Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,078,561 times

Advertisements

Aw he loves you!

I say you embrace your stalker head on and return the love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,935,778 times
So if my mother calls me outwith working hours, since she knows when I work, and asks where I am, and what I'm up to, does that make her a stalker?

I think you may need to give us a little more to go on, OP.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM

10,215 posts, read 17,914,181 times
There's a big difference between a mother and some guy she doesn't want to be friends with. They are not comparable.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
If this is the guy I'm thinking of from previous posts from you, then the two of you until *very* recently talked frequently...right? You want to break off the friendship, but you haven't actually told him that, so he's just acting as he would if you were friends. He hasn't changed, from what I can gather. So no. Not stalking at all.

Now if you were to actually come out and tell him you don't want to be friends anymore (this is the guy who kissed you on the lips, right?), he would have the opportunity not to call. The way things are now, he's probably just confused and wondering what changed.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,565,656 times
Not stalking.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,821,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
That's true but a lot of times there are warning signs that someone could turn into a stalker and while it may not be terrifying at that point, it's important not to ignore red flags. If one can recognize them and take precautionary steps ahead of time, they might be able to avoid it reaching a terrifying point. Persistent calling, asking where you are, what you're doing and not getting the obvious hints you're putting across that you don't want to hear from him any more could be an early warning sign. As Thursday says, the OP needs to firmly but gently tell him to stop calling. If it continues after that, I would start by telling my friends and family what is going on and change my phone numbers (since he only seems to be contacting her by phone at the moment). If things escalate instead of ceasing, contact the police and since he lives so close, consider moving. Maybe he's just an annoying guy and she hasn't been clear enough with him - but it can't hurt to be prepared for worse.
Yes, that is certainly good advice; however, I'm going by the OP's post history, here.

The first step if she really wants nothing to do with this guy, is to tell him she wants absolutely no contact - no phone calls, no texts, no emails, no letters - nothing. Agreed.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,398,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
why did you tell him your work schedule??You are making yourself too accessable to him. get call display, and if he calls don't answer, hopefully he'll get the message, and if he starts calling you at work, you have reason to be concerned.
I'd be curious to hear his side of the story just to make sure there aren't any missing details.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 PM

525 posts, read 1,557,105 times
He's persistent when he wants something like money. When I see him, he kisses n gives me a tight hug. I try break off the friendship but he's not taking a no for an answer. Then I told him if he wanted money from me, we have to start going out and he agreed. I told him to keep his word or Im done. Yes, he has called when Im at work

Old 12-02-2010, 12:14 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,398,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
He's persistent when he wants something like money. When I see him, he kisses n gives me a tight hug. I try break off the friendship but he's not taking a no for an answer. Then I told him if he wanted money from me, we have to start going out and he agreed. I told him to keep his word or Im done. Yes, he has called when Im at work
So after you try to break off the friendship, you offer to loan him money if you two start dating?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,821,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Ok, he's not stalking you in any sense of the word. He's using you, and you're using him. Seriously, you told him if he wants money he has to go out with you?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships