Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:14 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times

Advertisements

One of my all time favorites is triffle. Takes no time to assemble and looks and tastes wonderful. Just go to allrecipes.com and see the berry trifle or the English trifle ... Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
If the open house I went to served these, I might be tempted to buy! They are so simple to make, but they are impressive and exploding with flavors:

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/...hewbilees.html

Old 12-12-2007, 05:53 PM

255 posts, read 1,195,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo08 View Post
NO BAKE, 2 INDGREDIENTS, CROWDPLEASERS, 3 RECIPES!

1: Choc covered strawberries, 2 ingredients:

Dip strawberries in melted choc chips and put on wax paper on platter or cookie sheet, put in fridge til chocolate hardens.

2: Choc dipped butter cookies, 2 ingredients:

Dip 1/2 of the butter cookie in melted choc chips and place on wax paper on a plate and in the fridge til choc hardens, also you could sprinke them with confectionary sugar or x-mas sprinkles.

3: Cool whip dip, 2 ingredients:

Big tub of cool whip and add a nip of choc mint liquer( it comes in green color), mix gently, put in fancy bowl and stick those long skinny cookies into the cool whip dip, they look like the slender cigars, I forget the name of them, but they are in the cookie aisle. Everyone also likes these. Simple and easy. The cookes are tubular, some have choc filling, they are about 3 inches long. They are the shape of a large straw.

Good luck!
WOW!! More crowd pleasers. I am seriously going to use each and every one of your suggestions and the other posters' suggestions for my Open Houses and get their comments. I knew there were heaps of ideas out there that I could use and that would give me even greater cudos in the eyes of prospective Buyers. And I'll let you know which recipe from this forum sells the house.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 PM

429 posts, read 684,871 times
i always make chocolate or white bark pretzels.you can also dip mint oreos.those are really good .it doesnt take long to make and they are so pretty.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If the open house I went to served these, I might be tempted to buy! They are so simple to make, but they are impressive and exploding with flavors:

http://recipes.epicurean.com/recipe/...hewbilees.html
Fabulous! Thanks so much.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshfield mom View Post
i always make chocolate or white bark pretzels.you can also dip mint oreos.those are really good .it doesnt take long to make and they are so pretty.
I love those ideas. I think that I'm a pretty creative person in general but it seems that the simplest things are the fanciest! It's amazing. By the way, are you in WI? We used to shop in Marshfield because our town had no stores.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:45 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
Make Rachel Ray's 5 minute fudge recipe. I'm sure you can find it on her website.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,583 times
When you make the pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate, dip them in caramel first. My neighbor made some like this and they were awesome.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the last 2 posts. Great ideas. I didn't know there were so many out there. I admit I'm not much of a cook/baker. But I know I can handle these.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
I do ice cream pie.

Get a graham cracker pie crust, ice cream (any kind) and fudge or caramel sauce

Soften the ice cream just a bit so it is easy to spoon out.

Spoon some into pie crust, then ad some sauce, more ice cream then sauce.

Cover it..
Put back in freezer until ready to serve.

These are always a huge hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes