Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 08:33 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,045,264 times

Advertisements

One of my favorite soups is creamy potato soup with marjoram.Also very popular in my home is the potato, carrot,celery,onion,bay leaf,black pepper and curly parsley soup with a dollop of sour cream or thick yogurt served with a fresh baked crusty bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 08:45 AM

4,537 posts, read 3,755,944 times
I made creamy roasted red pepper soup yesterday, it turned out great.

The recipe is here, you just need to scroll through all the verbosity.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/...d-pepper-soup/

Old 11-04-2019, 09:13 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
One of my favorite soups is creamy potato soup with marjoram.Also very popular in my home is the potato, carrot,celery,onion,bay leaf,black pepper and curly parsley soup with a dollop of sour cream or thick yogurt served with a fresh baked crusty bread.
Giggle! I just put 10 jars of potatoe/onion/celery/carrot/zucchini soup with lots of majoram and hot peppers in the freezer.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Giggle! I just put 10 jars of potatoe/onion/celery/carrot/zucchini soup with lots of majoram and hot peppers in the freezer.
Could one of you please share the recipe?

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Could one of you please share the recipe?
For the creamy potato,carrot,celery,onion soup I usually make a big pot....

olive oil
2 pound carrots
1 large bunch of celery
10 large potatoes
3 Vidalia onions
thumb size of grated ginger
6 to 8 chopped garlic cloves
3 to 5 bay leaves
water to cover the vegetable
salt/black pepper
Maggie
green curly parsley
(any flavor of your choice will do)

Put olive oil in large pot,brown onions and add peeled and diced vegetable.Stir fry for a few moments,adding ginger and garlic.Next add sufficient water to cover vegetable.Cook til soft,strain vegetables or use blender and add back to liquid.If you like thinner soup add a bit more water. Flavor with salt,black pepper and curly parsley.I like to add a dollop of plain yogurt for garnish with a bit of parsley.Perfect to freeze!

* If you like your soup a bit spicy you can add green chilies,sometimes I do

Creamy potato soup......

olive oil
2 chopped onions
10 peeled and diced potatoes
salt/black pepper
marjoram or basil (any flavor of your liking)
either water,vegetable broth or beef broth
For garnish fine chopped chive,basil or sprinkle with marjoram and if you like some homemade croutons.

Follow same instructions as above!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Yes I froze this soup as well for lazy days.......

I never added zucchini,going to try it next time.Do you use only the green zucchini or the yellow one as well?

Old 11-04-2019, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the recipes!

Old 11-12-2019, 11:12 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Now that November has arrived, thought it was time to revive this thread. Wanted to make an addition to a recipe I posted here several years ago. The recipe proved to be very popular and folks made a lot of wonderful variations.

This one can be made in 20 minutes or less. It's delicious, as spicy as you want it to be and very pretty.

Pot Sticker Soup

32-44 oz chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp. chili oil or chile garlic paste to taste
1 package Trader Joe's or other brand
pork potstickers (aka gyoza)
(chicken, shrimp or vegetarian also OK)
2 cups or more to taste fresh baby spinach OR
1/4 to 1/2 pkg. thawed, drained and squeezed dry frozen spinach
1 cup shredded carrots (optional, but they look so pretty)

In medium saucepan simmer broth with minced garlic and chili oil/paste for
2-3 minutes. Add frozen pot stickers and simmer for 3 minutes or so. Add
spinach and carrots. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted but still bright green,
Serve hot, with extra chili oil for those who want it. DELICIOUS!

I just made it today with pot stickers NOT from Trader Joe's. They were Pagoda brand from another local supermarket.

Anyhoo, these pork pot stickers came with a dipping sauce of Ponzu Lime Sauce. Added it to the soup and LOVED the lime flavor. Amended the recipe in my archive to always add at least a generous squeeze or 6 of lime OR some Ponzu Lime sauce. A whole new delicious flavor that works perfectly with the soup.
Confirmed! This is DELICIOUS!!! Also low-cal. And super-easy*. And addicting. Sooooo good!

* I took a real shortcut here and bought grocery-store boxed Thai Tom Yum broth. It's not Tom Yum with coconut milk -- it's just the broth, which happens to have sriracha and lime in it already.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Thanks, Dawn! So glad you liked it!

Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Thanks, Dawn! So glad you liked it!
Thank YOU!!!

By the way and as discussed, I'm making a double-batch tonight AND will freeze one portion as a test to see if it's freezable. Stay tuned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes