Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Thanks for the info.....It's interesting that we don't drink milk but love all kinds of dairy products. How about ice cream? I love ice cream....
Yeah, it's very interesting... I always find that milk has a smell that I just can't tolerate. But make cheese from it, I'm good. I even like yogurt. But milk? FEH!

And don't even get me started on ice cream. LOVE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Yeah, it's very interesting... I always find that milk has a smell that I just can't tolerate. But make cheese from it, I'm good. I even like yogurt. But milk? FEH!

And don't even get me started on ice cream. LOVE!
Thanks for "hanging-in' with me....I don't know anyone else who doesn't like milk...Well my oldest son didn't like milk either....but my younger son loves milk and drinks it everyday.....Today would have been my older son's birthday. He passed away 3 years ago when he was only 37.....Kind of a sad day here....Good to keep my mind occupied....I don't eat yogurt very often. Once in awhile I put yogurt and jelly on pancakes. Don't eat eggs......Guess it's time to get back to cream cheese.....Do you add cream cheese to sandwiches very often? Thanks....

Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks for "hanging-in' with me....I don't know anyone else who doesn't like milk...Well my oldest son didn't like milk either....but my younger son loves milk and drinks it everyday.....Today would have been my older son's birthday. He passed away 3 years ago when he was only 37.....Kind of a sad day here....Good to keep my mind occupied....I don't eat yogurt very often. Once in awhile I put yogurt and jelly on pancakes. Don't eat eggs......Guess it's time to get back to cream cheese.....Do you add cream cheese to sandwiches very often? Thanks....
I'm a purist -- I don't "add" cream cheese... I just use cream cheese. A toasted bagel slathered with cream cheese is my idea of happiness.

About your son, though... I'm so very sorry. I lost my mom when I was four years old (41 years ago next week). I know it's comparing apples to oranges -- nothing can compare to losing your child -- but I wanted you to know that I feel your pain, at least some of it.

Be kind to yourself today. Maybe a piece of cheesecake while you're walking down memory lane? However you pass the day, though, just be kind to yourself...

Last edited by DawnMTL; 05-18-2010 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I'm a purist -- I don't "add" cream cheese... I just use cream cheese. A toasted bagel slathered with cream cheese is my idea of happiness.

About your son, though... I'm so very sorry. I lost my mom when I was four years old (41 years ago next week). I know it's comparing apples to oranges -- nothing can compare to losing your child -- but I wanted you to know that I feel your pain, at least some of it.

Be kind to yourself today. Maybe a piece of cheesecake while you're walking down memory lane? However you pass the day, though, just be kind to yourself...
Thanks for writing and caring. I'm sorry that you lost your Mother when you were so young......You seem like such an "upbeat" person.....Thanks for all of your great posts. ....What is your favorite kind of cheesecake? Do you have a "Cheesecake Factory" restaurant in your area? We don't have any around here.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks for writing and caring. I'm sorry that you lost your Mother when you were so young......You seem like such an "upbeat" person.....Thanks for all of your great posts. ....What is your favorite kind of cheesecake? Do you have a "Cheesecake Factory" restaurant in your area? We don't have any around here.
No need to thank me... I'm glad to be able to lend an ear or a shoulder.

We do have a Cheesecake Factory nearby -- about 15 minutes away, actually -- but I've only been twice. Once for dinner (the lines were horrendous and I vowed to never, ever come back again for dinner) and once for an early lunch. I think it's over-rated so don't feel badly that you don't have one around.

My favorite kind of cheescake, huh? Well, I'm sticking to being a purist on this too... I don't like all sorts of flavorings because I want to be able to taste the cheese and its sourness. I'm happy with a couple of strawberries (ooooh, even better... FRESH RASPBERRIES!... although I don't think I've ever had that) on top, but not that goopy red syrup stuff that taints the cheesy goodness.

What's your favorite?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
So very sorry about your loss and know the pain never leaves but somewhat lessens. Today refelect on the positive times you have with your son.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
Have you ever had a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting? It is wonderful. The frosting is very simple, the cake would be the project.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
No need to thank me... I'm glad to be able to lend an ear or a shoulder.

We do have a Cheesecake Factory nearby -- about 15 minutes away, actually -- but I've only been twice. Once for dinner (the lines were horrendous and I vowed to never, ever come back again for dinner) and once for an early lunch. I think it's over-rated so don't feel badly that you don't have one around.

My favorite kind of cheescake, huh? Well, I'm sticking to being a purist on this too... I don't like all sorts of flavorings because I want to be able to taste the cheese and its sourness. I'm happy with a couple of strawberries (ooooh, even better... FRESH RASPBERRIES!... although I don't think I've ever had that) on top, but not that goopy red syrup stuff that taints the cheesy goodness.

What's your favorite?
Thanks for writing......I used to like rich and gooey cheesecakes when I was younger but my tastes have changed a lot through the years....I used to be a "condiment freak" too.....But these days I enjoy being able to taste food in a more natural state too....versus having to "mask" and "cover" everything up with layers of "something else."....It must be a sign that I am growing and able to face life a little better....What do you thinK? Have you always been a "purist?" ....I used to eat in "Cheesecake Factories" once in awhile when I lived in CA.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for writing......I used to like rich and gooey cheesecakes when I was younger but my tastes have changed a lot through the years....I used to be a "condiment freak" too.....But these days I enjoy being able to taste food in a more natural state too....versus having to "mask" and "cover" everything up with layers of "something else."....It must be a sign that I am growing and able to face life a little better....What do you thinK? Have you always been a "purist?" ....I used to eat in "Cheesecake Factories" once in awhile when I lived in CA.
I'm not sure if I've always been such a purist. Probably not because I used to only like BBQ potato chips, and now I prefer plain ones so that I can taste the potato. Funny how that happens to us, isn't it?

Well, I'm signing off for the evening. I'm going to take my dog for a walk and then see about what to make for dinner.

I hope that you have an easy evening, meaning that you don't have a heavy heart. I know, it's difficult. It's easy to dwell on the sadness. But think of the good memories with your son. Eat something delicious. Watch a good movie. Your son is watching over you -- he doesn't want you to forget him (gosh, no!) but he'd be happy to see you smile today.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
So very sorry about your loss and know the pain never leaves but somewhat lessens. Today refelect on the positive times you have with your son.
Thanks for writing and caring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes