Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM

255 posts, read 1,196,007 times

Advertisements

Love ice-cream pie - and trifle in a post a few ago. Great new ideas that I would never have thought of. I'm adding them to my list. This is getting long. But thanks a million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 08:03 PM

41 posts, read 128,339 times
Default Fast Dessert

Line large bowl with sliced Jelly Roll. Mix up Instant Vanilla Pudding and place in centre. Top with sliced fruit or drained can of mixed fruit. Dream Whip on top. Chill 2-4 hrs before serving.
You can also do first two steps. Chill 4 hrs. then remove from bowl so Jelly Roll is on outside and frost or drizzle with chocolate. Fruit can also be used to decorate.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM

41 posts, read 128,339 times
Mix up your fav chocolate cake mix. Place on a jelly roll pan to bake. Bake according to directions. When done remove from pan and place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with Keich (Sorry don't know how to spell it. - Liquior. Spread Whipped Cream on top and dot with cherries. Roll tightly, removing the waxed paper as you roll. Cover with a clean cloth and refridgerate overnight. Slice and serve.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Rosie50, Yum-O. (One of my daughter prefers I don't use that expression since it's a great favorite of a particular Food Network cook.) Anyway, your recipes are great, quick and cheap. I love them. And all the others you guys have sent my way. I am definitely going to turn this into a cookbook for the office. Way to go, fellow members. Or as some of my countrymen used to say "Good on ya mates". Keep them coming. We can all benefit from quick easy and cheap desserts.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:50 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Here is a different take on Rice Krispy treats:

Chocolate and Butterscotch Morsel Bars

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch morsels
(You can put more than 1 cup of each depending on how much you like)

Combine sugar and syrup in a 3 quart pan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring often, until mixture boils. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add the rice krispies until well blended. Press mixture into a greased 13x9 inch pan.

Melt the two cups of morsels together in a glass bowl in the microwave. Stir often. Spread evenly over the rice krispies mixture. Cool until firm. Cut into bars.

This pretzel dessert is so good and everyone will want the recipe!

Pretzel dessert

2 C crushed pretzels
3/4 C melted butter or margarine
3 T sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 C sugar
9 oz cool whip, thawed
6 oz strawberry jello
2 C water (boiling)
2 (10oz) pkgs frozen strawberries. (DO NOT THAW!!)

Preheat oven to 400. Mix pretzels, margarine and 3 T sugar together and spread into 9 x 13 glass cake pan. Bake at 400 for 8-10 mins and cool. Whip cheese until smooth. Add 1 C sugar and fold in Cool Whip. Pour and smooth on top of pretzel layer that has been cooled. Dissolve jello in 2 C boiling water. Stir in frozen strawberries until they separate. Pour over last layer and chill!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:51 PM

MooksterL1, Thanks so much for going to all the trouble of typing out these recipes for me. I appreciate it. They sound great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes