Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,962,141 times

Advertisements

See...yeah I guess I should have explained it better.

Look, it's not like we're constantly fighting over this....it's just something that's always in the back of my head and it bothers me.

We get along very well and I'm constantly making her laugh (she says I'm the funniest person she's ever met) but this is just one thing that ALWAYS bothers me!

I always tell her that if I was doing something that bothered her as much as this bothers me that I would IMMEDIATELY stop doing it and she should show me the same respect.

Last night we spoke on the phone and all I could hear was her texting my friend....again! I eventually just said "I didn't call you to hear you text someone else, goodnight" and hung up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
Meaning, she has something going on with your friend, or if she doesn't, that is her goal. That would be the only possible reason why she would call and text him and then tell you about it. Exceptions:

* She and your friend are planning a surprise birthday party for you.
* She and your friend are brother and sister.
* You have a rare disease, and she and your friend are organizing a fundraising benefit for you.

Otherwise, no. It's not appropriate, and it is what it is.
Come to think of it in high school, I had a similar situation.

My best friend started dating a gal we were all friends with(we were all in JROTC) and even after my friend took the relationship further with her, me and the girl still continued as usual chatting or perhaps even more. It was all innocent but it looked to everyone like either I was trying to snatch her away or her get it on with me. And I think he started to think the same and while nothing was said, I sensed it was probably why our relationship faded after high school. And other people were whispering as well.

It didn't help in the previous year a gal he had expressed interest in, ran into my arms, making it look like I had snatched her away. What he didn't know was she was always interested in me, never him, but still it didn't look good.

So I think it is just best not to be in a lot of conversation with your partners best friend. Doesn't look good, innocent or not.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:05 AM

^^You see...that is what I'm afraid might happen.

I always tell her that even if you guys aren't doing anything it just "looks" bad. Thing is is that for some reason she just does not understand where I'm coming from.

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
See...yeah I guess I should have explained it better.

Look, it's not like we're constantly fighting over this....it's just something that's always in the back of my head and it bothers me.

We get along very well and I'm constantly making her laugh (she says I'm the funniest person she's ever met) but this is just one thing that ALWAYS bothers me!

I always tell her that if I was doing something that bothered her as much as this bothers me that I would IMMEDIATELY stop doing it and she should show me the same respect.

Last night we spoke on the phone and all I could hear was her texting my friend....again! I eventually just said "I didn't call you to hear you text someone else, goodnight" and hung up.
Well that is not healthy either. You should not control someone like that. When you meet someone just enjoy them for who they are. There are things about them you may not be wild about. This flirty type of personality does not mesh with yours. Move on.

Also it can be chemically impossible for teens to feel empathy. Your brains are not wired for that yet. You are still under construction and focused on self preservation. You may be more mature than her because you think about how your actions are going to affect someone. She on the other hand....

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:

You are still young and stupid and recognize that. You are like everyone else at that age, you simply believe what people tell you. Don't worry I did the same naive thing at 17.

When you are in the real world you will have to learn that you have to go beyond what people tell you and look at their actions. Actions speak in a volume louder than words. When you are in relationships with people always look at their actions.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You are still young and stupid and recognize that. You are like everyone else at that age, you simply believe what people tell you. Don't worry I did the same naive thing at 17.

When you are in the real world you will have to learn that you have to go beyond what people tell you and look at their actions. Actions speak in a volume louder than words. When you are in relationships with people always look at their actions.
Yep. People are never what they seem.

And she is probably running away from you because she is a more free person and you seem very controlling. Its not mature to lash out over something when its only been a couple months. Just ditch the b already. She's not your natural style dude!

Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
In your very first sentence you stated "I trust her with all my heart". You are not being truthful, you don't trust her. If you did you wouldn't be upset, you wouldn't have jealous feelings. From what you have said about her, I don't think she merits anyone's trust. She obviously doesn't care about your hurt feelings, or maybe what you have said made her more determined to become more involved with your friend. This is a strange situation, most friends wouldn't get involved with their friend's girlfriend. What is the rest of the story?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Look....I am not trying to control her or anything. It just seems odd that she likes to talk to him so much it just seems really odd to me! But I will admit that I am only 17 and by no means an "expert" on relationships I am only an amateur...it just seems very weird to me. I never try to make a big deal out of it but it's just always in the back of my head. She does the same to me she's always really suspicious of me whenever I go to work she thinks I'm flirting with other girls

Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Well it was kind of a joke....I gave it to her messing around because she gave me her friend's number too....but I never talk to her friend at all.

It's not that I don't trust her I just think it's really weird that she talks to him so often...and she just can't see why I think it would be weird!! It really dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure out why I would think it's weird!

I just want her to understand.
Its easy to figure out . They have * chemistry *. They enjoy texting and talking. She gets a kick out of it..

DUMP !

Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Look....I am not trying to control her or anything. It just seems odd that she likes to talk to him so much it just seems really odd to me! But I will admit that I am only 17 and by no means an "expert" on relationships I am only an amateur...it just seems very weird to me. I never try to make a big deal out of it but it's just always in the back of my head. She does the same to me she's always really suspicious of me whenever I go to work she thinks I'm flirting with other girls
Cause she made herself paranoid with all the side crap she does.. It is not weird. Its what little * do. Just because you want her does not make her an angel. You are trying to tell her what to do and then treating her like crap (hanging up on her) when she does not do it. Thats manipulation to get your way. What part of "not your style" don't you get? There are other types of girls out there. I personally HATE people that act like this who have to attention ***** to everyone. Its freaking annoying. Guys do it too. Now you can pick the smart way or the hard way to figure out this is not want you want. Do you want to make a logical choice or feel an emotional one?

Plus she is going to ruin your attitude for future girls. You will always have that seed of doubt planted in your head forever by her. Don't wait till she sluts around and embarrasses you further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships