Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Good afternoon girls!

Well, we started out having a good weekend. Went to PA and on Sat. afternoon my cousin and I went to a small store....so she didn't lock her car doors....since we were about 50 feet from the car......so you know what is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were just leaving and the salesclerk said is that your vehicle right out front....my cousin said yes--she said some guy opened your car door, sat down and then got out.... so my cousin approaced the guy *who was talking on a cell* in the lot---he told her he was sorry...wrong car! LOL>..wth!!!! He had NO car I believe! trying to steal something obviously.....wow., broad daylight.. Ok my weekend gets better everyone...........

So there was 1 1/2 HOURS of sitting in traffic coming home from PA to NJ yesterday...................so we finally get over the Jersey border...............my husband said he needed gas...........so pull off the parkway into the rest area where the gas pumps are...........we weren't even near them yet...and see some idiot backing up into my car!! My hub honked the horn and the guy smashed right into our car!!!!!!!!!!!
My husband showed him the damage...and he started to DENY IT! said he doesn't know what my hub is talking about and said he didn't do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could tell he was drinking/on something and started using the F word several times so my husband told him he wanted his name insurance info...the guy got worse and I called 911.........GUESS WHAT!! THE LOSER got in his car and SPED OFF WITH his friend!!!!!!! HIT AND RUN! Nice, huh????We got the plate and had a witness see the whole thing! omg. Our luck.
Had to call the state police--got our statements and said he will be getting a summons in mail for an automatic 10 point violation for leaving scene of accident.... I cannot win.

Then this afternoon after coming back from NY...........a frickin tree fell right onto the right side of the road on the Parkway!! I told my hub to lock the door and stay inside................................. Poor guy is off on vacation this week too. What a nice start.......................

Hope all is well........................Off to the gym---if I dare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the sweet words on behalf of my daughter!!More later girls. I am pooped and need to go workout!
Dear God girl I only thought I wanted a vacation now I'm not so sure! sounds like way too much excitement. You poor things and I'm afraid I wouldn't even want to leave the house after all that! Your poor DH - heck of a way to start a week of vacation

Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
venture out again into the BIG BAD RE Forum !!! So that's what I just did and here is a thread that I found interesting for SELLERS : Realtor Question to the General Public

Now there are some pretty good resonses on the thread (imho), but the one that I liked the best was from a Realtor : http://www.city-data.com/forum/9497968-post11.html . So I was thinking , why NOT show her some Crazy Camp LOVE and who knows, she just might be seeing STARz tonight !!!

<sorry that I can't respond to all of your posts , but I'm trying to spread the LOVE through tweats aka cookies >
The one poster where you put the link is actually on my friend's list - fab Realtor. I'm going to have to check out entire thread when I have time. Just letting my hand de-cramp from all of the end of the month checks I'm writing. Typing not as bad as writing

Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post

I got some bad news from my realtor. Seems that my neighborhood (which, ironically, is safe, clean, great schools, and only 20 minutes from the beach ) is declining so rapidly, that I am fearing I may eventually lose my house.

From what she told me, there are so many foreclosures that will hit the market soon, that my value will plummet to a point that I may not be able to sell. However, I am desperate to get out and do not want to be here for another winter. I am kind of freaking at this point (Dogmom, I know you can relate).

My realtor said that houses that were going for $400,000 or so, are foreclosing and now going for under $100,000! That is BAD news. PLUS, not only are they going for pennies, but they are also remodeled (which is how many are losing their houses – by taking the equity and now they have none). So, my comps are compared to these houses that were once in my price range and have been totally remodeled, and are going for UNDER $100,000. It's truly unbelievable. So, although I understand it hasn’t been on the market that long, it is the knowledge that those foreclosures are looming on the horizon….otherwise I wouldn't be as frantic. I had no idea there were THAT many people foreclosing up here!

I cannot stay here for another five to ten years (I may be dead by then, for all I know!). I'll be 62 this year, and I cannot physically take care of this place anymore. I have thought of a roommate, or someone to live in the other building, but it has gotten to the point that I just want out. I cannot bear to stay here any longer. My realtor doesn't want to drop the price yet….I asked her about that. I just want to be rid of this.

My DD, unfortunately, is living in Sacramento with her boyfriend's family there. She is working at Sam's Club, and I do not see her…..which is also depressing. She said she wants to come and take the Amtrak down to see me for a couple of days when she has off….but she won't be here to help me. It is just me.

With my pay cut, and work furlough, and no one else around to help and not being able to afford to pay someone, I really am up a creek! Plus, my arthritis is really getting worse the more labor I do…I just don't know which way to turn anymore. I keep asking St. Joseph for some help, but so far, I don't think he's heard me…..maybe it's because he's in that plastic bag in the ground! I had him in my garden, which actually seemed more appropriate, but I was urged to stick him in the dirt...poor thing.

Thanks c21boquetebocasgold, I will give my realtor more info – I know we're in a lot of places, but I'm so remote, it's not that easy to find takers -- plus, I didn't take the equity and remodel....

I can't believe there are so many pages in such a short amount of time! Wow, so many posts already!
That's really horrible about your area and so many other areas going through same thing I highlighted one particular part of your post. IF foreclosures are 'looming' but haven't happened yet I would think a price reduction NOW would be prudent - again, don't know your area or whatnot but darn, if it's a fact that all of this inventory is going to hit the market try to get out before they flood the market or you're right; you won't stand a chance against all of those foreclosures IMO

Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
OMG NJS-look at it this way tho-things comes in 3's so you're safe for awhile.

Well camp buds-Mr. L is back in the hosp. Cannot believe this-all this in 8 mos has taken a toll on him both physically and mentally-and we all know metal is half the battle. He was so weak and nauseous I called the surgeon and he said get right to the hosp. they will be waiting for you. We drove up, they wheelchaired him and whizzed him to a room. Same nurses, same floor.

Awaiting a call from the doctor when he makes rounds later.

I have a headache but that's nothing.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:40 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG NJS-look at it this way tho-things comes in 3's so you're safe for awhile.

Well camp buds-Mr. L is back in the hosp. Cannot believe this-all this in 8 mos has taken a toll on him both physically and mentally-and we all know metal is half the battle. He was so weak and nauseous I called the surgeon and he said get right to the hosp. they will be waiting for you. We drove up, they wheelchaired him and whizzed him to a room. Same nurses, same floor.

Awaiting a call from the doctor when he makes rounds later.

I have a headache but that's nothing.
Oh Lacey I am so very sorrry to hear this latest news. What are they going to do now?
Sending many many prayers.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Afternoon Peeps! Been busy here, started some needed wood repair and looking around here to see what else needs done. I think we may be close to trying to sell the house..figured the way the market is it might not be a bad idea to get started,a freaking gain. With buyers being zealously picky, it could take a while even with a good price. Not sure if a relo is in sight, but as hubby will have the bach degree by next May, plan to be mobile asap....so here I go again.

Lacey- ohh Weber and wind...maybe a new trend? grilled flying steaks?
Oh egads, just read about Mr L ( I open camp in another window while I post & I flip back and forth)
Gracious that poor man- I really pray the docs can get a handle on this

Joy good pic of dog and pepe le peu

Lorrie- true about FL- it is hard to understand why we do some of the things we do, but there must be REASONS! 'tho hard to see...

Chick
- oh campers are always hungry!! and oh that is right , you are in the cabin now. Ain't it a pain getting ready, to think of selling?!

Brook share some pics of the yard! which side of Atl are you on???

well HDL, did ya get enough C food?? good job with the dancing fish there GF!!
HDL- re the upside down...wasn't it a copy & paste job??

Oh NJ bless your heart, what an unplanned adventure! I hope the rest of the week is happily uneventful! broad daylight doesn't discriminate against the nutjobs

Wisteria That really sounds crappy about the foreclosures= you better tell your agent to get with it. IMHO- And maybe you better decide your bottom dollar to get you out of there and price it a little above that for neg. room ..I don't really know what else to tell you, except it is taking a long time to even sell great properties....Is there any possible way to just rent the whole shebang? & you can move?

Dogmom- you made me hungry mentioning those Micky d treats hope you are having a good day around the new hacienda...one box at a time and remember girl to BREATHE!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post

There, opps sorry, is it OK it also has fruit?
That looks yummy.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:05 PM

Okay peeps, I wanted you to know my reason for mentioning counseling back some post..I have been there and done that. Had several difficult times in the past and my mind was jumbled and heartache was so deep, the only way I was able to regain enough to function, was through counseling. God bless my patient counselor. I am a big fan of counseling- might take a few tries to find someone you 'click' with, someone who will make you WORK not just nod their head and say poor you....
so anyway...
I guess I just have some empathy for those who feel lost, or confused, whatever. Sometimes, no matter how surrounded by family and friends you are, a neutral bystander(counselor) can go a long way in helping you rise up from the depths of your despair...
okay enough pyscho babble LOL

Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM

http://www.halloweenstreet.com/images/product/1879.jpg (broken link)Hammy!!
we miss you! hope you and bacon bitette are well

Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Same here-this is rare for her-Hammy where for art thou Hammy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate