Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times

Advertisements

Hey Girls,

Dogmom, hope you got a good night's sleep. Nothing worse than being up all night. Barb, how's Carl's shoulder feeling? Hope he doesn't overdo it. Crazyma, glad that your dh is healed up and back to work. So, where are you thinking of moving to? How are the prices in your 'hood? Painter, that is scary about the rattlers. How often do you have encounters with them? Do they have any natural enemies? Stoy, that's scary about hiking with mountain lions or bears around. Do you have bear spray?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Painter & Dogmom- I am with you on the snake thing, can't stand 'em, spook the poo outta me
Never saw any in Miami, we just had those iguanas.Had one about 4 ft, nose to tail, that hung around. I gave him plenty of distance.

Stoy
oh too funny, bartering with a bear! Sounds like a scene out of comedy, errr tragedy???
Glad to know you are not TOO isolated, I was thinking some remote mountain top, with going to the general store an all day affair.

I don't think armadillos are too fast. They put their noses down and kinda plow around, and mosy along. Now I don't like possums.They are fierce little buggers. I see them on the fence and they will hiss at you!

Tambre I guess your pond will be a borrow pit, & will fill up with rain? Not certain, but you might be able to get fish to stock it with through your state fisheries.

Public Service Announcement!!
OH I told someone about this the other day! Speaking of outdoors, here is a link to something some of you might want to think of doing-

Create a Certified Wildlife Habitat - National Wildlife Federation

Create a Certified Wildlife Habitat!
there are even individual state programs, often through the County Extension Depts. ( who can be a great help in other ways)

back to regular programming

NOT sure where we might go, depends on potential job offers, Goal is to get back south/southeast. I asked our realtor we had during the layoff listing to get some recent comps & info together for me.

Need to scoot for now, got something to do in a bit and I need to get it together...
carry on!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:56 PM

430 posts, read 1,695,084 times
Pardon me, you look like a friendly group. I can't find post #1 so I can read about the rules of this thread. Can I get a little help? :-)

Old 02-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Green View Post
Pardon me, you look like a friendly group. I can't find post #1 so I can read about the rules of this thread. Can I get a little help? :-)

Welcome Fields of Green,

We started out as a group that was initially based on real estate issues and served as a support for those buying houses, selling houses, moving, or in the real estate business.

Over time, we have become a group of friends who support each other in all areas of life, as we have gotten to know each other over this daunting process. We always welcome newcomers to our group!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM

I'm quoting part of an oldie I found in the archives just because its so cute, and Styx reminds me of my teens!

"In honor of this new thread may I present
'Come Buy Today' sans styx

I'm selling today, have an open house, come and look at me,
I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me
At home I'm the captain, so come inside.
You'll search all cabinets in every room,
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to stay away..."

I'm curious whether the author sold.

Hello! I recently moved out of the state in which I was born and raised, ready for a new adventure. I am beginning the home buying process in my new state although I've been watching this market for about two years. I'd like to grow old and die in my next home and never ever ever never move again, so I'd reeeeally like it to be "the one."

I've had a little trouble finding an agent who actually listens and responds in a timely manner. I'm not thrilled with the one I've decided to work with, but have decided that's okay.

Approximately 60% of homes in my area are short sales, so that leaves me with very few to choose from. This weekend's tour was very disappointing. I can only hope that with spring approaching, new listings will trickle onto the market.

Also with the warmer weather and that my house backs up to a large field, brings out my Killer Jack Russell/Chihuahua's skills! She is 9 years old and has bagged two rats this week! Her little partner in crime, our sweet and simple-minded younger Chihuahua/Dachsund, knows something exciting is going on but is not sure how to help.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:56 PM

Hey FOG (Field of Green),

Love the story about "Killer" your jack russell, and your other pup who doesn't quite get it. I can just imagine it all so well, from your funny description. Our dogs recently have tried their hand (or paw) at mousing, and all they do is dig enormous holes in the ground to unearth the nest, while the mice are far gone already, out a different tunnel. Then they sit peering at the edge of hole, hopeful that they'll get a prize.

That's wonderful that you've already sold, moved and now are in the process of buying. What area are you in? Are you looking at short sales, or regular sales, or both? Do you have to be a certain distance from a job, or in a certain school district? Is your realtor not understanding what it is you want, or just unresponsive, or? It's also good that you are renting, so you can get a good feel for the area.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Welcome Fields of Green! like your name! im living in Fields of Snow, haha. anyway, where are you from/going??
Tambre, love your new status! perfect!!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Thank you tambre and stoymonkey for the kind welcome. What has been your buying/selling story?

I am now living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I'm only looking at regular sales because short sales take so long or never happen, so that is severely limiting my choices. I work from home and my kids are in college, so I'm fortunate in that I don't have to try to buy near a particular school, but I am limited to a particular couple of towns because I'm doing the rural loan.

I've just had the strangest experiences since I've been here of contacting an agent to basically say "Hi do you want to be my realtor? I'd like to ask a few questions of you(of their experience, their familiarity with the town, etc.)" and they say Sure, I'd love to answer your questions and then they never do. This happened three times. The current agent has at least gotten past that point, but I can tell he's not listening and he gives me a lot of blank smiles, "catch phrases" or BS answers. Maybe there's something in the water here. ;-) Or maybe its just me!

If you can tell me how to post a photo, I'll show you a photo of my darling "killer" standing post at her rat hole. :-)

Old 02-22-2010, 04:51 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
im not good at photos, but i use photobucket.com, upload there, then upload it here, or something like that. Haha, your realtor story sounds like Painter's realtors, guess they moved. Painter is one of the posters here.
After 4 yrs of planning and 1 1/2 years of selling, my DH and I finally moved to Colorado last month from Pa. (long story short, haha.)

Old 02-22-2010, 05:17 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Howdy!! Welcome to you, Field of Greens! FOG, I guess you got you a nickname from Tambre LOL

I 'll post ya a proper response/welcome later, just wanted you to know I saw you....

maybe I will make you a song or poem! haven't done that in a while glad you liked the Styx classic...I've been known to borrow catchy tunes wafting thru me head and redoing the lyrics. I'm weird. Hey Tambre I seem to remember you've written us some poetry too.....got any in ya??

must feed dogs...BBL

Last edited by crazyma; 02-22-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate