Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Just because you've had the itch doesn't mean you have to scratch it!
Well said...if everyone thought that way I am sure there would be less divorce...maybe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM

3 posts, read 4,179 times
I'm at the 7 month itch! I have been married for 7 months now and I'm strating to question if it is right, if he is the right person. We have been together for 2 years and I know I love him but I am starting to question if I want him to be the father of my children and my husband for the rest of my life. What do I do? Is this just a phase? He is a wonderful man and I am so lucky to be with him. I just feel like something is missing.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Seven months?? What's making you feel this way?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:38 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Does it exist? And if so, why? I am curious to know what you think!
I don't know about the seven year itch, but I did have the itch a few months ago. I have no idea what started it. I just kept scratching and scratching. Nothing would work. Not even Benadryl. The tops of my feet became raw. It was agonizing. Finally it went away. Not sure what that was all about.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 AM

897 posts, read 1,592,880 times
I saw a show on the Discovery channel a couple of years back and it talked about how prehistoric women would stay with a mate until their offspring was old enough to fend for themselves. Guess how long it was. Yup, seven years.

They speculated that a woman would stay with a man, be commited to him for seven years and then move on to another man to start the same pattern again. This way, the propogation of the species and genetic variance was guaranteed.

I found it interesting that it was the woman and not the man who left and this thread reminded me of that. Too bad I couldn't find any reference online to post a link to.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 4,179 times
I'm not sure why... But I have been comparing him to my exboyfriend (from 4 years ago). My husband is a much better person than my ex but my ex was more helpful, showed he cared and was always there for me and for some reason I don't have that with my husband. I just feel like I need more. I have tried in a nice way to tell him I need more help around the house and that I need to know I can rely on him but he just gets upset when I talk to him about this stuff.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Does it exist? And if so, why? I am curious to know what you think!
Yes, it exists. Before my divorce, I went through 2 full sets, PLUS 1 extra year - that one kind of kills the theory, I suppose...

WHY does it exist? Perhaps if you subscribe to the idea that humans are basically polygamous, it might explain why...

Old 03-26-2010, 10:01 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I think it's real!

At 7 years you know what you've got. The big discovery is over. You most likely have children and adult activities have gone by the wayside. If you both work full time and take care of the kids, you don't have much leftover energy to nurture your own relationship. You've been together long enough to take each other for granted. You are probably still young enough to have some single friends and it looks like they have a lot more fun than you do!

Hi yellowsnow,

That is why I did not do that. Perhaps its also why we are still happily married after 6 years with 2 kids. Stupid Americans....

Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 AM

956 posts, read 1,768,199 times
. I have tried in a nice way to tell him I need more help around the house and that I need to know I can rely on him but he just gets upset when I talk to him about this stuff.[/quote]

Ah, the typical traditional (not all men are like that, obviously) mothers and fathers not teaching their sons to do some housework situation.Selfish and arrogant, etc. Causes tons of problems esp when the kids come along and the priority is sometimes with the latter.The house doesn't clean itself.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 AM

956 posts, read 1,768,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi yellowsnow,

That is why I did not do that. Perhaps its also why we are still happily married after 6 years with 2 kids. Stupid Americans....
I don't think it's an American problem per se. to your wife, you are a lucky man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships