Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:10 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
My husband and I don't have the same features but people still say we look alike. That's because we are both slim, both have black hair, olive complexion, brown eyes, petite...

Old 08-05-2010, 01:33 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Interesting posts. I saw a documentary once that showed a study where people tend to be more attracted to the opposite sex when there are some similar (and maybe very slight) resemblences to each other. After I watched it, I started looking at couples who have been together and sure enough, if you look, you will see that often two mates do have some very slight similarities in the looks department, maybe the shape of their nose, mouth, eyes, one of the above or all ... but true.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,151 times
My GF looks a lot like a younger version of my mother. A lot of people told me. Sounds kinda yucky, but they are nothing alike in term of personality.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:45 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Someone told me and my husband a couple years ago that we look like brother and sister. We were both grossed out.

We have the same hair and eye color, but I don't think much else is the same..our nose are completely different, etc.

My brother and I, even though we have different dads, have similar noses and hands and feet..I think those genetic similarities say a lot more than eye and hair color. Tons of people have that in common. *shrug*

I might be scared if he didn't know both of his parents, though! : /

Anyone remember that House episode where there was that interracial couple that were so in love and they thought thier parents didn't want them to be together because they were racist? Yeah, they were half brother and sister. The worst part was one of them was like "you know, whatever. that doesn't change how i feel." and the other was like "um, well... it does to me..." So sad. And gross.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
My man and I could pass for brother and sister that's how much we resemble each other. I've often seen other couples as well who greatly resemble each other. There was a study done also that said people genuinely are attracted to people who look like them because that person is more likely to share their personality and traits.
Hell No!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:55 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
My husband and I look NOTHING alike. He's tall, with dark hair & eyes an a Mediterranean complexion. I'm a petite auburnish brunette with gray eyes and a fair complexion.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
No one has ever thought we were related.

He has an all american type look (like matt damon, people always say he looks like him).

I have dark eyes, dark hair,bigger teeth(but many its just a girl thing as I notice guys teeth seem smaller),pale skin (w/out freckles like he has), small frame (he has larger frame).He also is on the taller side and I am just average. (POO)

Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Interesting posts. I saw a documentary once that showed a study where people tend to be more attracted to the opposite sex when there are some similar (and maybe very slight) resemblences to each other. After I watched it, I started looking at couples who have been together and sure enough, if you look, you will see that often two mates do have some very slight similarities in the looks department, maybe the shape of their nose, mouth, eyes, one of the above or all ... but true.
Yep the same thing I noticed. My man and I have the same shape nose, mouth/lips, eyes, and bone structure.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships