Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
To plagiarize from that great American Rodney King:

"Can't We ALLLL Just Get Along?"
well if she doesn't care what i think there's nothing else to say. plus she played the seniority card on a forum

Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,205,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
Do "you people" use this forum to hook up? I'm married and I don't cheat so I'm asking purely out of curiosity. How many of you have "hooked up" with someone from CD?

P.S. I guess I'm curious because of some of the posts. Dudes putting pictures up, telling everyone how great a catch they are (even though they can't get a date). It just seems that some people are "fishing" and I'm being nosy.
It's a relationship forum *shrugs* there are many types that fit that category. Now if you were to post your picture on a Linux Forum with a question of "How do I look?", I expect you would get hit by the Mods. Posting pictures of your computer setup with questions of "How does it look?" would not cause anyone to blink an eye.

As for using the Forum for hookups, I doubt that is the reason the majority of the folks that post here do so. Now if you think that there should be no posts of a certain type, than come right out and say so rather than engaging in passive aggressive behavior and arguing with other posters. Thats not being "nosy". It is an attempt to cause dissension.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
It's a relationship forum *shrugs* there are many types that fit that category. Now if you were to post your picture on a Linux Forum with a question of "How do I look?", I expect you would get hit by the Mods. Posting pictures of your computer setup with questions of "How does it look?" would not cause anyone to blink an eye.

As for using the Forum for hookups, I doubt that is the reason the majority of the folks that post here do so. Now if you think that there should be no posts of a certain type, than come right out and say so rather than engaging in passive aggressive behavior and arguing with other posters. Thats not being "nosy". It is an attempt to cause dissension.
nothing wrong with a little dissention

Old 01-06-2011, 05:04 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
I didn't come here looking to "hook up" (I really don't like that term) with anyone. I ended up meeting someone who's pretty awesome, so I gave it a chance and I'm happy I did.

Feel free to look down on me if you want.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Looks up at dogwalker

Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Looks up at dogwalker

Should I be offended by this?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
You can ponder for many moons... or you can interpret it literally as me saying that I'm not looking down on you.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
If there are men and women in any given situation there is going to be some hooking up... And that humanity for u

Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
What do you MEAN, you people??????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So what brings you two here, to this specific forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
It's kind of pointless to post on the very forum you're making fun of us posting on, but hey...whatever floats your boat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You haven't been around for any length of time allowing you to make generalizations. Pictures of people asking whether they're attractive or not are posted very rarely and always by fly-by-night operators, so it's a pure coincidence you happened to witness such a thread yesterday. As far as the rest of the members, some of whom have been known each for years and feel like one dysfunctional family, it's perfectly normal for them to want to put a face to the words at some point, in case they're comfortable with that, and it's none of your effing outsider business!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Who cares if it's a dating forum or not? When you meet someone in person do they have to be in a conventional "dating" environment like a bar, single's party, or club, or can you meet someone at a book store or laundro-mat? If two people find chemistry between them, more power to them, whether on this forum or any other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Who's a joke is out in the open for others to decide.

None of your business.

The subject never comes up, unless some new know-it-all gets on his soapbox and starts to preach.

There is another thread on the very same subject on first page right now, but you're certainly free to post as much BS as you want. I don't allocate the bandwidth.

Who cares what YOU think?! None of us are of the age of pointing to the opposite gender, giggling, and saying "eeeww, they have cooties." If we want to get to know each other better, we will, and we won't feel the need to ask for your permission.

Consider this the last time I'm wasting my time with you and your illiterate sloppy babble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I didn't come here looking to "hook up" (I really don't like that term) with anyone. I ended up meeting someone who's pretty awesome, so I gave it a chance and I'm happy I did.

Feel free to look down on me if you want.

I wonder why so many people got so offended by OP's question. I am married, I don't cheat and I was wondering the same thing. Is this more of a hook up type of forum, a dating forum, advice or a combination of the three?

Let's take it down a notch, shall we?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I wonder why so many people got so offended by OP's question. I am married, I don't cheat and I was wondering the same thing. Is this more of a hook up type of forum, a dating forum, advice or a combination of the three?

Let's take it down a notch, shall we?

Its the section of the forum where the warped and dysfunctional post hence why I am a regular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships