Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I do. I find them more lady like. I am a man who, just by nature, takes what he wants. I am dominant. I own things whether its the weights I am picking up or the ***** I am slamming. Women should be submissive. They are by nature. The only thing that doesn't make them like that is a twisted mind.
You're dominant.... in your own mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
You're dominant.... in your own mind
Okay...

Old 02-14-2011, 11:04 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Playing games is immature imo. I wouldn't pretend to be submissive just to make a guy feel good about himself. If he is that lacking in self-esteem, I would never be with him in the first place. Games are for the bedroom only. I think a relationship should have give and take. For instance, I am really good at finance, so if I married a guy who wasn't wouldn't it make sense for me to handle the money. If he was better at it than me, then, he could manage it. Don't marry someone you don't trust. It seems like so many people on this forum think someone is out to get them.
You would think its common sense to make decisions on which person is better equipped in that area rather then archaic gender roles..to each his own i guess

Old 02-15-2011, 11:29 AM

36,518 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I think a woman is submissive. The only thing that makes her non-submissive is her mind. I suppose you could say a really weak man can also make her non-submissive. Some women have higher testosterone rates than some men.

LOL. Women are submissive but not in their minds. So actually, they are only submissive in your mind.

Really though, the only thing that makes women submissive is not being equally protected/represented under the law.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,384 times
It's not a 100% requirement. But it's hot. What's wrong with a girl, being a girl?

I'm not attracted to really masculine women...if she can bench press me, no thanks, lol. I like girls that are girly....shops at victorias secret, uses cute girly fonts, wears cute outfits, etc.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 AM

16 posts, read 59,215 times
Not sure these days...most guys are messed up in the head I think....a lot of guys have become feminized to bossy controlling women and seem like submissive sissies..and lots seem to turn gay or something it seems for whatever reason... I'm sure there aer the normal dominant men somewhere out there but from waht ive seen, they don't exist much anymore... most guys if dominant just seem controlling abusive or cruel overall.... im not submissive but i dont mind being slightly submissive to a guy if he's my BF but i haven't met a guy who seems to be like that..most guys seem to want a girl to take control i have no clue....I havent met a dominant guy in today's society just sissy weirdos or super controlling abusive freaks...

Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 AM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
I like to be equal in life and a bit more submissive in the bedroom. That's just me though. I like the feeling of being desired intensely rather than being the one doing the intense desiring to put it very frankly.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
Not sure these days...most guys are messed up in the head I think....a lot of guys have become feminized to bossy controlling women and seem like submissive sissies..and lots seem to turn gay or something it seems for whatever reason... I'm sure there aer the normal dominant men somewhere out there but from waht ive seen, they don't exist much anymore... most guys if dominant just seem controlling abusive or cruel overall.... im not submissive but i dont mind being slightly submissive to a guy if he's my BF but i haven't met a guy who seems to be like that..most guys seem to want a girl to take control i have no clue....I havent met a dominant guy in today's society just sissy weirdos or super controlling abusive freaks...
whats wrong guys who want a 50/50 partner not a child that wants to be led around..

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 AM

529 posts, read 1,335,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
Sheilaa... growing up with the dynamic you described cannot be related to by most here as you've noticed. They grew up in different times and cannot honestly relate to the dynamic/emotional truth of your experiences or the experiences of females growing up in today's cultural landscape with feminized males who seem to constantly need a feminine hand of guidance, perferring to regulate all responsibility to her shoulders.

It is beyond wearisome... a generation of emotionally submissive males or controlling brutes... {which has nothing to do with the natural dominant} but again this is based on today's general experiences with a younger generation.

One size does not fit all, meaning the male/female dynamic of their youth, the experiences which defined who they were then and who they are now bears little resemblance to our reality.

One Hint though... Don't be disheartened... maybe try a European male.

...shyangel...

Last edited by shyangel; 02-17-2011 at 05:34 AM..

Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 AM

529 posts, read 1,335,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Hmm...do submissive-nature (read: *not* bedroom-related, lol) girls and similarly-submissive guys, ever attract each other, romantically?
yes because they do not consider each other doormats or children, but another being who delights in serving, supporting one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Or is it a opposites-attract thing only? For example, dominant / submissive or vice versa?

For the record: again, I'm not talking about bedroom-style...just strictly in terms of their personality characteristics
The dominant if loving actually emotionally cherishes the other to the point of appearing submissive and vice versa! Its about emotional Joy. Do not let other's intellectual definitions { a dynamic neither lived nor practiced } become your own. If attracted emotionally to a particular style of loving then seek out those of like-mind and question them.

...shyangel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships