Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 PM

437 posts, read 675,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
After being on so many stupid dates and meeting so many messed up women, I decided to go on a date with a woman a bit older, she is 43, 10 years older than me and I have to say, this was the best date I have had here so far.

WE had some mature conversations, there was no making out or sex on a first date, she told me exactly what she is looking for, I told her about my experiences and I felt like we were on the same page, she told that most women in their 30's still have illusions about meeting some "Prince Charming" who makes a lot of money, they are still very insecure, don't know who they are and still have these stupid, unrealistic ideas about what marriage is supposed to be like, she made me laugh when she said that because it is so true!

It is early to tell what is going to happen, but so far, it has been great! Anybody out there frustrated with younger women, I would say women between 40-45 is the way to go, even sexually, it is a different thing all together, from now on, I will target this age group
I hope it goes well for you. I wouldn't put much stock in her comments about 30 year old women- she's just talking down the competition. It's no different from 30 year old women saying that 20 year old women are immature.

Personally, I don't see maturity increasing with age when it comes to women and many of them still hold onto the Prince Charming fantasy (my mother certainly does) long after it's possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,685,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I TOLD you I meant no offense. I swear this is exactly what I am told...I have several black male friends and over half of them sing the same tune on this. I did think it was valid as to the situation I was relating. Please...my apologies if you took offense!!
You have "several" black friends... usual when people say several they mean about 5. So let's say you have 5 black male friends. Half of them -- 2.5 people - told you their impressions of dating black women, and you take this information from 2.5 people and decide that is representative of all black people everywhere. So you go around promoting it, because if you know two black people you know them all. Because all black people are the exact same. Hell yes I am offended by that - why wouldn't I be?

Old 07-24-2010, 06:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,685,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You know what? You are right. I should have worded that post differently. I know many black females (older though) that don't exhibit extreme "drama queen" behavior. Maybe it really is just a youth thing.
No need to apologize, your comment did exactly what comments like that always do. Brings on more racism. See, this guy says you are right about us "sisters."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
That lady the OP speaks of is right, some younger women do come with a lot of baggage and expect the guy to wine and dine them. Most women in their 40s do have a better grip on what they want in a relationship so they are less inclined for settling for less than what they're deserving of. Kudos to those kind. I don't find Ms. Chessie's comment offensive at all. From what she says, some black women or should I say "sisters" are genetically cursed to be drama queens, why you think so many black men go for other women of different races/ethnicities......

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,389,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
That lady the OP speaks of is right, some younger women do come with a lot of baggage and expect the guy to wine and dine them. Most women in their 40s do have a better grip on what they want in a relationship so they are less inclined for settling for less than what they're deserving of. Kudos to those kind. I don't find Ms. Chessie's comment offensive at all. From what she says, some black women or should I say "sisters" are genetically cursed to be drama queens, why you think so many black men go for other women of different races/ethnicities......
I don't think any race in the USA has the monopoly in interracial dating. What about the white guy/East Asian woman thing?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:52 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,389,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I just wish it was easier to meet women that age. As others have pointed on before in this forum, striking up a conversation with a 21-year old is easy. Beyond that it seems to get progressively harder.
How so? I find that people are people. The key in conversations is to find out what they like and value and focus on them.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:57 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You have "several" black friends... usual when people say several they mean about 5. So let's say you have 5 black male friends. Half of them -- 2.5 people - told you their impressions of dating black women, and you take this information from 2.5 people and decide that is representative of all black people everywhere. So you go around promoting it, because if you know two black people you know them all. Because all black people are the exact same. Hell yes I am offended by that - why wouldn't I be?
Oh for GOD'S sake. Don't put me in some numbers box, okay? Your assumptions are way off...but I don't really want to go there. If you want to, then you can go there all by yourself.

However, I'd love to see you get in a conversation with these fellas. I suspect I'd thoroughly enjoy it, and perhaps we all might learn something.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:23 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,256 times
This thread is about women in their 40's, someone hijacked my thread, how did we go from women in their 40's to black women and racism

Old 07-24-2010, 11:51 PM

820 posts, read 2,870,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This thread is about women in their 40's, someone hijacked my thread, how did we go from women in their 40's to black women and racism
Let me help ya out on the 40s thing. First, obviously we can't generalize.... BUT.... I am a woman in my late 40s. Being in my forties brought on a feeling of being more comfortable with my body than ever before (although technically it's not as thin, smooth, etc.), a knowledge of what I wanted in a man and the world, as well as a sex drive that was unmatched by my younger years. As far as being a woman..... the forties have been fabulous!!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:57 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,196,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Let me help ya out on the 40s thing. First, obviously we can't generalize.... BUT.... I am a woman in my late 40s. Being in my forties brought on a feeling of being more comfortable with my body than ever before (although technically it's not as thin, smooth, etc.), a knowledge of what I wanted in a man and the world, as well as a sex drive that was unmatched by my younger years. As far as being a woman..... the forties have been fabulous!!
That's what has happened for you. I still don't think it has anything to do with age. It's more of a maturation process.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:03 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Age magnifies who we are, mature stable women get better with age and crazy women become more so.

The recent thread about when women looking their best at 31. Wrong

Women are either at their worst or best from about 38 on. Nothing better than an attractive, fit, sexy women in her 40's, 50's and 60's. It all depends on where you're at as a man.

someone knows their adult psychology!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships