Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:23 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times

Advertisements

I started a poll in the Religion forum, on this topic. In case anyone wants to participate. That way.... we can keep this one a little more on topic.

Please drop by and give your 2 cents.

to the OP: I agree with a previous poster on page 1, don't try to force anythign in the relationship. If you love him let him go, if he loves you he will come back. Can you not love him as a good friend? Or must the sex be the dealbreaker in the relationship? In the meantime, the most you can do is watch and wait. No one can change anyone, and it will be an unhappy unhealthy relationship if you spend the majority of your time trying to either change him into something he's not, or can't accept him the way he is or isn't yet.

Best of luck to you. It may be a hard decision, but God loves everyone, and would not give you an obstacle that you did not have the strength to overcome.
So if you can't move this mountain, find a way around it I believe there is someone perfect out there for everyone on this earth. Perhaps you have just not found them yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM

448 posts, read 1,855,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
hgon well you also have your own believes that is obvious And I am not bashing whatever you believe in. Wether I agree or not. Normally when someone starts to bash something they are afraid of it. And there is no need to be afraid of Christianty. And The Book I believe in has been around for a little more than a couple of thousand years and it tells me that Jesus Christ was not homosexual
To each its own. Live and let live. Peace out.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOutrageous View Post
So I finally got into a relationship. After all these years of feeling sorta lonely I've found someone. One problem: according to my BF im going to HELL. Yes I know, wierd. I feel we're truly in love but he's scared. He says all gays go to hell. We've been going out for quiete a while and every now and then he claims to be turning "straight" again. I don't know what to do. My personal belief is gays dont go to hell. He is the total opposite. What should I do?? I really want to be with him but can't be going through these random events of him turning "straighT" and I don't want to ruin his life. ADVICE PLEASE.
Mr. O, you need to drop that ZERO and get yourself a HERO! (if you haven't already)

Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Patiently waiting as his friend is the best that you can do. Keep sex out of the picture and let any love that there is grow first, you will know if it is the love of passion or of friendship. You do not say how young you are or your friend, it is not unusual for one in their youth to question oneself, especially since society seems so involved in criticizing how someone else lives and neglects how they them self live. I have been in a relationship with my partner for 28 years, I was nineteen when we met and he was 34. I was fresh out of high school and only knew that it felt right to me and I was not going to let any one of any religious denomination or lack of tell me how to live. Though I do believe that everyone would live happier if they followed the "Golden Rule" do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. I had a very good friend who also happened to be a very strict Christian, she knew I was gay and she told me one day that I was a better Christian than most of the ones she knew even though she thought I was living in sin. I asked her how my lifestyle could be a sin when the heterosexual devorce rate was in excess of 50 percent? She had no answer to that. She then said that the bible said it was a sin, I pointed out to her that the bible was a book, one that has been rewritten many, many times and that the author was a man . It is also important to take into account that the Christian religion is not the only one on the planet we call Earth and home. There are way too many religions here to count and for one to think that they can call all the rest wrong and that they are right is so just mega-egocentric.

Relationships take time to grow, they have to be developed from scratch and nurtured along till one day it becomes comfortable like a pair of old blue jeans. When you get a tear, you patch it together and the mend makes the relationship stronger. Too many people have become used to just giving up when things don't fit anymore instead of making alterations in the fabric of their ralationships, it always takes work. That is part of the game regardless of ones sexual orientation. Devorce has become too easy and common, there is no longer any shame in it.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:58 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Scripture tells us that indeed we “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.†But God’s Word also says, “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!†(Isaiah 5:20)

I would say let the boyfriend go until he figures out who and what he is.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Regardless of whether homosexuality is a sin or not, your boyfriend thinks it is. And if he thinks your relationship with him is a sin, then he'll likely never be able to be happy in the relationship. If he's not happy with the relationship, then the relationship won't be strong or fulfilling for either of you.
I say move on...maybe the two of you can remain friends, but IMO this relationship will be a mess and surely end badly.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 AM

3 posts, read 7,618 times
Way to go, Talk2U

Old 08-20-2007, 07:00 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Your boyfriend is making his own "hell" right now.
He needs to pull himself together and you need to tell him that it's over until he can do this or you will be going through "hell" along with him, if you're not already.
Good Luck.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
Wait a minute here. How can 'god fearing' and 'gay' fit into the same sentence?
Sickening to read posts like this. Typical, but sickening. What no scriptures to throw in? Maybe Fred Phelps can loan you some of his signs and you can protest his first date. Go ahead! Call it g*d's will.

The OP is just a kid. Going through what all gays have to go through.

Go to a christian counselor, then go to a gay counselor and then make up your own mind. Don't let anonymous CD posters have the satisfaction of stoning you to death.

Chances are, if this is your first love, it won't last a lifetime. First loves always seem to be the most intense.
Second, someday you will find out, whether you enter a straight or gay relationship, the sex will slowly die, then you will sit in your rocker with your soul mate and wonder what all the fuss was about. Physical love is just that, physical. The smooth thin bodies grow into old, flabby and wrinkled butts. But the love in your heart turns to respectful love.

Why some people want others to live by their own beliefs is just part of their religion. I guess its a form of terrorism. The arabs use bombs, and the christians use scripture. Then they run to the forums and shout Thou shalt not find happiness unless it meets my own strict bible!! Thou must live thy life by my bible. Dam# you!

In Iraq, they have men who walk around making sure people live by the muslim faiths. I forget what they are called. Anyway, you see the same thing here. Only its called christianity.

I have a feeling you will someday have to make the same decision. Don't fault your friend for having religous doctrine imbedded into his psyche. He will likely be tossing scriptures at you and other gays a few years from now.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,885 times
redbird4848 then you have people like you that try to get everyone to believer that Christianity is terrorism. You just want everyone to believe that what you spit is the truth. So I have not bashed anyone and because I believe in a Loving God that sent his son to die on the cross for all of mine and your sins does not give you the right to come and bash me. So before you go and let your mouth run before you think look in the mirror before you call someone a terrorist. You seem to want everyone to say that being gay is ok. I dont believe that it is right but I do not condem them for being that way. I do approve of it but I will let people know where I stand, just as you let people know where you stand yours seem to be a little more harsh but i can deal with that.
So no matter what God Bless and Mr. O and his friend

One Love, One God, and Only One Way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships