Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 PM

106 posts, read 382,038 times

Advertisements

Who cares? Get a life and stop posting lame stuff in the parenting form...your taking up space with all of the rants and questions you ask..I'm not trying to be mean, well I am, but your questions just get really old. Don't take it personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Another Txt Queen thread , hahaha.......

Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
16? He doesn't need to be dating anyway. If it happens it happens, but it will end in drama anyway so what's the big deal? He will have a gf when he and the girl are ready. You can't force these things.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
16? He doesn't need to be dating anyway. If it happens it happens, but it will end in drama anyway so what's the big deal? He will have a gf when he and the girl are ready. You can't force these things.
Kids start dating at 14 these days , theres nothing wrong with it....

Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Kids start dating at 14 these days , theres nothing wrong with it....
There is something hugely wrong with it in the eyes of myself, my husband, and many people.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:58 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
There is something hugely wrong with it in the eyes of myself, my husband, and many people.
It starts becoming "wrong" when it starts becoming less innocent. That's when the problems start!

Old 09-06-2010, 04:04 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
It starts becoming "wrong" when it starts becoming less innocent. That's when the problems start!
Eh, to starts becoming less innocent pretty much from the start. People who have read my posts know that my husband and I are very conservative in regards to most things despite our young ages (24 and 28). His is probably mainly due to his upbringing, and I'm just weird I guess. Haha. 14 and 16 are too young in our book.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 AM

txtqueen,

It sounds like your brother needs a huge boost in self-confidence! Start small with giving him compliments, be his sounding board! Also, a talk with the guidance counselor at school may help him out also...by suggesting that he get involved in a club or sport he likes to boost his self-esteem and become more confident in himself.

He's 16, and dating in HS is just a warm up for dating post- HS life (in the "real" world). No need for him to stress out and get all depressed over it! Believe me, I used to think that my high school relationships were very, very important back then also! Now, I look back on the memories and get a huge laugh out of them. He just needs to come into his own skin; you can't expect others to love you if you don't love yourself! It will take time and he will find a girl that suits him best!

It also doesn't help that Mom's gone crazy and has been acting irrational about the situation. Mom needs to accept the fact that he's almost 17 and is going to be dating girls, either with or without Mom's knowledge. There seems to be a lack of trust and understanding going on in the home from what you have described. Hostility in a household is NOT healthy in any way. I recommend family counseling.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 AM

Majority of teens start having sex at 15 , as long as they use protection & stay within there age circle theres nothing wrong with that. The pressure High School is immense , its either you have sex or your basically islanded.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Eh, to starts becoming less innocent pretty much from the start. People who have read my posts know that my husband and I are very conservative in regards to most things despite our young ages (24 and 28). His is probably mainly due to his upbringing, and I'm just weird I guess. Haha. 14 and 16 are too young in our book.
I can see where you're coming from, although I started dating in high school when I was 14. Not saying that it was the best move...I could have been more well-adjusted in relationships if I had just waited on dating. Ah, well, all you can do is learn from your past mistakes, lol!

Plus, the idea of children and teens getting into the less innocent stuff at a younger age is very worry-some. I have two older nieces that are young teenagers...and I would be VERY upset if they got mixed up in all that crap. The other two nieces are 10 and 3. The 10 yo is only interested in High School Musical and fleeting 5 min crushes at this point...I'm not to worried right now. Maybe in a couple of years I will be.

I noticed that I have been a little more conservative in thought with anything pertaining to my nieces as both they and I have gotten older. You and your husband aren't the only ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships