Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing there was still a small part of you that was hoping this might blossom into something more. Sorry you had to hear it that way, but it was probably best that you did. Leaves no room for doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'm guessing there was still a small part of you that was hoping this might blossom into something more. Sorry you had to hear it that way, but it was probably best that you did. Leaves no room for doubt.
I agree and for that I'm sorry you had to hear. But it's not the end of the world and don't let it deter you from finding someone who's right for you.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Recently I went on a 5-day trip with a female friend of mine. Things went nice and all... then one of those days I overheard her talking on the phone with a guy friend of her (who she probably likes). When speaking about the trip with me, she laughed and said "No! He knows there's no chance for that at all".

To tell the truth, she was right. I knew I had no chances with her from long before that trip. And I hadn't gone there with her with those intentions. But still... knowing I am so easily discarded by girls, really shocked me! She said that as if she considered the idea plain absurd. Like I was the last troll of Mordor, or something. I was really offended. It made me really want to go and ask her why.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
First of all, you don't know how easily she dismissed the idea of anything happening between the two of you. For all you know, she may have given it a great deal of thought but finally came to the conclusion that it would be a bad idea. The fact that she was so able to definitely say "no, it would never happen" just means she's sure, not that she didn't entertain the idea. Given that you found out by accident, I hope you didn't confront her on it. It's best not to know the whole truth about why someone isn't interested in you and just accept that they aren't and leave it at that.

But I can relate to your experience. I was at a friend's party once and she introduced me to one of her friends. I was interested in her, but I could tell she wasn't interested in me. Later on, the two of them were in the kitchen chatting amongst themselves. I didn't know that and walked by to use the bathroom when I overheard the girl I met saying that I was too short. It kinda stung and it was one of those things I would've preferred to not know. But I didn't say anything and the next time I saw her, I was polite and pretended like I didn't hear what she said about me. My friend, the one who introduced us, later told me, although she said it in a much gentler way.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Why would you invite someone of the opposite sex on a trip knowing before hand nothing is going to happen?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Why would you invite someone of the opposite sex on a trip knowing before hand nothing is going to happen?
Maybe because you're just friends and trust the other person understands that and won't get the wrong idea.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
I agree also and if I were the OP I wouldn't let this one situation be the standard of all opinions of all girls he encounters.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM

404 posts, read 701,841 times
Mr. Cat: Well I like to keep my promises. Would you only do that when you think something will happen?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
I understand her wanting to reassure this guy on the other end of the phone, but that could have been handled better on her part. It makes her sound kind of full of herself. Unless you were giving off some unintentional vibes that she was picking up on and really wanted to drive the point home. Even then, she could have handled that more discreetly and considered your feelings.
Yes. While I agree with seeniorita and others that the OP might be a little oversensitive, you're right that what she said (to anyone) wasn't very nice. To me, it says, "I am too good for him," and that's just immodest.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:05 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Mr. Cat: Well I like to keep my promises. Would you only do that when you think something will happen?
Depends.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:50 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
You're not a troll or a love interest. You are a friend. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are both on the same page.

I think of my male friends almost as brothers......and no, I don't want to have sex with them. EWWWWW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships