Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:04 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times

Advertisements

Most likely not. It doesn't even have to be physical looks, there is this lady on one of the cooking shows that we watch, while she's not ugly, something about her, I couldn't be with a woman like her... IDK, it's weird because sometimes it's hard to quantify things like that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,207,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most likely not. It doesn't even have to be physical looks, there is this lady on one of the cooking shows that we watch, while she's not ugly, something about her, I couldn't be with a woman like her... IDK, it's weird because sometimes it's hard to quantify things like that.

Who? Chirpy and annoying Rachel Ray?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:08 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Who? Chirpy and annoying Rachel Ray?
LOL, yeah, her too...... this other one I can't think of her name......

Rachael Ray and her damn "EVOO"

Long time viewers will now what that means.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:36 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,315,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Just wondering what others think. Do you enjoy sex with someone you are not attracted to? I've a close friend who clearly has the hots for me.
We're perfectly suited personality wise, yet i find her physicaly unattractive. I've been in relationships with people like this before, and hated every minute of it- particuarly the sex. Do others here feel the same?
They just can't be repulsive, physically or personality wise. Unfortunately I find a lot of people repulsive (including myself) because of dumb little things... I'm not much for open mindedness.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,355,152 times
i married someone that i had just a modicum of attraction to. i was young. i thought that was normal. we had more of a warm-n-fuzzy thing. i thought that was a very adult and stable type of relationship. i didn't realize that you could have red hot attraction and true love. now i know you can. i will never, ever date someone i am not attracted to physically. i like men with character anyway- don't like the clean scrubbed types. he has to have something. and that usually doesn't mean he looks like a model. got to have character. i have had crushes on a wide variety of men and none of them are similar to the other. tho i do get weak in the knees for a dark-haired jesus/guerilla fighter looking type. or sideburns. or curly hair. or guys wearing glasses (seriously, HOT) or afros. or good arms with no tattoos or uh....what was the question?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:22 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Could you be in a relationship with someone you find physically unattractive?
Absolutely not. She can be fantastic, great and awesome, but because I find her to be unattractive, that puts her in the "FRIEND" category. No hope for ever being more than that.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,104,526 times
I could never engage in a sexual relationship with a woman whom I did not find sexy and attractive. Physical beauty has always been a priority for me. I mean, sure, back in my drinking, partying, clubbing days I had a few one-night stands with women who were less than beautiful, but even then I never took home anyone less than a 6 on the 1-10 scale. But as far as a log-term, serious relationship, they gotta be hot. Call me superfluous if you must, but hey, we all like what we like, right?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,444,117 times
Sexual attraction is not really about the body, imo. Sexual attraction is an energy that flows and doesn't need to be seeked. It is either there or it isn't. Someone might be gorgeous and you just don't feel "it". And sometimes someone is not too good looking, but their sexuality is almost touchable. You just know this person will rock you. If you don't feel sexual attraction, you should never try to be with someone sexually. It just isn't meant to be.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,562,680 times
I'm attracted to the person, not the body. I'm not meaning this mean about my wife, but she's 5'2" and 185 lbs. But I call her my Mrs. America. I'm no Fabio myself! 5'7" and 280. But we love each other, we love holding each other, sex is great and I enjoy seeing her in her birthday suit every chance I get. So if you can't have a relationship with an unattractive lady, then I'd say that's a point in her favor.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times
NO......I don't want any women uglier than me

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships