Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, I prefer to ignore that, too.
It's just plain good marketing!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neemy14 View Post
it's just plain good marketing!
lol

Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 PM

367 posts, read 1,074,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The proof for us astrologers is in the years we have studied it. Nevertheless, if Skeptico chooses not to read the words of people who have proved its acurracy, who am I to try to get him to accept it? We simply do not care if he believes or not, we are mostly interested in practicing it ourselves and keeping the skeptics from spreading falsehoods.
OK, you are contradicting yourself. Now you all of a sudden claim there are proofs out there, or do I misunderstand you? Earlier you said it couldn't be proved. How about a source for these proofs you now claim exist? And Skeptico has tried to find proof of accuracy but none of the available "proofs" have been able to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

Quote:
If it makes any skeptics feel better, astrologers are not trying to stop skeptics from doing anything. If your desire is to seek and investigate, that is welcome.
It does make me feel better . It just baffles me that people belive in it when it can easily be dismissed by a few logical statements and questions.

Quote:
The question Skeptico posed. The proof.
What I meant was, with the advances in culture, communication, resources, science and technology, why can't we at this day and age re-discover the foundation of the "truths" in these manuscripts? Why can't we discover the proof? Because it doesn't exist.

What about a concrete example; this is my horoscope as per astro.com:

Quote:
Valid during many months: Starting off with a very vague statement - many months. ??? During this period you will try to achieve something of significance in your work or career.
Well that's generic enough and would probably fit 80% of the population. You will not find it sufficient to continue as you have, and your ambition will become more powerful than usual. Doesn't fit me or my situation at all. This can be either good or bad in the long run, depending upon how you go about getting ahead. On the positive side, this influence helps you overcome your previous limitations, which were caused largely by fear and lack of confidence. Now you feel capable of greater achievements and willing to work for them. This influence usually creates great optimism and self-confidence, but you must be careful that it does not become overconfidence.
Your life will not take care of itself if you neglect the important details of daily existence. Do not let your seemingly more important present concerns cause you to neglect these other aspects of your life. Right now, daily existence details is really all I am working on.

But this influence can also signify an inflated ego, a state of mind in which you attribute to yourself powers and talents far beyond your actual abilities. In rare and extreme cases, a person may think of himself as godlike. But for most people this is expressed simply as overestimation of one's talents. Be careful not to take on more than you can handle. There is so much positive energy in this influence that it would be unfortunate to waste it with pride, foolish arrogance and overestimation of your capabilities.

You want to be important now, and it is quite possible to attain that goal, but only if you know yourself adequately. Dare to do more than you have ever done before, but balance your daring with reason and care. Lol - not true at all, I have never and will never care about being "important".
Basically a bunch of coulds, cans and ifs. I love the "it could be good or bad"... ha ha, even you dedicated astrologers have to admit that statements like that really isn't telling me anything at all. No substance, and when it isn't generic enough to be true for all of the general population, it's actually mostly incorrect. Now please tell me, why is this?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblanc77 View Post
Do you believe in what "the zodiac signs" say about you, your personality, sexual characteristics, ??? How close are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
A good astrology chart can be helpful and offer far more details. That said, we always have free will and make our own choice in like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
For that, check the person's Venus and Mars signs, for a rough idea of what you may be in for.
I think it's harmless fun and good entertainment when mixed with martinis and good friends. There's nothing like pulling up someone's chart and everyone saying, "Yeah, that's YOU, you DAWG!" or "Oh, gawd, yes, that's you. Uptight curmudgeon."

Tij, my Venus is in Libra and Mars is in Virgo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean I'm an uptight hootchie? See attached chart.
Attached Thumbnails
Astrology, Personality and Sex-natalchart.gif  

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Avienne
sometimes he pops by and posts, but I'd leave him a message.

I can tell you a little, with Venus in Libra esthetics attract you and you possess superior taste. Your guy is most likely very good looking. The Virgo in Mars is about the details so you may be very particular ( I like that better than uptight). You're practical and talk everything thru with your SO, communication is very important to you.

Last edited by virgode; 09-20-2010 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-20-2010, 12:42 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
The Taurus & Gemini stuff is almost always true about me, it's almost scary.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:05 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy14 View Post
Hmmm... chatterbox, blender-dismantler, and not for the faint of heart. Yup, guess that sums me up!

I left the bad stuff out.
Now I know why I like you! I'm a Gemini too. And, what bad stuff?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Avienne
sometimes he pops by and posts, but I'd leave him a message.

I can tell you a little, with Venus in Libra esthetics attract you and you possess superior taste. Your guy is most likely very good looking. The Virgo in Mars is about the details so you may be very particular ( I like that better than uptight). You're practical and talk everything thru with your SO, communication is very important to you.

Well, dang, Virgode, you hit the nail on the head! I will admit, if I have a weakness, it's for a handsome face. My ex-husband was a looker, too. College sweetheart was a male model. Not all of my boyfriends were head-turners, but some of my close friends used to kid me: "Geez, do you FIND these guys? Do you grow them somewhere?" The flipside of that is that in my 20s (the days of yore), I had to learn to look a little deeper and find the ones with substance. I also had to learn to not grade on a looks curve: If a guy was a good-looking jerk, he was still a jerk and had to go.

And yes, my SO and I talk. If something comes up, we hash it out. Fortunately, not much comes up because I try to pick my battles. He knows that if something bothers me enough to bring it up, it really bothers me. I can't stand it when people make mountains out of molehills and I absolutely abhor drama. Libra harmony, much?

Uh, but I usually bring stuff up on the phone because, you know, can't be mad at those baby blues.

I Googled "Venus in Libra" and landed on [URL="http://www.sexualastrology.com/marsvirgovenuslibra.html"]this summary[/URL], which cracked me up at the end because I'm a 7 on a good day:

With Mars in Virgo your energy is refined and discriminating. In everything you seek to do there is an exacting standard you must attain, always, in order for your drive to be fulfilled. In matters of sex and love you can be quite a productive romantic partner - both in and out of the bedroom! Mars in Virgo is the essence of serving energy so pleasing your lover and satisfying every sexual need is a turn on for you. You see sex in a healthy, necessary way to release energy tension and even though you are attracted to someone who has a healthy respect for their body, you're not looking for the perfect person. Your energy is more the type to love someone that can become more perfect through your energy.

If Venus is in the sign Libra then your most dominating need in love is to have peace at any price. You actually tend to experience much conflict in matters of romance but show your love through an innate desire and extraordinary talent to restore harmony through quarrels. Your Venus in Libra wants to be loved for diplomacy and a sense of justice. You also have an amazing need to be in a committed partnership so casual sex is usually not your best route. An intellectual connection in romance is a must for Venus in Libra. Your ability to compromise is one of your strengths in love and you tend to attract others easily through a pronounced physical beauty.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Now I know why I like you! I'm a Gemini too. And, what bad stuff?
Sorry, was off backpacking after I dismantled the blender. My Mom dragged me back home to...re-mantle (???)...it?

I'm 40.

There's no bad stuff! That was just a silly little joke. No bad stuff here!

ReallyandImeanthat.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
OK, you are contradicting yourself. Now you all of a sudden claim there are proofs out there, or do I misunderstand you? Earlier you said it couldn't be proved. How about a source for these proofs you now claim exist? And Skeptico has tried to find proof of accuracy but none of the available "proofs" have been able to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

It does make me feel better . It just baffles me that people belive in it when it can easily be dismissed by a few logical statements and questions.

What I meant was, with the advances in culture, communication, resources, science and technology, why can't we at this day and age re-discover the foundation of the "truths" in these manuscripts? Why can't we discover the proof? Because it doesn't exist.

What about a concrete example; this is my horoscope as per astro.com:

Basically a bunch of coulds, cans and ifs. I love the "it could be good or bad"... ha ha, even you dedicated astrologers have to admit that statements like that really isn't telling me anything at all. No substance, and when it isn't generic enough to be true for all of the general population, it's actually mostly incorrect. Now please tell me, why is this?
First of all, I did find your reading from astro.com very amusing. Since I could actually agree with the astrologer on what it said about you. As for proof, I would say all astrologers have proof from the many charts they have studied. But we don't write down our findings, unless your writing a book, or reading for a client/friend. You claim to know that if proof is not visible, then it must not exist. I beg to differ on that. Sometimes proof is hidden, and if a person is skeptical, it's good to keep asking questions and even studying the subject a little further.

Astrology is a tool to help understand others and understand coming events or past events, as well. As a tool, astrologers are warned to never make a point blank statement about an individual's chart. We can only gather small nuggets and try to put them together. This is not about making up vague predictions or vague definitions. It's a puzzle we put together. For example, you say you went to astro.com, and I would just love to look over your natal chart. Is there a chance you will post it, so I can take a look at it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships