Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times

Advertisements

Lol, meant as a serious question: are there any good places in the Mid-Atlantic states left that anyone knows of, to geographically be able to find girls who are still interested in "old fashioned courtship" style relationships? (As in serious, committed, exclusive, steady, LTR, etc. kinds of relationships, and in particular where full physical intimacy is reserved until after a full 100% married commitment to each other?)

None of the total 40+ girls I've dated in my local area (near the DC area) over the years have really be seemed at all to be looking for anything like that If anything, they all really seemed to be much more interested in short-term / casual relationships, clubbing, pubbing, partying...that sort of thing.

Where geographically can a guy still be most likely to find the "good girl", the "kind angelic sweetheart", and essentially just a "genuinely nice girl", that you would want to take home to meet your Mom and Dad? (The kind of girl a guy would be thrilled to, and dream of, actually being in a real married relationship with?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol, meant as a serious question: are there any good places in the Mid-Atlantic states left that anyone knows of, to geographically be able to find girls who are still interested in "old fashioned courtship" style relationships? (As in serious, committed, exclusive, steady, LTR, etc. kinds of relationships, and in particular where full physical intimacy is reserved until after a full 100% married commitment to each other?)

None of the total 40+ girls I've dated in my local area (near the DC area) over the years have really be seemed at all to be looking for anything like that If anything, they all really seemed to be much more interested in short-term / casual relationships, clubbing, pubbing, partying...that sort of thing.

Where geographically can a guy still be most likely to find the "good girl", the "kind angelic sweetheart", and essentially just a "genuinely nice girl", that you would want to take home to meet your Mom and Dad? (The kind of girl a guy would be thrilled to, and dream of, actually being in a real married relationship with?)
girls?

meetHelloKitty.com

women?

craigslist

Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
There isn't a town populated entirely by nice people. Sounds like you need to get involved in a church or a charity or volunteer where you might meet women who share your values.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There isn't a town populated entirely by nice people. Sounds like you need to get involved in a church or a charity or volunteer where you might meet women who share your values.
Have tried church extensively in the past...it never worked for me though

Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Just wanted to briefly clarify...when I said "girls", I meant it in an age-appropriate way of course (specifically I meant as in adult females, from only ages 24-32).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
girls?

meetHelloKitty.com

women?

craigslist

Old 07-07-2010, 06:21 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
Try small towns and the country if it's feasible for you.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Try small towns and the country if it's feasible for you.
So just drive around looking for women? Zoinks!! He should get a Mystery Van as well, and a Great Dane, and possibly a marijuana habit.

Like Scoob we are gonna go get some hot chicks.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
It's all good with the exception of the bolded part, which is a tough sale... I'm not some nympho by any means, but there's no way I'm buying even a Knight in a sack.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's all good with the exception of the bolded part, which is a tough sale... I'm not some nympho by any means, but there's no way I'm buying even a Knight in a sack.
The main reason for the physical intimacy issue until marriage for me really has largely to do with my own personal Christian religious and ethical beliefs -- by "being all the way physical" before being in a married relationship, it would make me feel sinful and very ashamed of myself, and the same as a serious loss of personal "honor" for me. Plus, it also prevents potential feelings of being emotionally devastated or hurt for me, if the relationship doesn't work out or result in a more permanent committed union.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 07-07-2010 at 07:47 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 07:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
The main reason for the physical intimacy issue until marriage for me really has largely to do with my own personal Christian religious and ethical beliefs -- by "being all the way physical" before being in a married relationship, it would make me feel sinful and very ashamed of myself, and the same as a serious loss of personal "honor" for me. Plus, it also prevents potential feelings of being emotionally devastated or hurt for me, if the relationship doesn't work out or result in a more permanent committed union.
I can't relate, but I do understand. Perhaps there are other people who feel the way you do. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships