Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:10 AM

30 posts, read 80,674 times

Advertisements

Wanted to know what men think of women who are sexually experienced or who have had a lot of sexual partners. Is she automatically labeled a s**t? I understand the "double standard" but are there exceptions to the rule? Would you date a sexually secure (experienced) women if it meant she had a substantial amount of partners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 07:16 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,650,125 times
I don't think that just because a woman is sexually experienced means she is a sl**. I think it means she appreciates the art of sex, she appreciates everything about the encounter too.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:29 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,195,778 times
Experienced women always trump the novices. I adore promiscuous women, they are much more fun and stimulating.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:41 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,793,448 times
All things being equal, I'd rather have someone experienced and uninhibited than someone who is too timid or clumsy.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,633,549 times
The substantial number of partners doesn't bother me as I share that vice; however, I'd still like to see the test results. In certain lifestyles, tests are the new calling card and are expected as part of proper etiquette.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 AM

138 posts, read 219,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The substantial number of partners doesn't bother me as I share that vice; however, I'd still like to see the test results. In certain lifestyles, tests are the new calling card and are expected as part of proper etiquette.
Call me a codger if you wish. But I am so glad i came of age pre AIDS! I feel sorry for the youth of today. Instead of experiancing the excitement and that wonderful expectation of a first time sexual encounter with a first time partner,todays youth have to worry about passing a damn test! Sorta ruins the moment doesnt it? But to answer the OP question, I much prefer a confident woman. And confidence in the sack can really only come thru experiance. I like a partner who has no hesitation in telling me what pleases her and isnt afraid to ask what pleases me. I think the sl*t label is earned in ways that really have little to do with sex.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,650,019 times
If a woman's had a lot of sexual partners, I won't necessarily assume she's a sl**. Men have no-strings sex all the time. So I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting the same thing. I think it just bothers some people that a woman might want to get together with a man for nothing more than sex. They'd rather she only enjoy sex within the confines of a relationship. I generally don't ask a woman how many partners she's had. I prefer that she have some experience cause it's no fun being with someone who doesn't know what they're doing. At the same time, it's one of those things where if a woman does something that rocks your world, you'd rather not know how she learned to do that or with whom.

But I think a lot of guys like to just assume things cause it's easier than getting to know the person. If a woman's a single mom, they assume she's irresponsible. If a woman's been married more than once, they assume she can't make a good wife. If the woman's had a lot of partners, they assume she's a sl**. It's a huge time-saver to prejudge people you've never even met.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,633,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesouthernman View Post
Call me a codger if you wish. But I am so glad i came of age pre AIDS! I feel sorry for the youth of today. Instead of experiancing the excitement and that wonderful expectation of a first time sexual encounter with a first time partner,todays youth have to worry about passing a damn test! Sorta ruins the moment doesnt it?
How very true. Never worried about diseases except for the regular small ones that were easily treatable. Now, one mistake and you're sentenced.

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
I'd rather judge a women (or man) by their credit history over their sexual history. As we grow older we realize our experience is what makes us who we are.

A woman should be comfortable, knowledgeable and confident with her sexuality. There's really only one way to achieve that.

4,320 posts, read 5,142,851 times
I think the younger the man, the more issue he'll have with a sexually experienced woman. They are insecure if she's had more than him.

But as men get older they care less and less and at some point might even respect it.

My buddy just married such a woman (a real fun loving gal), but for me she crosses the line and could be called a sl*t because she cheated on her now ex-husband with my friend for 2 years, and even "cheated" on my friend once while they were dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships