Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,380,221 times

Advertisements

Too nice a day--70 degrees. A beautiful Fall day again!! I am off to the park!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
A limping cougar-LOL!~!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,524,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex my hair is brown but I have lighter brown and red highlights, summer blond highlights.

I have had short hair most of my adult life and grew it longer for the wedding as I wanted (altho I hate her) the Paula Deen style. I feel more myself now and Mr. L will get used to it-he now says it's hot.

Hot is good Lacey. I was blonde when we were married but a few months later me a stupid 19 year old decided to do it red. Wore it that way for maybe two weeks and had to go back to blonde so i stripped it and put the blonde back in I had to do that ever since but I don't strip it anymore just use L'Oreal Excellence Creme. Have no idea what color it is but looking at my brother's hair I am so glad I still am doing it blonde. Forgot to add I also when I ws in my mid 20's decided brown would be nice did that also and liked it the first time but when I had to redo it it was so much darker so had to strip it again and go back to blonde.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM

Default Barb

Barb how did the doctors app't go?

Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM

Lacey how is Mr L?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,873 times
Hi all. Just got back from dinner and shopping with my mom and sis. My mom wasnt happy, in fact she was pretty mad i had sold those fur coats from my aunt. I thought it'd be a nice surprise to take her shopping with the $$. she did get some nice sweaters and 1 casual outfit.
Funny Story, though!!!! I think i once said my sis's most embarrassing moment was when she went to RiteAid with her worn out dingy bra hanging from her purse strap. She didnt realize it til she was paying at the counter. I believe this tops that. She, her DH, and her inlaws (who picked her up at the airport) stopped at the rest area on the highway. Brand new rest area/food court, really big. She went to the bathroom and thought something seemed odd when she flushed the toilet, but blew the thought off. washed her hands and went out to meet her Dh and FIL. was talking for a few minutes, waiting for her MIL. Don't know who realized it first bec i was laughing so hard but the toilet seat cover paper was hanging out of her pants. and not just a small part. the whole thing!!!! just part of the flap was stuck in her pants!!!! she said she couldnt crumple it up fast enough it wouldnt all fit in her hand!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM

I am not getting notified when there are responces on Crazy Ma's #6

Old 10-22-2009, 06:05 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I am up after constant licking of my face and puppy nipping at my hands...a full 3 hrs--I think that is a record!

3 hours a record. Ugh. I just couldn't do it but cute about how he wakes you up. No way you can be upset being woke up that way!

I missed the funeral---just could not stay awake. You would think with being so young, the family would have had 2 days of viewing then funeral. I feel bad that I didn't go. She had multiple issues, had gastric bypass and then went downhill after that---multiple issues related to the surgery. Up until yesterday, she would have still recommended that surgery. She is the reason why I don't give my blessings for that surgery--lap band, YES....gastric bypass, NO!

That's just too sad being so young and maybe the family just wanted to get it over with ya know? I don't do funerals - not since I was 13 and my sisters first baby died at 7 days; that little casket think that's why I don't handle death well. My DS is very pragmatic about it but . . . being 13 and seeing that think it just traumatized me about the whole thing. I dunno - just know I don't deal with it well at all.

Yep...all the men I know like long hair. Maybe that is my issue--I have short hair. Lacey I am sure you look SASSY!! You mentioned color--do you color your hair a different color than your original color? I am a brunette, but always get a mocha shade with blonde highlights. I used to color it completely blonde, but over past several years I have gone back to brunette.
Yeah they do - but not the ones who have to take care of it. When I was younger used to purge it all the time - let it grow long, then cut short and 6 months later was long again and always has been thick. I'm a brunette but hair on my arms, eyebrows/lashes blonde so I've been a blonde since 18. Did though for Halloween decide to color my hair red but my hair is so porious (sp) that it was left on too long and turned Molly Ringwald red/orange DS was still in his crib then and remember going into his room and he looked at my face, then at my hair, then at my face, and I know he was thinking 'i know this is mom but WTF is up with her hair' lol. Finally got it blonde again, but dang did it take a lot of work and then went through a green stage b4 finally blonde again. Never messed with it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Who got tequila??? Sara??? Uh-oh...let the party begin!! The things I miss in these posts when I am half asleep!!

lol when i repped her i sent her some tequila for help dealing with DGD and dogs

I got my obligatory 3 hrs of sleep! Duct tape-----nope can't do it--but the thought was entertaining for a bit!!

yeah, but funny to think about!

That's right--I hope Barb's doc sets her up on a new regime or a stronger pain med to help on bad days.

Amy and Stoy: I hope you both stick around camp after you move and get settled...sure would miss both of you. I hope contracts, appraisals and packing are going well for both of you and soon y'all will be living your dream in Missouri and Colorado.

Oh they will, Tex, if we have to hunt them down lol (we mean it girls - don't think we won't do it)

Anne: I'll take Noah's share of the chicken salad. You and Lace make me hungry when you talk about that GB food! I am thinking of making Barb's Shrimp salad with cheesy garlic bread tonight. May as well make it this week-end because on Monday, one of my co-workers wants me to start Phase 1 of South Beach diet with her. I have to do something---that cruise will be here before you know it.

I'm having a hamburger - but thank God I'm allergic to shellfish or I'd be all jealous of what you were having. Now the chicken salad is another thing. That sounds yummy! Sure my neighbors won't miss one chicken lol

Another beautiful day today--a high of 70 expected. I think I will get dressed and go to the park again with bad boy! If roommate wasn't sleeping, I would put him in his cage and go out and cut grass, but he will surely bark and wake her up.
I wish 70 Ugh. But I shall not complain - not when my GF is in MN. I will not whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex my hair is brown but I have lighter brown and red highlights, summer blond highlights.

I have had short hair most of my adult life and grew it longer for the wedding as I wanted (altho I hate her) the Paula Deen style. I feel more myself now and Mr. L will get used to it-he now says it's hot.
Well you are one hot mama - hot, hot, hot long hair, short hair makes no difference Sounds like Mr. L thinks so too and knows what a lucky man he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Hot is good Lacey. I was blonde when we were married but a few months later me a stupid 19 year old decided to do it red. Wore it that way for maybe two weeks and had to go back to blonde so i stripped it and put the blonde back in I had to do that ever since but I don't strip it anymore just use L'Oreal Excellence Creme. Have no idea what color it is but looking at my brother's hair I am so glad I still am doing it blonde. Forgot to add I also when I ws in my mid 20's decided brown would be nice did that also and liked it the first time but when I had to redo it it was so much darker so had to strip it again and go back to blonde.
LOL lorrie. Yeah, when I went to blonde they did the strip thing, but know I just use L'Oreal or one of the other brands, crap what is it - think it's swedish that they sell down here that's good. Usually though only the first time anyway ya have to strip it. My sis is natural blonde and her roots are darker than mine - funny how natural blondes have darker roots than brunettes. Weird.

So do let us know about your trip and I know everything will be okay - hope Miss Willow and other furbabies doing good (PS I like Willow much better than Wilma lol) She does not look like a Wilma

Annie you're probably wrestling with sideway sally - just a nudge girl, just a nudge lol

Barb let us know how doc visit went and gonna grab some grub now. Then check back - 2 hour Dr. House tonight, think maybe season premier? and I love House so gotta eat and be all ready to watch it. Geesh, what a life - my 'shows' lol Later girls.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hi all. Just got back from dinner and shopping with my mom and sis. My mom wasnt happy, in fact she was pretty mad i had sold those fur coats from my aunt. I thought it'd be a nice surprise to take her shopping with the $$. she did get some nice sweaters and 1 casual outfit.
Funny Story, though!!!! I think i once said my sis's most embarrassing moment was when she went to RiteAid with her worn out dingy bra hanging from her purse strap. She didnt realize it til she was paying at the counter. I believe this tops that. She, her DH, and her inlaws (who picked her up at the airport) stopped at the rest area on the highway. Brand new rest area/food court, really big. She went to the bathroom and thought something seemed odd when she flushed the toilet, but blew the thought off. washed her hands and went out to meet her Dh and FIL. was talking for a few minutes, waiting for her MIL. Don't know who realized it first bec i was laughing so hard but the toilet seat cover paper was hanging out of her pants. and not just a small part. the whole thing!!!! just part of the flap was stuck in her pants!!!! she said she couldnt crumple it up fast enough it wouldnt all fit in her hand!!!
That is a classic! LOLOLOL

Old 10-22-2009, 06:42 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,151,809 times
Hey, Nikki, if you're lurking, hope you're doing well, given your difficult circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate