Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM

54 posts, read 191,274 times

Advertisements

So I finally got into a relationship. After all these years of feeling sorta lonely I've found someone. One problem: according to my BF im going to HELL. Yes I know, wierd. I feel we're truly in love but he's scared. He says all gays go to hell. We've been going out for quiete a while and every now and then he claims to be turning "straight" again. I don't know what to do. My personal belief is gays dont go to hell. He is the total opposite. What should I do?? I really want to be with him but can't be going through these random events of him turning "straighT" and I don't want to ruin his life. ADVICE PLEASE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
Why are you involved with him? Do you like being told you're going to burn in Hell forever?! If he keeps trying to turn straight, and keeps coming back to you, who do you think he's going to blame eventually? You! I don't know you at all, but please don't stay stuck in such an unhealthy relationship. There must be someone else out there you can meet who doesn't assume that "gay = doomed"!

He needs intense counseling, but at the same time, maybe you do as well. I mean that in the best, most helpful way.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:41 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
It doesn't sound to me like he has truly accepted that he is gay. Personally I would send him packing on a "voyage of discover" if he want's to try living straight, give him that opportunity. Hopefully when he is ready to accept his true self, you will stil be available.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 PM

54 posts, read 191,274 times
Wow. Most of your comments have really opened my eyes. Im staying with him because we are still finishing school and I've never been in a relationship like this before. I've felt I've waited so long. Most of you are right. I should wait a few more years and not be rushing into something like this. I'm still young

Old 08-05-2007, 08:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,618 times
Cool dkchattn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOutrageous View Post
So I finally got into a relationship. After all these years of feeling sorta lonely I've found someone. One problem: according to my BF im going to HELL. Yes I know, wierd. I feel we're truly in love but he's scared. He says all gays go to hell. We've been going out for quiete a while and every now and then he claims to be turning "straight" again. I don't know what to do. My personal belief is gays dont go to hell. He is the total opposite. What should I do?? I really want to be with him but can't be going through these random events of him turning "straighT" and I don't want to ruin his life. ADVICE PLEASE.
I am new in my relationship and am scared to death. I love my girlfirend and I truly believe we are not going to hell. Your friend needs read in the bible. There is plenty of information about a gay lifestyle. God forgives.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
In my opinion you should distance yourself from this guy, he sounds confused and could get dangerous, anytime one starts thinking they are going to hell for their lifestyle they have very deep issues, he needs to get himself together before he can have a relationship.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,885 times
"God Fearing Gay Relationship"

No such thing. I am not a basher Just cant live with that title. God does not support gay resationships in His word. I believe Man and woman. I think that maybe you should find a good Christian counselor, that is not judgemental, and ask his opinion on the whole subject.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Wait a minute here. How can 'god fearing' and 'gay' fit into the same sentence?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 AM

263 posts, read 1,097,506 times
The same way "Christian" and "Hate-Monger" can!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
"God Fearing Gay Relationship"

No such thing. I am not a basher Just cant live with that title. God does not support gay resationships in His word. I believe Man and woman. I think that maybe you should find a good Christian counselor, that is not judgemental, and ask his opinion on the whole subject.
I completely agree. I was talking with my brother about this the other day, (I don't have a bible with me here at work, go figure) but God is very strict on same-sex relationships. But here you go. Corinthians 6:9 is a good case in point. The New International Version has this verse as follows:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders..."

Leviticus 20:13 – “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

So... I would let your "friend" go. If he's not sure whether he wants to be straight, or keep trying to be gay anymore. More power to him.

and I agree with the counseling suggestion, on both your behalf. If you don't want to live with someone who says you will burn in hell, then either a) you disagree with him and this will never be something you see eye to eye on, and will make for an unhappy and unhealthy relationship, or b) you are scared because you may agree with part of his "theory", and are merely trying to overlook it.

I'm not trying to tell you to live in fear of burning in hell for every little thing you do. Yes, God forgives, but he doesn't hold an open acceptance policy for anyone who chooses to live their life as they see fit, with total disreguard to his teachings, just to spend the last 5 seconds of his life before he "gives up the ghost" repenting and praying to God on how sorry he is.

I'm not saying that people that wait till the last minute are not going to be forgiven EITHER.... God looks deep into your heart, for what you truly are. And he will see, if your life plan is to do whatever you want, and turncoat at the last minute, just because you're scared.. is that really the kind of person you want to be?

whether you agree with the biblical aspects and arguments that are provided for this argument or not - try to understand that this is what your partner is facing right now.. I've learned first hand experience wise... that you can't force someone to think the way you do, or try to enter a relationship (or save one) to change them. Please try to keep an open mind with this. I did not have the intent to openly bash anyone or shove God down their throat when I began writing this

Just my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships