Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

No. The most mind blowing sex on a daily basis I had with a man in his 40's approaching 50
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I don't think men lose interest in women at 40 per se, I just think a lot of times a person, note I said person, cause this goes both ways, I think by the time you're 40 you've been hurt a few times and sometimes that hurt turn to bitterness and bitterness turns people ugly.

This causes people to recess.....

I also think sometimes the libido does slow down a bit, at least enough to not be lead around by your joint as much as when you were 25.....

Those combined things would probably "appear" to cause someone to lose interest in the opposite sex.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopressurepeer View Post
Ruth4Truth: <laughs>, This particular thread began with a question; "True or False: Lots of men in their 40's lose interest in women". While I can't verify what the percentages are, I can speak for myself, and have here. Several questions about what could cause this to happen have been posted as well. I found the thread through curiosity, since I was unaware until recently that what I had seen as simply a personal choice was apparently common enough to warrant multiple articles in major publications and even forum discussions. The last line of my previous post was not an attack, it was a genuine question. Apparently a lot of people find my choice to be a strange one, and I truly don't understand why. I must be missing something. There must be some reason I should feel differently. I just wish someone could tell me what that reason is.
The reason is that there are guys in their 40's and 50's out there who do meet and marry great women. They're not posting blogs about it though, they're too busy enjoying life and the *ahem* benefits of marriage or an LTR.

But if you've given up, then fine. Roll yourself up into an angry, bitter little ball. Good protection against further disappointment. And against future happiness.

Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:42 PM

18 posts, read 23,364 times
[quote=Ruth4Truth;32816364]

P.S. "Career women" have a way of turning into traditional stay-at-home moms, if that's what you're looking for (I guess I missed that in your posts.) I can relate about being work-oriented in some of those contexts, but the thing is, sometimes the unexpected can happen. /quote]

It isn't because they aren't already stay-at-home moms, it's because women who have spent years focusing on career tend to be agressive, combative, and not at all sweet or afectionate. Maybe it's because they have fought so hard to excel at their careers, or maybe they only chose the career route because of this. I'm not knocking them for it, but those are not attractive qualities to me personally.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
It isn't because they aren't already stay-at-home moms, it's because women who have spent years focusing on career tend to be agressive, combative, and not at all sweet or afectionate. Maybe it's because they have fought so hard to excel at their careers, or maybe they only chose the career route because of this. I'm not knocking them for it, but those are not attractive qualities to me personally.
It really depends on the career, and on the person and how she handles a high-pressure career, if that's what she has. I know career women who are far from combative and aggressive. That just sounds ridiculous, though there must be some women like that out there. But you can't write off a huge demographic like that as being of only one type. Reality doesn't work that way.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The reason is that there are guys in their 40's and 50's out there who do meet and marry great women. They're not posting blogs about it though, they're too busy enjoying life and the *ahem* benefits of marriage or an LTR.
There are obviously men at any age who meet people who are good matches for them; that has nothing to do with the odds of my finding someone who would be a good match for me. As for the "*ahem* benefits" you mention, that's very vague for one, and secondly what they consider a benefit might not seem as much of one for me, especially considering what men today are required to risk for it.

Your point about ruling out a demographic is valid; I admit that is a shortcoming of mine.

Last edited by Nopressurepeer; 12-31-2013 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: P.S.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
There are obviously men at any age who meet people who are good matches for them; that has nothing to do with the odds of my finding someone who would be a good match for me.
Well, you might improve your odds by examining why you've chosen a number of friends who ended up backstabbing you in the worst possible way. Not to mention choosing a spouse who did the same. And a lot of airheaded dates.

I don't know how long ago your divorce was, but maybe you just need time to get over it all. Divorce, and being backstabbed by multiple friends, can be traumatic. It can take years to recover from that. Give yourself time, if you haven't already. There are psychologists who specialize in trauma, btw, and who help people move their anger, grief, whatever it is they're stuck in. Just saying.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:

But if you've given up, then fine. Roll yourself up into an angry, bitter little ball. Good protection against further disappointment. And against future happiness.
Why do you assume I'm bitter? Because I dare use my mind and experience to decide the direction of my life rather than relying solely on random emotional moments or the expectations of society? I have long since forgiven my first wife, and we get along well now. We will obviously never date again, but that doesn't mean I hate her. I simply see her now as "my son's mom". I'm not really "angry" either. A bit disappointed, definately disillusioned, but things are what they are and that's all there is to it. That divorce was 13 - 1/2 years ago.

Last edited by Nopressurepeer; 12-31-2013 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: added

Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Why do you assume I'm bitter? Because I dare use my mind and experience to decide the direction of my life rather than relying solely on random emotional moments or the expectations of society? I have long since forgiven my first wife, and we get along well now. We will obviously never date again, but that doesn't mean I hate her. I simply see her now as "my son's mom". I'm not really "angry" either. A bit disappointed, definately disillusioned, but things are what they are and that's all there is to it. That divorce was 13 - 1/2 years ago.
hmm, well, OK. Your posts sound angry and bitter, but maybe that's partly due to the thread topic, and partly due to the difference between the written word and the spoken word. idk. Whatever works for you. If you want to throw in the towel, so be it. I can see why you would.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
hmm, well, OK. Your posts sound angry and bitter, but maybe that's partly due to the thread topic, and partly due to the difference between the written word and the spoken word. idk. Whatever works for you. If you want to throw in the towel, so be it. I can see why you would.

Apologies if my posts sounded that way. I really am bad at conveying my emotional state in print. (except when I expressed frustration about being judged as "damaged" somehow because of my choices, the rest was meant to be purely a rational discussion).

Last edited by Nopressurepeer; 12-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: added quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships