Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

What lead to her sending me the text this morning at 6am was this text from me yesterday

"I would like to cuddle with you in front of your fire place and watch a good movie"

Now I'm thinking maybe she thought I was trying to have SEX and responded with-"we are looking for two different things"

Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Maybe I should have said-"Thanks for considering me for the position and I hope to be contacted for any future openings."
No, you should have just wished her well on her future relationships.

* As a aside. I do not know why I have posted in a TVSG thread. I must be coming down with something.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
No, you should have just wished her well on her future relationships.

* As a aside. I do not know why I have posted in a TVSG thread. I must be coming down with something.
Thank you Matt for being one of the few normal men here

Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What lead to her sending me the text this morning at 6am was this text from me yesterday

"I would like to cuddle with you in front of your fire place and watch a good movie"

Now I'm thinking maybe she thought I was trying to have SEX and responded with-"we are looking for two different things"
Oh stop with all the Monday morning quarterback analyzing and get on with the next thread or go take a walk in the park if the sandbox is wet.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:08 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Thank you Matt for being one of the few normal men here
Now you are beginning to scare me.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In many of your threads you give too much credence to being 19, as if that is the age of experience. You need to step back and realize that in the eyes of many people on this forum, you're still a child. You're very sheltered and inexperienced in life in general. Your love life, your adult life aren't over or set in stone, they haven't even started yet. You need to approach life more as "I have a lot to learn" rather than "I'm 19 and jaded because my teen years were awkward."
Even though it might not sound this way, I understand what you're trying to say. I must seem young compared to a lot of the posters. I agree that I have my whole life ahead of me. But I also have a large chunk of my life behind me. My teen years (and earlier) are all I know, so those are the only experiences I can mention on this forum. A lot of people have a good dating life during their teen years. Why do they get blessed with the gift of being a ladies man?

Since you insist things will change...might I ask what your dating life was like at 19 and what it's like now

Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Even though it might not sound this way, I understand what you're trying to say. I must seem young compared to a lot of the posters. I agree that I have my whole life ahead of me. But I also have a large chunk of my life behind me. My teen years (and earlier) are all I know, so those are the only experiences I can mention on this forum. A lot of people have a good dating life during their teen years. Why do they get blessed with the gift of being a ladies man?

Since you insist things will change...might I ask what your dating life was like at 19 and what it's like now
Now don't go stealing Grasshopper's thread. He gets very testy about things like that. Start your own.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
TVSG wrote:
Quote:
So I called back and yes I left some curse words on her voicemail this morning saying she made herself sound like a fool acting like an employer.
Why would you even admit to such an act of rudeness and stupidity on the internet? Sometimes I've thought that you might not be such a bad person after all and you were just having a stretch of bad luck but this truly indicates that you have some serious problems and should probably be seeking some professional counseling.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Now don't go stealing Grasshopper's thread. He gets very testy about things like that. Start your own.
I thought my love life was intertwined with this thread since me and TVSG both have bad love lives. If anything, it should comfort him that someone else has a bad love life.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
Then obviously you need to do some self improvement. This doesnt mean necessarily change everthing about your self but learn to like yourself. It's the insecurities that result in behavior like Tv Guy is doing. You arent going to attract a healthy relationship with unhealthy thoughts and behaviors. There isnt a self respecting , confident "has her act together" woman out there that will be attracted to Tv guy right now. He wants it but until he achieves it himself he will either be rejected by the ones that are there or he'll have dysfunctional relationships with the ones that arent.... like him. Until he figures that out and concentrates on improving himself , he'll just be tacking on more baggage and anger towards women that will only make his journey more difficult. Once you achieve this, rejection will not be so hard to take and you can move forward. You have to look within though and stop the blame.
It's a vicious cycle. I have an attitude of "no one wants me" but there's a reason for the attitude. No girls are into me (that I know of). I haven't always had this attitude. I used to be hopeful that I would get a girlfriend (examples: "Senior year will be better." "College will be better." etc). But I kept getting let down. Can you see why I would feel this way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships