Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times

Advertisements

TVSG shouldn't have cursed her out, but I don't think a lot of people who can't let someone down by phone if they have known each other for a short time or in person if for more than a couple months. So many people are cowards. If someone won't be upfront and tell me something important to my face or over the phone, then they were ever worth it. If they just plain old go into ignore mode, instead of ending it, then you have dodged a bullet. It makes me wonder what they were up to talking to me in the first place. Did they even like me or were they just bored?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
TVSG shouldn't have cursed her out, but I don't think a lot of people who can't let someone down by phone if they have known each other for a short time or in person if for more than a couple months. So many people are cowards. If someone won't be upfront and tell me something important to my face or over the phone, then they were ever worth it. If they just plain old go into ignore mode, instead of ending it, then you have dodged a bullet. It makes me wonder what they were up to talking to me in the first place. Did they even like me or were they just bored?
Sometimes, Felix, when a person knows that by telling someone that they're not interested anymore, they are afraid the person will not take the rejection good so they do it over the phone. Also, some people don't want confrontations so the best thing for them is saying it over the phone. She might have sensed that TV would try to talk her into staying together or she might have sense he would take it wrong and there would be a nasty confrontation and she didn't want to put herself through that. We really don't know the dynamics of their relationship.

But if someone does that to you, it doesn't mean that they didn't like you or were bored. Just that they don't know how else to end the relationship.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Sometimes, Felix, when a person knows that by telling someone that they're not interested anymore, they are afraid the person will not take the rejection good so they do it over the phone. Also, some people don't want confrontations so the best thing for them is saying it over the phone. She might have sensed that TV would try to talk her into staying together or she might have sense he would take it wrong and there would be a nasty confrontation and she didn't want to put herself through that. We really don't know the dynamics of their relationship.

But if someone does that to you, it doesn't mean that they didn't like you or were bored. Just that they don't know how else to end the relationship.
I call BS. Everyone knows how to pick up the phone or meet someone in a public place and say they are not happy and it's not working out. I dated pre text messaging, pre cell phone, and pre email. Little 16 and 21 year olds were breaking up in person for 1000s of years. And adult in 2011 can figure it out. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but grow up.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
I call BS. Everyone knows how to pick up the phone or meet someone in a public place and say they are not happy and it's not working out. I dated pre text messaging, pre cell phone, and pre email. Little 16 and 21 year olds were breaking up in person for 1000s of years. And adult in 2011 can figure it out. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but grow up.

No thanks. I'd rather be called a coward and a baby by breaking up with a potentially violent, emotional person than "grow up".

Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I left a message because she tried to act like I would NEED luck to meet someone else. So that's when I left the message saying-"Are you talking to me like that?" I will bounce back and don't need luck.
lol, at this point it seems that might be the case.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No thanks. I'd rather be called a coward and a baby by breaking up with a potentially violent, emotional person than "grow up".
You are worried about someone getting violent on the phone. Nope, you're a wimp. Own it. Text them, "I'm too afraid to have a conversation. I don't want to see you..ok?"

I really hope you run into one of these scary emotional people you were too chicken to talk to. That'd be hilarious.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You are worried about someone getting violent on the phone. Nope, you're a wimp. Own it. Text them, "I'm too afraid to have a conversation. I don't want to see you..ok?"

I really hope you run into one of these scary emotional people you were too chicken to talk to. That'd be hilarious.
I'm worried about someone getting violent and screaming threats/cursing at me, yes. It's emotional and verbal abuse and no one has to make themselves available to that.

Do you have *any* clue how many women are murdered by violent boyfriends and men they've casually dated?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm worried about someone getting violent and screaming threats/cursing at me, yes. It's emotional and verbal abuse and no one has to make themselves available to that.

Do you have *any* clue how many women are murdered by violent boyfriends and men they've casually dated?
Sure, like less than 0.001%. Maybe you shouldn't drive or cross the street. You're being a little drama queen. You can pick up the phone and call a guy you were dating to tell him you aren't interested anymore.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Sure, like less than 0.001%. Maybe you shouldn't drive or cross the street. You're being a little drama queen. You can pick up the phone and call a guy you were dating to tell him you aren't interested anymore.
Call me all the names you want. FBI profilers and police across the country tell women not to ignore their gut feelings when it comes to things like this. I'll take their advice over a pseudo macho man, thankyouverymuch.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 PM

BTW, don't pull numbers out of your arse. Of all women murdered per year 1/3 of them are by a violent boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships