Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,812,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't mind playing the GAY role if it's going to help me in the long run.
You can't even play the straight role. Now go play in your sandbox like a good little boy.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,666 times
Quote:
She is the oldest person I have went out with in 3 years...........33

And 11 years ago the message probably would have lead to her crying
I'm sure that scenario is highly unlikely. I don't know too many women who would be emotionally invested enough to be driven to tears by a nasty message from someone they don't even like enough to continue dating......

Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,839,963 times
Quote:
I don't mind playing the GAY role if it's going to help me in the long run.
I don't think it will help you. You have a degree in communications. There was no need for you to react as you did. Rejection hurts--but calling and swearing at someone really shows a lack of maturity, and class on your part. Gay, straight, bi, or whatever, people respond to positive communication. There was nothing wrong with her saying "Good luck in your search". I am sure many of us, who have dated have heard this line. In fact, it is posted allover dating websites. It's a cliche, nothing more. You could have answered back "I wish you good luck as well", in a neutral tone.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Be depressed, be very depressed ...

Look, child, you are 19 years old and have your whole life ahead of you to improve and learn so PLEASE don't compare yourself in any way, shape or form to 35 year old Solomon who can't find his way out of a paper bag without a GPS.
In 7th grade, I remember being jealous of the guys that could get girls. I was into a girl that didn't like me. Can you believe it's been 7 years since then and my dating life is no better? You say I'm young, but other people my age and younger have better dating lives.

I'm not as old as TVSG, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not a ladies man.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,839,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Remember he's 35 and has a bad dating life. I'm 19 and my dating life is bad enough. I can only imagine how bad it will be if this continues for another 16 years. If I was 35 and my dating life was like TVSG's I would probably be upset if she acted like an employer.

She only saw this side of TVSG because of the manner in which she rejected him. If she rejected him more appropriately or accepted, this side of him wouldn't come out.
Just by reading TV's threads, you should have figured out everything not to do by this time. There is some pretty good advice given to these threads, by folks who really do want to see TV or anyone else, having a relationship.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,760,784 times
Quote:
In 7th grade, I remember being jealous of the guys that could get girls. I was into a girl that didn't like me. Can you believe it's been 7 years since then and my dating life is no better? You say I'm young, but other people my age and younger have better dating lives.

I'm not as old as TVSG, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm not a ladies man.
Well dear, you have a number of years to go before you catch up with TVSGs age, so you plenty of time to change your ways before you become completely inept and rejected by all women who cross your path.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Well dear, you have a number of years to go before you catch up with TVSGs age, so you plenty of time to change your ways before you become completely inept and rejected by all women who cross your path.
Fair enough. But I've been alive for 19 years and I have a bad dating life. Add another 19 years and that makes me 38. Who's to say my dating life will change significantly in 19 years? If 19 years on this planet haven't helped me become a ladies man, how are another 19 years supposed to help?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM

577 posts, read 1,760,910 times
Quote:
What if no one is interested in you in real life? Then what are you supposed to do?
Then obviously you need to do some self improvement. This doesnt mean necessarily change everthing about your self but learn to like yourself. It's the insecurities that result in behavior like Tv Guy is doing. You arent going to attract a healthy relationship with unhealthy thoughts and behaviors. There isnt a self respecting , confident "has her act together" woman out there that will be attracted to Tv guy right now. He wants it but until he achieves it himself he will either be rejected by the ones that are there or he'll have dysfunctional relationships with the ones that arent.... like him. Until he figures that out and concentrates on improving himself , he'll just be tacking on more baggage and anger towards women that will only make his journey more difficult. Once you achieve this, rejection will not be so hard to take and you can move forward. You have to look within though and stop the blame.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Maybe I should have said-"Thanks for considering me for the position and I hope to be contacted for any future openings."

Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM

29,773 posts, read 34,503,257 times
Quote:
Fair enough. But I've been alive for 19 years and I have a bad dating life. Add another 19 years and that makes me 38. Who's to say my dating life will change significantly in 19 years? If 19 years on this planet haven't helped me become a ladies man, how are another 19 years supposed to help?
In many of your threads you give too much credence to being 19, as if that is the age of experience. You need to step back and realize that in the eyes of many people on this forum, you're still a child. You're very sheltered and inexperienced in life in general. Your love life, your adult life aren't over or set in stone, they haven't even started yet. You need to approach life more as "I have a lot to learn" rather than "I'm 19 and jaded because my teen years were awkward."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships