Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,276,161 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all!

No time to catch up. It's late and I need to go to bed. I'm very sleepy.

I did see that Kristine is back. Yay! I'm glad y'all are doing well. My daughter started sleeping through the night at about one week. It was great.

I also see that Tex is enjoying warm weather. *sigh* I'm longing for spring.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,284,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Hey y'all!

No time to catch up. It's late and I need to go to bed. I'm very sleepy.

I did see that Kristine is back. Yay! I'm glad y'all are doing well. My daughter started sleeping through the night at about one week. It was great.

I also see that Tex is enjoying warm weather. *sigh* I'm longing for spring.
Try to sleep good Niki, chat tomorrow!

Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,877,392 times
Morning all-it's like out little family is all back around the camp-fire.

Sara that will hurt but necessary. Get to the chiro while he's being "done".

Tex I also thought of you and that quake. I hope you're having a blast and there are no calories in food while you cruise on water.

Just saw Carnival has "Cougar" cruises-what do you say ladies?????

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
Good morning campers - well me and the house are still here and no water under front door or towels wet so that was a good thing see a 'bit' of sunshine trying to peek out, but with rain on/off . . . well hoping the winds are blowing the storm through. Going to check weather.com again and see what's what but Mother nature is too smart for those guys. I'm almost wondering if that quake didn't stir things up Know when we have them in the 'general vicinity' which can be hundreds of miles away, it stirs things up enough that we get storms here. We're such a narrow country and both sides are water (Pacific on one, Caribbean other) Glad you all liked the pic - if you didn't notice I'm the one on the left lol

Sara, that sucks about DH and yeah it needs to be bent, etc. cause scar tissue will attach itself - they had to do that with my shoulder after I crushed it; 1 year of PT. Ick, but got most of the mobility back but they kept working it so nothing would attach to something it shouldn't. Will keep DH in prayers that after a good twisting, he'll be able to use it more and not have to go through this again. And Lacey's right - while carl being worked on, schedule an appointment with chiro for same time. It's not like they'll let you be with him when they do their thing, so once he's in just zip on over and get yourself feeling better.

Barb hope you and carl doin' good, and it's so wonderful you had your GF there for a bit to help you get some pics hung. Think you said you have your counter cleared now so whoo hoo - pretty soon there won't be one packed box - well, maybe a few but managable amount where you can 'hide' them lol and if I don't get that goose, put him out in your backyard and every time you look at him, you'll think of me and roosters lol Hope you're getting to enjoy that patio.

Lacey started laughing about Couger Cruise - what, instead of shuffleboard we try to outrun a couger? I can just picture us after a few drinks, shoving people out of our way trying to outrun a couger Now that would be a fun game!

Stoy, when do you officially head out - I'm so dazed and confused. Ugh. My memory is shot to . I remember the big things like it's a done deal and you're out of there. I think, which is scary, that you'll be heading out in a day or two.

Kristine, you really did make my day by posting. Was so ticked off about water and all then i saw your post. Put a big ole smile on my face. Can't wait to see pics.

Annie, you're still probably racing around getting ready for Friday - dang the twins turn 5, then your birthday 2 weeks later. Pretty cosmic that your birthdays will always be on the same day. And i say give that donunt man movie to the man it was based on lol late Christmas present

Amy are you getting all settled in? Have you heard from the kids? Hope they got all their apartment issues worked out. Sure would be nice if they just said to heck with it and moved to the farm. But dang when these kids grow up well . . . like with mine, i really want him to come down here after he graduates but . . .

Lorrie know you're busy but thinking about you and would love to see new pics of Miss Willow and other furbabies. Hows the family?

Shel you're with us in spirit and all of us hope you're having a great time on cruise - in fact we KNOW you are and Watson will be so happy to see mom - they NEVER forget mom even when they have fun when we're gone.

Carol - hows your weather. Dang seems like that's our topic for the New Year "hows your weather?' Hope it's warmed up so you can work on those pipes in the barn. That's no fun carrying water - when it would go out at the guest house I rented from my friend who lived on the beach, she had water catchment but the guest house didn't so I'd have to go over to her tanks and fill up those 5 gallon jugs for the 'essential' item. Thought my back would break especially when one time it was off for 2 weeks.

Well, guess i should get to work - today trash day so of course in addition to all the other things I have to do first thing when i wake up so Misty somewhat 'calm', I needed to get my trash out. Was nice 'cause as I stumbled out back door to put a bag in can, Mama was there to roll it over 'cause the guys were there (as they're coming they honk their horn so people know - get your trash out). My coffee was brewing so hadn't had any so I looked like frankenstein with hair everywhere and looking dazed. Think she could even tell I hadn't had coffee yet lol rattling off to me in Spanish, me nodding lol saying gracias mama with no frickin' clue what she was saying. I can't even understand English until I've had my coffee Everyone have a great day and I'll try to pop in later. OOH, OOH, think I see a patch of blue sky! Ah, the little things in life. Later girls!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,451,349 times
Morning all....Hehehe dont know what is wrong with me but I slept till 8 a.m.!!! I did work my tail off yesterday, llol, didn't realize how dirty things were till I put my glasses on, guess I need them all the time now.

Hammy Good to see you again, everyone was worring about you and the kidlets.

Joy.............my heart goes out to you with all the rain...we went through it too. Ended up with something like 30" over normal. One big soggy mess here for a month. The good thing with this deep freeze is the bugs wont be nearly as bad come warm weather!

After all the talk about heating here my neighbor came in fit to be tied last night with his bill. From Nov 23 - Dec 23 it was $496, this doesn't incl all this deep freeze we have going on! This is for 1500sf, they are never there during daylight hours, they keep the thermo set at 69 degrees, ect. Told him to get down to the office and find out whats up and to let me have my guy check out his unit. My bill came in too, but it is 240 on this big ass house...cant wait for the next one, lol

Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 AM

OMG that much! That's awful.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:35 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,451,349 times
Lacey there is nothing cheap about this area. My bill averages 172/ mon. till now that is. The sad thing is there is so much unemployment now that most cant afford a normal bill let alone one that has doubled or tripled. The local office said that have the highest rate of "turn offs" now than they have ever...wait till next month. You know I dont see how they can turn off heat to a house in freezing temps, especially with kids....makes me mad! I know it is business but....

Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 AM

I'm with you Painter but they do it-and how do they sleep at night?

Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
that's just horrible about heating bills and turning it off on people in cold weather - isn't there some sort of assistance for people who can't pay their heating bills? There used to be but nowadays who the heck knows. Came back on to post a funny and saw this - feel so bad about those people and will not complain again about rain and all that.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM

959 posts, read 1,826,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all....Hehehe dont know what is wrong with me but I slept till 8 a.m.!!! I did work my tail off yesterday, llol, didn't realize how dirty things were till I put my glasses on, guess I need them all the time now.

Hammy Good to see you again, everyone was worring about you and the kidlets.

Joy.............my heart goes out to you with all the rain...we went through it too. Ended up with something like 30" over normal. One big soggy mess here for a month. The good thing with this deep freeze is the bugs wont be nearly as bad come warm weather!

After all the talk about heating here my neighbor came in fit to be tied last night with his bill. From Nov 23 - Dec 23 it was $496, this doesn't incl all this deep freeze we have going on! This is for 1500sf, they are never there during daylight hours, they keep the thermo set at 69 degrees, ect. Told him to get down to the office and find out whats up and to let me have my guy check out his unit. My bill came in too, but it is 240 on this big ass house...cant wait for the next one, lol
Holy crap! That is terrible! Ours is $275.00 this month and I live in a 6000 sq foot house that we keept at 73 degrees!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate