Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,324,365 times

Advertisements

#1 She must be drop dead gorgeous
#2 She must be able to regularly have a conversation with me that is so fascinating that #1 is completely pushed out of my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You want a woman who, whenever she tells you to do something, you reply with a hearty, "Yes ma'am!"?
That's it! He got it a bit wrong!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:00 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,335,832 times
1. Class. Some may take contention or umbrage and claim that there is a taste for every individual. While this is true, it is also true that things like table manners, proper speaking, and tasteful dress never go out of style.

- If you are a very good-looking woman but you do not know how to properly use a knife and a fork, you will come across as uneducated, uncouth, or worse.

- If you don't know how to speak properly, with well-chosen words and correct grammar, you will come across as a country bumpkin. I'm not even talking about regional accents here. Queen's English isn't needed all the time, but if you pepper your diction with too many slangs and "ya know what I mean," you won't come across as an intelligent person who knows how to convey your thoughts. And please, please, PLEASE: no profanity.

- I don't care how smokingly hot your figure is - please dress like a lady. You can still dress sexy but without looking like a tramp. And depending on where we're going or the type of event, do dress accordingly.

2. Intellect. You women do not imagine just how much and how often we men laugh and even at times mock women who have world-class looks and sesame-seed-sized intellect - the prototypical trophy wife/girlfriend who looks stunning but who is clueless at certain social gatherings because she knows nothing.

Sadly, a lot of men have, in my presence, mocked intelligent women as well, but I take this as an expression of insecurity, and frankly, ignorance and stupidity.

3. Warmth and kindness. Yes, women chafed under sexism for centuries, and now you women feel liberated and strong and some of you feel good by being b/tchy to men. As you wish. But we men still want a woman with a loving, kind heart, with lots of affections to share and who has a warm and gentle spirit. Some men like b/tches, and that's their choice. Men who want to settle down, and to raise a family, don't want their children's mother to be a b/tch.

4. An understanding and giving spirit. Yes, relationships take two to work. Yes, we men must give, understand, sympathize, and empathize as well. But if you're only going to be a receiver, it will wear us down, and we will resent you. It works both ways as well - do you like being the giver and never the receiver? And I'm not referring to sex, for you pervies.

5. Health. You needn't have a six-pack or ripped biceps, but please do take care of your body. Eat healthy foods. Sure, do splurge; I do myself (had a huge rack of beef ribs for dinner this past weekend, made at home, with bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, a tomato salad, and with red wine to drink). But being healthy - exercising, watching your food intake, etc - is never a bad thing. No, it's not fair for us men to demand women to have the face of Megan Fox and the body of J. Lo while we're 50lbs overweight. I believe every man must take care of himself physically. But the way we treat our bodies is a glaring reflection of how we view/respect ourselves, and discipline in the area of health and fitness - or lack thereof - is a sign of how disciplined we are as a whole. Discipline, organization, and industry are virtues that I value in my own life, and that I'd hope you have in yours, regarding your body and everything else.

That's all for now. I want somebody decent-looking - I won't lie. Somebody who is fun to talk to and hang out with. And... yeah.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:13 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,149,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's it! He got it a bit wrong!
It's my job to correct these discrepancies

Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,652,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
- If you don't know how to speak properly, with well-chosen words and correct grammar, you will come across as a country bumpkin. I'm not even talking about regional accents here. Queen's English isn't needed all the time, but if you pepper your diction with too many slangs and "ya know what I mean," you won't come across as an intelligent person who knows how to convey your thoughts. And please, please, PLEASE: no profanity.
Excellent post. One thing I would add is "No Text Speak". It's bad enough that people love to text so much, but don't talk like that in person. It won't kill you to speak in a full sentence and, unlike Twitter, you're not limited to 140 characters or less.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM

143 posts, read 258,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Excellent post. One thing I would add is "No Text Speak". It's bad enough that people love to text so much, but don't talk like that in person. It won't kill you to speak in a full sentence and, unlike Twitter, you're not limited to 140 characters or less.
oh em gee. I don't see why like, you don't think I sound like, super smart like this??? U know what I mean? Like, dubbleyoo tee eff!?!? Psh.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:44 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,060,775 times
I like a big butt.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,324,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I noticed that you used a few contractions in your sentence.

What is textspeak if not a modern type of contraction?

Lewis Carroll, His Critics and His Apostrophes « English Is My Name

Quote:
Contractions.

A short, quick way to write our most commonly used words. And nowadays no one really has much of a problem with them (we use them too much anyway to pick on them.) Yet, someone once did have a bone to pick about them.

Who was that man?

Lewis Carroll; the famous writer of Alice In Wonderland and, a jack of all-trades in the educational arena.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,969,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I noticed that you used a few contractions in your sentence.

What is textspeak if not a modern type of contraction?

Lewis Carroll, His Critics and His Apostrophes « English Is My Name

Maybe the sentence is pregnant?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,348,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
For you men: If you're into seeking relationship (can be long term, marriage material, etc...) besides looks are there other qualities you look for when being on a date? What are they?

Or is just the looks most of the times good enough? Example: Guy finds his dream girl who is rated high in looks (can be smart too) but turns out to be an arrogant, snob thinking she's above everyone...
Definitely NOT a female version of TVSG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships