Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,661,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
one of the williams sisters,(think tennis),,think her name is serena, she is quite healthy, she's got some meat on her bones! and use to look damn sexy,,,(tho havent seen her for a while)
AHHH so you are a b u t t man eh? lol

Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM

549 posts, read 2,385,860 times
Default This makes me remember of the "three basic body type" categories health ED thought: endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph.

There are so many differences within a body type category. When people describe a thin person as "statuesque" for example I think of Elle McPherson or L'Wren Scott. When they say "waif" images of 1960's era Mia Farrow pop up in my head. Growing up I always wanted to have the "classic" hourglass figure of Brigitte Bardot(who by the way looked amazing in 1950's couture and in a bikini as well) but my genetics had other plans for me. Some guys call me "petite" because I weigh 105 pounds and stand at 5 8", but "petite" means someone who stands 5 4" or under, kind of like Jennifer Aniston. And then you have guys who have told me I'm a "big girl" because of my height. I politely remind them that the "average" American woman wears a size 14 or larger. At the same time I don't let these comments bug me much since everyone has a type they are attracted to.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I guess that depends on where those 30lbs are at ...
========

I definitely second that...!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,259,615 times
J.Lo does not have a lot of meat on her bones!!! (Nice butt though!) Dang, if she's what some people consider "meat on her bones" then women everywhere are hopeless! Serena William's got pure muscle man, as does Laila Ali (Dancing with the Stars, Mohammad Ali's daughter). I thought Laila was stunning in DWTS. Jeanine Garafolo ... have you seen her lately? She's lost a LOT of weight. She's like stick figure thin now, IMO. I liked how she looked in Seinfeld/Myster Men/The Truth About Cats and Dogs times but now I think she's too skinny.

A lot of folks would consider J.Lo as "voluptuous" but a lot of folks also consider Monique "voluptuous". Those are two very different body types.

I've lost over 30lbs recently and my husband says I'm wasting away. I'm by no means skinny - still overweight - but it's all about perspective. In my eyes, I still feel like I look like a big fatty but in his eyes I'm perfect. What are you gonna do?!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM

549 posts, read 2,385,860 times
Love yourself no matter what!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Just curious about what the men-folk have to say.

I have a friend who is very attractive but she's about 30 lbs. overweight. Believe me, she has her choice of men, when we go out, guy's will flock to her . Im always amazed by all the attention she gets . Do men just prefer a woman with more meat on her bones ?
Guy's what's your opinion ?
I don't normally come in this section, but I saw this post in the index.

30 pounds, is nowhere near overweight. I'm personally attracted to the "Marilyn Monroe" build, and she was probably MORE than 30 pounds over what society has deemed as "average" these days.

Women that are too thin just look, well, sick I married a woman with a similar build to MM, and am quite happy with her appearance. So are the 5 plus pathetic guys that hit on her each day.

You can have the skinny "model types". I'm nowhere near interested.

NOW, 100 pounds overweight is just nasty.

~T

Old 07-18-2007, 11:24 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,184,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post

NOW, 100 pounds overweight is just nasty.
You'd be surprised how many of us guys prefer "nasty" relationships...

Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
You'd be surprised how many of us guys prefer "nasty" relationships...
Well, nasty to me. Everybody has their preference.

The point is, nobody is really a "better" choice.

~T

Old 07-18-2007, 12:31 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Jeanine Garafolo ... have you seen her lately? She's lost a LOT of weight. She's like stick figure thin now, IMO. I liked how she looked in Seinfeld/Myster Men/The Truth About Cats and Dogs times but now I think she's too skinny.
The link didn't work but I was referring to Garafalo from the Seinfeld episode or Truth About Cats and Dogs. Thick, perhaps a bit overweight but still very attractive... I didn't realize she went all hunger-strike on us there.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:37 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post
I want a visual description of someone so I know what they are talking about. If you look at Maxim's Top 20 hottest women - to me NONE of them have any "meat on their bones".
How 'bout Patricia Heaton from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'?? That's an example IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships