Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times

Advertisements

I get the idea that women generally like big, bad pick up trucks, would you date a guy who drives a Mud Digger?, let say a bad ass Silverado 1500 sitting on 44 inch mud tires?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,671 times
No, if he comes to pick me up in a vehicle I have to bring a ladder to get into, the date is probably doomed.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:50 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
No, I wouldn't. Those trucks are toys for little boys.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Hey Ron, if your car has a licorice dispenser like Garth's car from Wayne's World, call me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I get the idea that women generally like big, bad pick up trucks, would you date a guy who drives a Mud Digger?, let say a bad ass Silverado 1500 sitting on 44 inch mud tires?
No. Guys with those trucks are typically rude, aggressive drivers. I imagine dating them would be no different.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hey, don't laugh that car took me and my friends to many football games, dances, etc.

I don't have it today but I am a fan of older cars. I don't like the cars of today which are mostly plastic. I still drive my 1999 Nissan Maxima and I love that car!! I'm holding out for as long as I can.

Your lucky she was a chevette & not a pinto.

hahahaha

Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,114,585 times
Quote:
No way. Your idea is wrong. We don't like arrogant show-offs. Bravado and braggadocio are for boys. I like men. We like guys who think about our comfort.

I am unimpressed by wealth or toys. I want to be impressed by your concern for me and the amount of time you will give to me. If your "ride" has been modified, then I know you spend too much time and energy on your toy. I understand about hobbies: I have some myself; but they do not take up all my time, energy, and resources ($$) as a toy car.

To the OP's question: If the car runs and is clean, doesn't sound like it has rusted out glasspaks (Do they still make those?), doesn't leave a cloud of blue smoke, and has working heat/air/wipers, then it's a fine means of transportation. A car is a vehicle and has a purpose: to get me from point A to point B safely. Although I might refuse to ride in a pinto.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Some women don't even care if you don't have a car. Some.

Some women make owning a car a requirement though.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,392 times
Quote:
This is a myth perpetuated only by the guys that drive those trucks. I see one of those and think how ridiculous it looks, and know that ride sucks comfortwise. Same as those stupid looking lowered trucks that scrape everytime you go in a driveway or over a speed bump. They are sooo uncomfortable and completely useless in normal driving circumstances. What a waste. The only ones you are impressing are other adolescent males with those type of vehicles.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:34 PM

311 posts, read 694,224 times
No Robhu I am not materialistic.I want to live a simlpe stress free lifestlye when it comes to work and money.The problem is most women expect you to have level of material wealth that is too much to maintain(see last 3 years).A couple really dose not need a ton of money to live.But since we waste sooo much money in this country people want a mate who can double as an ATM.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM

64 posts, read 114,284 times
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
He came to pick you up in this on your first date.

Would you still date him?

Happy Friday.
Ron

Click on Image below........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships