Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 PM

308 posts, read 398,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
but would you rather die earlier, or live longer being miserable?
Proverbs 21:9?

In any case, it doesn't have to be one or the other (or so we rather desperately hope). There are (somewhat) normal, (mostly) faithful, and (reasonably) attractive people out there, because otherwise there'd be no stories in the local paper about those diamond wedding anniversaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Man, high BP in your 40s! Take care of yourself, man. Hit that gym and get in shape!
Some of us just have high BP for no reason. I'm low in weight, work out, eat super healthy, rarely drink and don't smoke. Without meds mine rockets up 200/113.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post

In any case, it doesn't have to be one or the other (or so we rather desperately hope). There are (somewhat) normal, (mostly) faithful, and (reasonably) attractive people out there, because otherwise there'd be no stories in the local paper about those diamond wedding anniversaries.
BEST POST addressing the general topic of: if (approx.) 50% of marriages end in divorce, why marry?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM

18 posts, read 23,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sounds like you just need to lighten up, relax, insert some mirth in your life and not be so rigid. Nothing turns either men or women off like an instantly serious date. Early on people want fun shared experiences and laughter. My date Friday went 2 hrs and it felt like 8, there was no flow; she was so serious, it was like an interview. Saturday, the date went 4 hrs but we thought it was more like two. We only had a couple of beers each because we were just talking and laughing at each other's stories all night. That was fun. Not coincidentally, I'm seeing date #2 again Friday.
Being able to have "fun" with someone (for me) requires one of 2 situations:

1. We are among common friends and have not considered dating, or
2. We are alone on a date, but have already gotten to know each other.

I am not an extrovert by nature, so I don't really "loosen up" around complete strangers. I suppose that's another reason dating just isn't for me.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:08 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Just another misogynist rant from some dude who actually believes (whether he knows it or not) that superman is a she, robbing men of their vitality and virility with their snarky ways and that men retire from the battlefield voluntarily Ă­n protest (when, in fact, they have been beaten). Both messages come through in the same sad tone.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM

308 posts, read 398,384 times
Superman's a she? What?

Quote:
men retire from the battlefield voluntarily Ă­n protest (when, in fact, they have been beaten).
I wasn't beaten, it was a forced and costly, but eventually victorious, retreat to a more favourable position

Old 12-31-2013, 03:17 PM

18 posts, read 23,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norgy View Post

Nice Bible reference; yes that's it exactly. Also Proverbs 12:4. As for the people you mention, "(somewhat) normal" is fine, never bought in to society's definition of normal. "(reasonably) attractive"; I assume you are referring to physical features, which really don't matter to me. "(mostly) faithful"; That one is the dealbreaker for me. One is either faithful, or unfaithful. I have always been 100% faithful, and I cannot bear a partner who isn't. (see my earlier posts in this thread). Trying to find that in this world is like looking for a piece of straw in a needlestack: every failure is painful, and success is near impossible.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
I never lost interest in women. I am married but if I was single I would simply be a lot more choosy in who I date and what I am willing to put up with, or what I expect from her.
A lot if it would have to do with her attitude and outlook in life

Old 12-31-2013, 04:20 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I never lost interest in women. I am married but if I was single I would simply be a lot more choosy in who I date and what I am willing to put up with, or what I expect from her.
A lot if it would have to do with her attitude and outlook in life
That's what I was thinking too.... in your 20's a I think a dude sometimes gets a little desperate for a lack on another way of putting it.

I'm in my 40's and now, if I were out there, I'd be much more driving the ship, so to speak, I haven't got time for drama and don't want any period.

Think Don Draper........

Old 12-31-2013, 04:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
This thread is depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships