Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:07 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
All ladies that say it would not bother them are full of s.h.it.The guy might be able to date a crack ho with that car and not much else.A man with sability aka 'money' is what women want.They dont want to be seen in a trashcan with wheels, good god
Hey, if, as the OP stated, he is perfect in every way but. . . yes I would do it. If he was missing several of the qualities I'm looking for and driving that car? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 04:17 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired-of-mn View Post
All ladies that say it would not bother them are full of s.h.it.The guy might be able to date a crack ho with that car and not much else.A man with sability aka 'money' is what women want.They dont want to be seen in a trashcan with wheels, good god
Seems like you may be just another material person.
Quality of character and feelings dont count. Only the bank account matters.
I wish you well and hope you someday find out what is really important in life.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
As long as it has an 8-track tape deck with all the Moody Blues tapes so I can listen to all of them again. I dated a guy I didn't even like when I was 16 just so I could hear all his Moody Blues tapes. Shallow yes? But hey, I'd do it all again.
Moody Blues would definitely be worth using some guy just for his car & music.

But doing it in the back seat of an 82 Chevette to Ozzy Osborne would be something to tell the grandkids about.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,815 times
About a year ago I met a really great guy in my office building & I thought everything about him was as good as it gets.

Then I saw him pull into our office parking lot in his old red hoopty....

I immediately knew that he was somebody that I wanted to get to know more! I love a man that's confident enough to drive a hoopty & doesn't need a nice car to define who he is. Turns out he's still in law school & doesn't want to get riddled with debt over a superficial upgrade. As long as your car can still get us from A to B I do not care what it looks like.

I had a 1988 Volvo that I drove for years & years while I had a great income & people would rag on me about it. I would just smile & say "I know this car is going to take me where I need to go". I didn't mean from A to B necessarily. I meant that while my friends spent their extra income on car payments & higher insurance I was traveling the world, saving for a house that I was able to buy at age 22 & saving for my Land Rover that is PAID FOR.

So when I see a hoopty & a hot man, I'll take him over the corvette guy any day of the week.

Courtney

Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
About a year ago I met a really great guy in my office building & I thought everything about him was as good as it gets.

Then I saw him pull into our office parking lot in his old red hoopty....

I immediately knew that he was somebody that I wanted to get to know more! I love a man that's confident enough to drive a hoopty & doesn't need a nice car to define who he is. Turns out he's still in law school & doesn't want to get riddled with debt over a superficial upgrade. As long as your car can still get us from A to B I do not care what it looks like.

I had a 1988 Volvo that I drove for years & years while I had a great income & people would rag on me about it. I would just smile & say "I know this car is going to take me where I need to go". I didn't mean from A to B necessarily. I meant that while my friends spent their extra income on car payments & higher insurance I was traveling the world, saving for a house that I was able to buy at age 22 & saving for my Land Rover that is PAID FOR.

So when I see a hoopty & a hot man, I'll take him over the corvette guy any day of the week.

Courtney

Your my kind of woman, darlin'.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 AM

174 posts, read 326,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
He came to pick you up in this on your first date.

Would you still date him?

Happy Friday.
Ron

Click on Image below........

We all know it sounds shallow to say "dump him" for his car. It either reflects his economic status, taste in cars, or a funny quirckyness. I think if you really like him, get to know him first. It really says more about who you are than him.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 AM

751 posts, read 1,674,186 times
Who cares.I don't judge someone by the car he drives or what they have.If he's a good man and good to me.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:51 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Ahhhh...the memories. I used to drive a yellow Chevette when I was in high school. Do you know how much I could get away with on the highway with that car today. Go ahead....I dare you to crash into me while talking on your cell phone....go ahead!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:35 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post

You're not kidding--I and my family were able to travel around the world for 11 months on money that we saved from not making a car payment. I don't mind driving an embarrassing car if it means I can travel more. I've been to many other places as well and have never made a car payment.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Who cares.I don't judge someone by the car he drives or what they have.If he's a good man and good to me.
My aunt had this theory that how a guy treats his car is how he'll treat his wife. If he has to keep getting the newest and latest car, he'll want the same in a woman - the newest and latest. If he maintains and takes care of his car, he'll do likewise with his wife. But if he abuses his car and figures he can just replace it easily with a better one, he'll have that same attitude toward women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships