Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,940,192 times

Advertisements

I have home listed on various FSBO sites.I had realestate pay me a visit last week since we do need to sell,we do have a very low asking price.We were told outlook was bleak and better to sell FSBO banks will not lend.My question,on one site they offered MLS and Realtor.com for $395.
Opinions and is it worth it,will it help at all in selling???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,931,829 times
If you put your house in the MLS you should also be offering a sales commission to any estate agent that brings you an offer that you accept. If you don't then the $395 is probably a waste.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
If you put your house in the MLS you should also be offering a sales commission to any estate agent that brings you an offer that you accept. If you don't then the $395 is probably a waste.
Should have added sites have buyers agent welcome at 3 percent.So will these sites be worth the money,still my question???I was willing to list but was told otherwise.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM

43,320 posts, read 77,177,570 times
What is your price point?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
What is your price point?
When you mention price point it would be only a willing buyer.We are well below what is for sale simarily in area,what we are offering.
28 by 63 excellent
12 by 24 finished bldg
10 by 20 bldg
12 by 20 garage
10 by 10 tractor shed
fenced
etc.
$110,000

Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM

10,967 posts, read 21,998,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I have home listed on various FSBO sites.I had realestate pay me a visit last week since we do need to sell,we do have a very low asking price.We were told outlook was bleak and better to sell FSBO banks will not lend.My question,on one site they offered MLS and Realtor.com for $395.
Opinions and is it worth it,will it help at all in selling???
First, what does better to sell FSBO banks will not lend mean? I don't understand anything you're asking here.

Second, why are you asking for professional help from Realtors when you've gone out of your way to rip agents in the past and tell posters to FSBO? Didn't you sell that home last year, or is this another one?

Old 08-14-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
First, what does better to sell FSBO banks will not lend mean? I don't understand anything you're asking here.

Second, why are you asking for professional help from Realtors when you've gone out of your way to rip agents in the past and tell posters to FSBO? Didn't you sell that home last year, or is this another one?
Why the attitude?I am asking general public help,people who have sold FSBO useing Flat Fee service.
Statement Fsbo banks won't lend statement was put to me by realtor who we called to list home.
His exact words were,you are better off going FSBO because banks will not lend money,various factors.The last property I sold was 4 months ago.His office was very active in the last several years.We have purchased and sold with him over the years.
Realestate had the past home for 6 months with only 3 people viewing property,we sold FSBO with around 10 people looking after 2-3 months.
We are selling now to return home to family,we realize we should have done it sooner.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,586,699 times
Quote:
His exact words were,you are better off going FSBO because banks will not lend money,various factors....
Not lend money to who? Why not? Of course they won't lend to buyers with poor credit, no income. But credit worthy buyers with stable income and a down payment are getting loans.

So if you go FSBO, are you only going to sell to cash buyers (which you could do non-FSBO too)? FSBO does not change lending standards.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:41 AM

You are 100 percent right,at this point he did not want to spend his money to list,he said a credit score of 750 was needed to purchase along with large down payment.Home sales are that bleak.We are going to talk with another realtor.Many,many realtors and offices gone.
We did purchase foreclosure home up north for cash and now in bad situation on selling.
This post was for only one thing,was Flat Fee on MLS worth it as tool in selling.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,051,084 times
Quote:
You are 100 percent right,at this point he did not want to spend his money to list,he said a credit score of 750 was needed to purchase along with large down payment.Home sales are that bleak.We are going to talk with another realtor.Many,many realtors and offices gone.
We did purchase foreclosure home up north for cash and now in bad situation on selling.
This post was for only one thing,was Flat Fee on MLS worth it as tool in selling.
If sales in your area are 'bleak' as you say or the one agent told you, (and yes lenders did a complete reversal from several years ago) then IMO a flat fee arrangement to get exposure on the MLS would be good - you're offering buyer agent commissions and by being on the MLS would put your home before agents when they're looking for properties for their clients. JMO but having your home on the MLS gives it exposure to agents around the country - not just in your local market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate