Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:35 PM

404 posts, read 701,841 times

Advertisements

Recently I went on a 5-day trip with a female friend of mine. Things went nice and all... then one of those days I overheard her talking on the phone with a guy friend of her (who she probably likes). When speaking about the trip with me, she laughed and said "No! He knows there's no chance for that at all".

To tell the truth, she was right. I knew I had no chances with her from long before that trip. And I hadn't gone there with her with those intentions. But still... knowing I am so easily discarded by girls, really shocked me! She said that as if she considered the idea plain absurd. Like I was the last troll of Mordor, or something. I was really offended. It made me really want to go and ask her why.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Recently I went on a 5-day trip with a female friend of mine. Things went nice and all... then one of those days I overheard her talking on the phone with a guy friend of her (who she probably likes). When speaking about the trip with me, she laughed and said "No! He knows there's no chance for that at all".

To tell the truth, she was right. I knew I had no chances with her from long before that trip. And I hadn't gone there with her with those intentions. But still... knowing I am so easily discarded by girls, really shocked me! She said that as if she considered the idea plain absurd. Like I was the last troll of Mordor, or something. I was really offended. It made me really want to go and ask her why.

But she didn't tell you that, bluntly or otherwise. You OVERHEARD her conversation, big difference.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:40 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
I understand her wanting to reassure this guy on the other end of the phone, but that could have been handled better on her part. It makes her sound kind of full of herself. Unless you were giving off some unintentional vibes that she was picking up on and really wanted to drive the point home. Even then, she could have handled that more discreetly and considered your feelings.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But she didn't tell you that, bluntly or otherwise. You OVERHEARD her conversation, big difference.
Fair enough. The thread title has been edited

Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good point. Did you have your ear up against the wall when you overheard this, or did she blurt it out right in front of you while speaking to him?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,738 times
Or else she KNOWS you well enough that you guys are on the same page about turning your friendship into a physical encounter. (usually a bad idea) I'm sure it wasn't a slam to you at all, just an honest statement to a busybody inquiry.

I'm sure you aren't anywhere near a troll but just someone she values having as a friend. So, if you also know the physical wasn't in the realm when you went on the trip, why let your ego get bruised? Great to have an opposite sex friend to do things with where SEX is not always the underlying intent. (yes it does happen)

Old 10-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Good point. Did you have your ear up against the wall when you overheard this, or did she blurt it out right in front of you while speaking to him?
No, she was just speaking quite loudly, I was at the stairs and heard her talking. She didn't notice me, I'm sure about that. Which makes her comment all the more honest.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Fair enough. The thread title has been edited

And wanted to add, I'm SURE you are most certainly not some hideous troll from Mordor or elsewhere

As hard as this concept is to accept, sometimes the chemistry is just not there, plain and simple.

Someone not choosing you does not have to be about YOU at all, and usually isn't

Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Quote:

If you already knew this, why are you so offended that she said it to someone else? She basically said the same thing you already knew.

I think it's a bit dramatic to say you are easily discarded by girls and may/may not resemble the Troll of Mordor. Ease up dude. Things are platonic and she was expressing such. She may not have been aware you were within earshot.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:48 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Maybe not so honest, maybe she wants to juggle a couple of guys at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships