Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
couldn't go out with a guy that didn't

What that says about you is not very good or complimentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,459,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
This is a weird thread. That said, people on here need to relax. I wouldn't date a guy who didn't drink either unless he was an alcoholic who had gotten sober or something. I like going out and drinking, having a beer together, going to wine tastings etc and I don't want to do that alone. Although a permanant DD wouldn't be so bad, lol...anyway not everyone who enjoys drinking is some raging violent alcoholic. I can't imagine dinner without wine...they just go together...but to each their own.
Former alcoholics are the worst kind of non-drinkers. In my experience, former alcoholics tend to project their issues with alcohol onto you. I don't need that baggage. I'd rather date someone who is a teetotaler by choice and not because they had to clean up their act.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,665,928 times
I don't see why everyone is jumping on the OP. So she prefers guys who drink. Big deal. Not everyone who drinks (even daily) is an alcoholic.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't see why everyone is jumping on the OP. So she prefers guys who drink. Big deal. Not everyone who drinks (even daily) is an alcoholic.
Trust me, to purposely not date a guy just because he doesn't drink indicates she's got some "issues". Thank God my sons avoid women like her like the plague.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Trust me, to purposely not date a guy just because he doesn't drink indicates she's got some "issues". Thank God my sons avoid women like her like the plague.
I disagree, loves. I think she just has a preference for drinkers. It's not nearly a big of deal as most have made it out to be. (My opinion.)

Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I disagree, loves. I think she just has a preference for drinkers. It's not nearly a big of deal as most have made it out to be. (My opinion.)
We'll just have to agree to disagree I see her as a young lady heading for some unhappy times for sure.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree I see her as a young lady heading for some unhappy times for sure.
I have female friend who in her early 20s would say she didn't trust anyone who doesn't drink. I found that kind of funny, but I got where she was coming from. She was young, liked to party, and didn't want to be judged. She was good at her job and professional... just liked to drink on the weekends. No biggie. Now she's pushing 27 (old lady almost) and was complaining to me the other day that her boyfriend likes to drink once a week .. she thought that was too much .. once a month was pushing it. lol .. she's growing up, I suppose.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I have female friend who in her early 20s would say she didn't trust anyone who doesn't drink. I found that kind of funny, but I got where she was coming from. She was young, liked to party, and didn't want to be judged. She was good at her job and professional... just liked to drink on the weekends. No biggie. Now she's pushing 27 (old lady almost) and was complaining to me the other day that her boyfriend likes to drink once a week .. she thought that was too much .. once a month was pushing it. lol .. she's growing up, I suppose.
I would say you have hit the nail on the head

Our OP apparently still has some growing up to do.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,784,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
If someone is drinking a case of 12-18 beers a day every day then they are definitely not hitting the gym and are packing on the pounds. plus someone who's breath that smells like booze, vomit and cirgarettes is not very attractive IMO
Ohhh yea... nothing like having sex with someone who has vomit breath , beer gas coming out of his behind and spit coming out of his mouth .. nice...

Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM

43 posts, read 111,963 times
My your priorities are in check!
I enjoy drinking as well. My boyfriend and I do it often.... BUT, I'm sure you're missing a few key personality traits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships