Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and Tex glad you had fun-we did too. Laughs, drinks and wings-life's good.

Today's our son's and grandson's birthdays. Born not only same day but same hour and minute (11:16AM). Only difference--son was 9 lbs3oz and GS 4lbs8oz.
Wow Lacey, you had a big baby! Does your grandson have any learning problems after being so early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning out there.....Lacey that is pretty cool, wish them a special b'day from me.

Here is the lame azz excuse I just recieve via e-mail from agent. Sorry I didn't take your calls. I have been busy with visitors and finalizing contracts. Will try to talk to you tomorrow but I have showings in the morning. Now gals dont even ask what I have to say about this crap! She knows I am ticked off and she is avoiding me and all the excuses in the world is not gonna change the facts.
She is a pitiful, pitiful excuse for a realtor...dropped the ball so many times, and then is too cowardly to face you and the truth. So busy...yeah, I doubt it.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
JOY: So glad Albert is going to be OK with adjustments in his diet and some medications! Watson and I are doing the happy dance!!

Barb: glad you are feeling better as opposed to yesterday!

Watson is finally waking up--been sort of lethargic today--got his second lyme disease prevention shot. I took him to the park afterwards as a treat, then came home and he's been very lethargic. Now he is walking around inspecting things to see what sort of trouble he can get into!!

Rest little Albert--soon you'll be feeling well again!!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Joy!!! so happy to hear it. he'll be at your side in no time! i remember when my cat was sick and diagnosed with diabetes. it came on (or at least symptoms) when i started giving him a wet food. then after daily insulin shots/urine tests, i found a food that i didnt have to use the insulin anymore. so i know switching food can make a big difference. wahoo for Albert!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Yay JOY, you and I must have been posting about the same time..see prayer works, and wow so glad your awesome vet knew straight off what was wrong..you are like us, doesnt matter what the food costs, we get the best we can..its just what we do..they are our 'kids'.

Now I can relax a little, was just concerned we had not heard from you..whew!

Ok over and out for a bit

Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Hey Joy, guess I posted around the same time as Dogmom, so my prayer for Albert will have to go for a speedy recovery, ..as he was already diagnosed and started treatment already. That's such a relief that his problem is easily remediated with just a change in diet. Enjoy your beer.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Tambre-thank God no-extrememly high marks- and he's now 6'4" with size 16 feet and still growing. He was so tiny but we brought him home in 2 days-he squeaked instead of cry. Our daughter's placenta was falling apart and he was starving so they induced her early. I prayed to St. Jude 24/7 thru that ordeal.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
No word yet from Joy?? Oh dear...sending prayers...

NJ hope you are feeling better, hot salt water gargle helps but then you know that...just take it easy...

been putzing around here this morning, feeling a little better than yesterday but getting ready to lay down for a while, just took another pain pill and they make me a litte woozy, which isnt a bad thing unless you are out driving which i am NOT!..

Ok later campers..hey Painter give that lazy azz agent the boot..WTF..
feel like shat barb and everyone else who wished me well! you are all the best. Hub cant get back into EWR until after 9 or 10 tonite. delays delays at Reagan Airport.Always is there! Poor guy. I have the kids watching a dvd.. I will read to them and off to bed

JOY.-----OMG about Albert...your precious one. I am so happy he is ok. Poor baby..... Thank God you found out now!before the damn weekend. You vent anytime. You are always here for eveyrone.

Barb- did you get your decorations? Salt water helps..nasty headache and bodyaches............here it comes and it isn't even Nov! I think we are allergic to the state of NJ! Hang in there BaRB!! i HOPE u feel better.

TEXAROOSKI- How are you girl? How is my little Watsaboo. My kids were saying that last nite...Watsabooo.....
they said can we meet Watsaboo and Aunt Shelly? Noah said where does she live? I said, Pennsylvania.. He said can we go there? :LOL>..I said sure and maybe she can come here too...All these wonderful aunties they have now.........

More later guys. Last night I didn't go to bed until 2a! then Mia was up coughing..........so I got about 3 hrs. Then the frickin loudest owl in the world starting to hoot! wth!! i thought, omg...how many hrs.. will this go on!!I was ready to shoot it LOL.
I have to rest my head girls... BBL>>>>>>>
Hi to everyone else..
Stoy- did you get appraisal back yet?
Tambre- smooth sailing????with people? You are so lucky girl.

LACEY- HOT AS HELL HERE in NJ! Ya think I lived in Florida!! this heat is too much. Cold hot cold hot. Freezing today in the damn hair place- had an appt. for my color and they cranked ac to 50! I come out sweating and then chillls with the 84 degre heat!!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning out there.....Lacey that is pretty cool, wish them a special b'day from me.

Here is the lame azz excuse I just recieve via e-mail from agent. Sorry I didn't take your calls. I have been busy with visitors and finalizing contracts. Will try to talk to you tomorrow but I have showings in the morning. Now gals dont even ask what I have to say about this crap! She knows I am ticked off and she is avoiding me and all the excuses in the world is not gonna change the facts.
Sorry Painter but your realtor sucks as bad as mine. I am so sick of mine.. She seriously thinks we are going to relist with her! Omg. What a joke....she is the lamest, pansy agent I have ever seen. I have to tell HER what the hell to do....Sick of it. I wanna puke when I think of 15k for commoission. She doesn't deserve one penny. She won't sell it so that is some consolation. She sucks.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
TEXAROOSKI- How are you girl? How is my little Watsaboo. My kids were saying that last nite...Watsabooo.....
they said can we meet Watsaboo and Aunt Shelly? Noah said where does she live? I said, Pennsylvania.. He said can we go there? :LOL>..I said sure and maybe she can come here too...All these wonderful aunties they have now.........

More later guys. Last night I didn't go to bed until 2a! then Mia was up coughing..........so I got about 3 hrs.
Aaaahhhhh....how sweet!!! Of course they can come visit Aunt Shelly!! Watsaboo would LOVE them!

I just knew you and Mia were going to pick up what Noah had. Rest, fluid and pick up some more amoxicillin!!

I think Watson is getting the hang of potty training!!! Tonight he sat on his butt near the door and I couldn't see him, so I called his name. He came away from the door and looked at me, then sat on his butt and barked again! So I said "Wanna go potty?" and he started running and jumping. So I took him outside and he peed!! Then about an hour later I was watching a movie and he went over in front of the TV and sat on his butt and barked. I said "Shhhh" then he went out to the DR and peed on the floor! He was trying to tell me "Take me outside!" ...my fault that time! My little guy is learning!!! He is still lethargic from the vaccination he received this morning.

OH...update on my realtor...I spoke to her today re: my house not selling. She told me it isn't just my house that isn't selling because they are competing with lots of foreclosures right now. She actually encouraged me to try to go FSBO in the Spring because that way I could reduce the price significantly and wished me luck. I am taking the house off the market this week and will try FSBO in the Spring!

Joy...question for you. If someone that she has shown the house to wants to buy it ...how long of a time period has to expire before I don't owe my realtor a commission when accepting an offer from someone who has previously seen the house under her?

Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Hey girls, thanks again for the support. Not sure I'll ever catch up - just had someone call asking if I'd checked my emails and flat out said no my cat is sick and been taking care of him today. I'll answer your email tomorrow. Didn't really care what he thought - Albert's my baby and sorry - more important than frickin' email that I can deal with tomorrow when I start Albert's antibiotic and milder pain med regime. One of his meds (the 3 day one) have to give him middle of the day so going to work from home on monday. Today was essentially no work other than talking to one atty on the phone and a couple of IM's with my assistant.

Albert slept a lot, but hadn't drank any water all day which was worrying me (food don't mind, but water way important) - God they're like our kids, so I took him to his water bowl (bottled water cause couldn't find the one with the electrolites or whatever), he did drink a fair amount and then, of course, bam - it hurt, the whole moaning/crying thing. Glad the vet was smart enough to send me home with another pain shot for him and Shel you would have been proud of me LOL Found that dang muscle and didn't realize how easy it would be - course guess it's harder on a person, but with cat piece of cake and doesn't hurt so long as you inject the med slowly. Albert didn't even flinch. Course was holding onto him, fumbling in the ziplock for the syringe, getting the cap off LOL Anyway, he's in the bathroom curled up behind the toilet sleeping now, but at least he got some water in him.

Guess I thought (again must stop thinking lol) that one trip to the vet, a shot of antibiotics, pain meds and he'd be back to his old self - yeah, I know pretty delusional. Stoy, it did help a lot to read about yours and that it took some time, so I feel better now that he's not immediately better. Of course, I'm also kicking myself now for not taking him in when it first started, but then he was back to his old self so thought just a temp thing. Told the vet that as well (held nothing back - ya have to tell the doc everything!) and she wasn't concerned - said that was normal that it would flare up then be okay, then flare up again though I'm feeling like Mommy Dearest now for not taking him even when he felt good

So talk about a good assistant - as I was typing this she just brought me the bottle of electrolites or whatever the he## they're called because I'm supposed to mix it with Albert's water to flush out things out and, I guess, give him extra whatever they're supposed to do. Dang, I drink water but don't know about no dang electrolites. Just put a few drops in his water so if he gets up in the night and drinks more it's in there. Probably will just sleep and another night without him curled up next to me, but at least he won't be hurting. Totally zonked out now.

So on that note girls, enough about Albert. Any peeps reading this are probably going what's up with that woman and her cat

Annie and Barb hope you both start feeling better soon. Just sucks feeling crappy like that - and yes, Annie, you and Carol have just lame A## agents. Do think if you just paid one of the limited service agents to put on MLS, offer a buyer agent commission you'd do good. Ton of sites out there you can also advertise, so between that, MLS exposure - heck even some FSBO classified ads.

Oh and Carol, look at your listing contract - there should be a hold over clause for people she showed the house to and it has to be someone she actually worked with on it, showed it etc. After that, nada. Hasta la Vista, baby!

Lace, that's cosmic about their birthdays being same day AND hour/minute! I thought it was that my niece and I are 15 years apart, both had our sons at same age, both on New Year's Day 15 years apart, but not the exact same hour! WOW is all I can say. Your prayers certainly worked during your GS birth as he's now a big strapping boy!

Amy, so hows the packing and all that stuff going. Have you got appraisal results back yet - you're the one who was waiting, right? My brain is simply not functioning now, but I did fully disclose lol that when I came back to the camp I might not be all here

Stoy, how's it on your end? Maybe it's you waiting for appraisal LOL just can't remember - do remember you've been packing so got that going for me

Sara, your post made me LMAO and put a big smile on my face; and yeah, we know you like to be on top Ah, no wonder we always have so many peeps at the camp - record numbers for last camp!

Miss Goldy, thanks for the prayers and hope you're doing good. Was scary and I'm so grateful the vet had experience with 'street cats'. If I would have say taken him down to David like some do, they might not have 'got it' ya know? She was talking about the ones in Boquete (course in Spanish) and I told her Albert was from Bocas. Well she just kind of made the whole Latina motion with her hands like 'well, that explains everything' LOL Still see Albert's relatives when I go over to my Bocas office. God they're probably all inbred too Poor Albert - who's your daddy?

Roth, hows Miss Sophie and your wine journal coming? Needless to say with all the drama still haven't read it but promise I will!

HDL I will hound you until the cows come home 'til you post. Always worked with husbands (and pseudo lol), so gonna try it on you!

Well, girls I'm tired as a dog (or cat in this instance). Trying to stay awake until 10 but don't know if I'll make it. Didn't eat today and quite honestly don't feel like it - when Naiky was buying Albert's meds she bought me my fav comfort food, Cambells Chicken Noodle soup. Ah . . . I'll probably have it for breakfast lol dang where is that french toast! Could be back, could be asleep - heck, wonder if there's room for me behind the toilet with Albert One way we could curl up together. So if you don't see me again tonight, I'll see ya in the morning. Will be doing some grinding and force feeding Albert his antiobiotics (will have coffee first or could be a total disaster)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate