started acting weird and afraid again. I really don't have the money for huge vet bills right now if she has some kind of severe digestive problem. But I also don't want to be lambasted in the blog if I give her back, plus my heart would be ripped out again as I have fallen for her. I just knew this was a bad idea. I had a feeling that I shouldn't have gotten her............when will I ever learn to listen to my feelings that I get. They are always right. DH will not tolerate her messing everywhere all the time. He got angry with our dog when she was having diarrhea all the time because of the cancer we didn't know she had until it was too late (stupid vet kept tells me it was "just a fatty tumor"). In fact he asked last night how many times she had thrown up.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I would be ever grateful. I called and left a message for the woman I got her from asking if this had been a problem before, but I know she is getting her parents ready to fly back to Minnesota today. And I need to go out myself.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Morning all... just quick hike by camp. Dad is still hanging on-has been coming to table to eat, he is determined .... has been at home in hospice,since last Tues, may be going into the hospice facility down the street soon. One day at a time.

Too much to write- I am emotionally a wreck.Feeling like the red headed stepchild...treated like a fool in my own daddy's home...step mom is getting in some jabs- daddy can't hear- I am so uptight

more bad news- Sis in Shelby has not been well this last month. Anyway- went to emergency yesterday. Sodium levels so low docs said could have seizures. Did stomach scan last nite, then were doing another on lung area I believe- something said about a mass. So today am waiting to hear what is going on there...so difficult...

i hope i don't crack...this is SO hard
take care campers
hugs

Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Oh Sara-so very sorry. Hang tough girl and give the step Mom some verbal jabs back. Prayers for your sister!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:09 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
I haven't read anything since I was last here. I'll try to later. I really have no words. I am broken hearted. Not just broken, but completely stomped to death into dust.

I think I'll go die now.
Niki, prayers are with you..feel free to dm ok...love you

Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Sara, hang in there girl...what is wrong with that woman, just give it back to her...you or your dad do not need this right now..

Prayers for good news for your sis...when it rains it pours and we all know that...just know that we are all here for you..!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/Graphics/friendsquote.gif (broken link)

Niki, we are here for you..there is no better group of friends, girl...if you want to chat or vent or cry, we are here for you...again, feel free to dm me anytime....

Old 08-31-2009, 09:24 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post

Tex...I am with you kiddo...I worry about dying alone too...although when you really think about it..we are really all alone, regardless? What I worry about is my 2 fur babies being alone with ME ...would they nibble my toes?

JOY>>>OMG>>>that video was a HOOT...great way to finish up the weekend...I am off to sleep ...sweet dreams everyone!
Hey Jody - glad you enjoyed the video; sad thing is these are real There's like a whole series of them on this one guy 'Steve' and watched it and had to share. Too dang funny. And no your fur babies won't nibble on your toes - like you said we're not really alone. I know I would have at a lot of people by my side here in Panama; just want my son to get here.

So speaking of my son and getting off of morbid subjects, you all know I worked at the office all day Saturday until after 6, so pretty much a slug yesterday. Anyway, woke up this morning and had a text message. It was from my son Stefan telling me he loved me What a great way to start the week. Almost cried when I read it and told him I'd email him later. Just love that boy and really miss him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks for the compliments re: Watson. He did growl the first time he saw himself in the mirrored doors. Now he is used to seeing his reflection....he just can't figure out how to get to the "other puppy"!! That was just too frickin' funny, Tex. He's such a cutie - and the way he would run back to you, then run to the mirror. Ah

As for dying alone...now I wonder how long it would take someone to find me and who would take care of Watson for me. I guess my sister would take him. Oh...such morbid thoughts!
Yes and we must stop them! I'd been thinking about that and when the text message came from Stef this morning, it was like a sign that I ain't going anywhere soon - first I'm too dang mean and have told him I'd be around longer than even he wants me around and he's a mama's boy LOL. So let's make a pact to not worry about things we can't control and KNOW we're going to be around for a long time and have someone by our side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey ladies..been offline most of the day...went down to older son's place and took some of our now unneeded furniture...bought 5 queen palms for the backyard while we had the moving truck..truck goes back in the morning, it was a one way rental...palms are for the soon to be backyard. Ooooh Palms - they're gona look great Barb. Course we have them here, but I just love them. They'll look great by the pool!

So much smoke here from all the fires....horrible. Now hear that two LA county firefighters died when their fire truck overturned..makes me so sad..being a life long southern california girl..fires are nothing new, but they are always sad...and we are burning up gals....smoke and ash all over, I have had a headache all day and I'm sure that's what it's from..Praying that overnight the firefighters get some kind of handle on these bad boys...

Yeah, they always scared me in Colorado. One year every county but Summit had fires going - had so many birds coming to my feeder that NEVER came because they usually hung out in other counties, but with the fires they came to the safe places. Very scary - and we lived right next to a forest. Praying too for the fireman 'cause they put their lives on the line every day.

Good idea about pool planning..we are not doing a huge cement patio, and it will come off the back of the house....pool will be further out in the yard...will do more pool planning before we do sod and plant trees...good idea to get a pool contractor out here just for some ideas though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

Joy I know you said you ain't really looking at this time and Jody I don't know if you're looking.

Nite all
Yeah, no frickin' way am I interest in men right now. Last one did me in, but sure if Mr. Right walks in I'll be receptive but for now, Albert is all the man I need.

Quote:

I think I'll go die now.
Sorry to hear you're not doing good - most of us can relate. I moved to Panama 'thinking' I was married, worked my ass off so my 'husband' could quit practicing law and move down and not have to do anything, I was faithful for 3 years (blonde in Latin American country) then right before Xmas of '07 got the attorney packpeddle telling me he had been dating, blah blah blah -and that we weren't married. This is a guy I've known for almost 30 years and was friends with long B4 we got together romantically, so yeah it does hurt. But it also passes so just keep your chin up.

Quote:

Been in and out all weekend taking day trips with the family....Hope everyone had a good weekend!!!! Glad you and the family had a great weekend! Figured that was why I didn't see too much of you the last day.

Joy-! How are you girl??? I hope we do sell this damn house soon so I can join you Barb, Tex on the cruise.. It really sounds like a blast...................I have to go back and read lol...the last few days.... Cruiseship would never be the same with all of us...Holy -----!

I'm a trying girl - course the one offer I had to spend so much time drafting on Saturday where the seller's attorney told me (& his client) one thing and was a special type deal I'd never seen didn't know what the F he was talking about, so I just get a call from the buyer's attorney (as I was typing this) who I've worked with a lot that what we were told wasn't the case. So dang P'od right now I could spit. All that 'extra' time I wouldn't have had to spend simply cause a stupid a## attorney didn't tell me (or his client) the right facts. Have I said lately how much i HATE ATTORNEYS!!!!!!

Tex- Texas is waiting for you....I KNOW you will meet your man in TX because that is where your heart is. Exactly, Shel, the right man is waiting for you to get there - we just need to get your place sold. But he's waiting for you. You're too dang sweet and special!

No showings, no emails, no nuttin. 3 more weeks and no shows. This sucks. So much for the pool people. LOL> I still see that damn Fl. woman driving around our house. Sht or get off the pot already. I am tired of these people. I broke down and cried yesterday to my hub! I said we are never getting out of here. I had to dust myself off----but today is a new day.. I will now pray to St. Jude=--of the IMPOSSIBLE. I think St. Theresa got tired of me.!!asking I know honey and the right buyer is out there. That's when I see some of these posters on the RE thread post things when the dang house sold and they got what they wanted, but still biatching and moaning for 'their friend' I get riled up. I just pray, but not to a particular Saint so hadn't been praying to St. Jude - Maybe I'll give him a try 'cause I need the impossible to become possible.

Crazyma- you are in my prayers... I am glad your family is coming in to see your dad... Awful to go through. Know you are in our prayers. Ditto that Sara XXOO

Painter- I see a hurrican coming your way?? Yeah Carol keep us up to speed on your weather conditions - I forget it's hurricane season. Guess that's why our inquires have spiked - usually do during huricane season.

Tambre- you must be so psyched with the people buying!! You give me hope. Good luck with inspection. It will go smoothly...... Your inspection will be FINE! You're 'THIS' close to MO OMG. THE BATS.... I never saw one until we lived in Plymouth, MA....they werer flying around at night and one swooped down....loll... I cannot imagine one in the house....BUT I do hear *so my hub tells me* that they help ward off the mosquitos and they eat them! and many more bugs>>>so that's a good thing! So I was up late watching all of you gal's favorite movie - Batman Begins LOL the part where he's a boy and falls into the hole and all the bats come flying out. Now THAT would freak me out! Ugh - but yeah they do eat mosquitos. In Bocas we have a bat cave and people have asked if I wanted to tag along - I just said no, I've dealt with them, can deal with them, but not in MASS numbers so thanks but no thanks!

Gold- how are you? So how are you doing our little ray of Gold

PS> Posted a pic of the family on my blog lol. Don't know if you all saw it.(Niagara Falls)
WENT HERE THIS WEEKEND! Smithville New Jersey - Historic Smithville - Village Green It was fun. We did lunch there too....and merry go round ride/train ride!! Lots of little shops. We will do Amish country again maybe next weekend before kids go back to school and hit Strasburg next time....
I'll check it out after I now deal with the CF on this one deal. Did I say I hate attorneys LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Our son got attacked but one of thos geese there when he was little.
God Lacey, poor kid is probably phobic about geese now! I have this unatural fear of moths - the miller moths. Only thing I can think of is that at sometime when I was young did not have a good experience with them - cause they absolutely freak me out. Can deal with a bat inside, roaches, all kinds of critters but freak out over a dang miller moth. Hope Mr. L. feeling good and all goes well for your planned Labor Day holiday. XOO

To all I didn't mention, a big howdy but now I need to deal with the change of circumstances on this one transaction - though as I was typing this my outlook showed new message (and always gives a few lines of the email) and it was from the buyer's attorney telling me everything will be fine - don't worry LOL He knows me so well and knew I was so p'od about the seller's attorney's giving the wrong facts. So at least there is 1 compentent attorney on this deal. Did I say I hate most attorneys

Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Morning all... just quick hike by camp. Dad is still hanging on-has been coming to table to eat, he is determined .... has been at home in hospice,since last Tues, may be going into the hospice facility down the street soon. One day at a time.

Too much to write- I am emotionally a wreck.Feeling like the red headed stepchild...treated like a fool in my own daddy's home...step mom is getting in some jabs- daddy can't hear- I am so uptight

more bad news- Sis in Shelby has not been well this last month. Anyway- went to emergency yesterday. Sodium levels so low docs said could have seizures. Did stomach scan last nite, then were doing another on lung area I believe- something said about a mass. So today am waiting to hear what is going on there...so difficult...

i hope i don't crack...this is SO hard
take care campers
hugs
Sara I'm so sorry about you having to go through this - by the time I finished typing my post in between IMs and phone calls, you had posted. We have you and your dad and sis in our prayers. XXOO We love you!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
OK, gals. Anybody with cat "experience", please help here.

I told you that Sophie had diarrhea the day after I got her, but I figured it was the canned food and I stopped it. But now she has thrown up 3 out of 4 days right after she eats her dry food first thing in the morning. Rest of the day seems to be OK, though. I have cut down the amount I put in her dish thinking she was overeating (not realizing that she doesn't have to share with other cats now), but that doesn't seem to make a difference. She doesn't eat much, but still turns right around and throws it up. She was OK yesterday, and I figured we finally got over it, but she did it again this morning. The first two times she literally did it right beside her bowl, but this morning I heard her and tried to get to her and she ran, literally throwing up as she went along. So I had it through my great room into my sunroom (on rug this time and not as easy to clean up). I am at my wit's end here. Because she thought I was chasing her after she started sniffing at the paper towels and baggie, she ran under my bed and since I wanted her to go into the laundry room (her safe room) and calm for awhile (and didn't want a mess under my bed), I had to get out the broom and chase her with the handle. She then ran under the loveseat, so same thing. I finally got her in the room, but she ran behind the washing machine and really hissed at me. Now I'm concerned she will throw up back there especially since she is so upset! Plus now I have undone all the good that I managed with her the last 4 days.

What could be causing this? What kind of food should I be giving her? I thought things were going well and we were really bonding, but last night she started acting weird and afraid again. I really don't have the money for huge vet bills right now if she has some kind of severe digestive problem. But I also don't want to be lambasted in the blog if I give her back, plus my heart would be ripped out again as I have fallen for her. I just knew this was a bad idea. I had a feeling that I shouldn't have gotten her............when will I ever learn to listen to my feelings that I get. They are always right. DH will not tolerate her messing everywhere all the time. He got angry with our dog when she was having diarrhea all the time because of the cancer we didn't know she had until it was too late (stupid vet kept tells me it was "just a fatty tumor"). In fact he asked last night how many times she had thrown up.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I would be ever grateful. I called and left a message for the woman I got her from asking if this had been a problem before, but I know she is getting her parents ready to fly back to Minnesota today. And I need to go out myself.
Roth, isn't there another vet you could talk to? Maybe just worms or something - Goldy is the Pet Doctor, so I'm a bit clueless here. Every now and then Albert will throw up but usually 'cause he ate a bug he shouldn't have eaten. Maybe change vets 'cause this one already misdiagnosed your dog, so not sure I'd trust him on this. Has to be more than one vet in your neck of the woods. I'll keep your little kitty in my prayers.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,874,271 times
First............Sara, lots of prayers for you! Now if you have to come to Shelby, let me know and I will be more than glad to drive over to be with you a day! I'm sooo sorry you have to go through this, especially with family. They can sure be the pits during times of sickness, etc.

Second.........I am so miffed with the rescue lady!! I called her and left a message about Sophie and asked if she might have a digestive problem. She calls back and proceeds to tell me that ALL of the cats in her rescue barn have had a bug and have been throwing up and diarrhea since last Friday (first day Sophie threw up). What???? You couldn't have picked up the f$%#@*g phone and said "hey the other cats are sick, how's Sophie???" !!! And the sad part is, she was here on Thursday with her parents (they are interested in possibly living in this community) and I TOLD her that Sophie had diarrhea that morning, so she knew something had happened, she just didn't remember. She had to take all of them to the vet for medicine, etc. and she had the nerve to say "I wish I had known that Sophie was sick so she could have gone, too", almost as though it was MY fault because I didn't call sooner!! At first I hadn't been too concerned because it was only once a day in the morning and the rest of the day she seemed fine and I thought it was because of the change of family, house, etc. But when it happened again today (yesterday she was OK), I knew there was something wrong.

So she is currently at the vets (the "bad" vet is up in PA, not down here) and will hopefully get her meds. Since I don't officially own her yet, I don't have to pay for anything, although I had to go to my neighbor's and borrow their cat carrier because I didn't have one. And, oh yeah, the rescue lady talked to me like I was some kind of imbecile because I didn't have a cat carrier. When I said I wasn't sure how I would do it, but I could probably get her in the car, she proceed to berate me and say "no, no, no, you never go out the door without the cat in a carrier, and blah, blah, blah". Well, yeah I know, but I don't HAVE one!! DH doesn't want me to spend a lot of money on the cat until I actually have adopted her in case something happens. Luckily I was able to get hold of my neighbor and get the code to get into her house and get hers. Guess I will be able to pick her up this afternoon sometime.

*sighs* Off to take a shower as I'm going to Sam's Club with another neighbor this afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate