Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 11:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Your gut feeling is conveniently the same thing that is what ever is easiest for you. Did you gut feeling stop you from giving the guy your number or dating him? Nope. That was the fun part. Then you changed your mind and he is now likely to murder you if you give him a call to end it.

Somehow, I have managed to live my entire life without knowing one women that was murdered by their Ex boyfriend. Not one friend, neighbor, coworker, aunt, cousin. Not even a friend of a friend of a friend. But, hats off to you for thwarting those murderers.

There are TONS and TONS of women that are killed by someone they know each day. Just google and you will see. You can't tell me that you don't read the newspaper or watch the news. It is all around you and you don't even know.

Again, I can't believe Felix what you are saying.

Sorry, I thought this was Mr. Cat so I don't know Felix the Cat.

And another thing, you said that you think texting is better then phoning someone to break off a friendship. That makes no sense to me.

Last edited by donie1; 01-13-2011 at 11:51 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 11:52 PM

199 posts, read 491,143 times
Thats an a-hole move bro. The one thing I appreciate is honesty and straight forwardness so I would have been ok with it. I just hate it when people are afraid to reject you or tell you something and chose to disappear and ignore you instead without setting the record straight.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:56 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,833,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Don't get your hopes up. His new plan will probably be the same as last year's----all talk and no action.
The winter is long in this part of the world..

Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Cripe, Felix, are you losing it too?? What is going on in CD? You possibly can't think it would be hilarious for someone to meet up with another that might be potential dangerous to let them know the friendship is over and might get hurt? Really? I'm shocked at your replies but maybe I don't know you as I thought I did.
I was emphasizing the phone break up vs. text. The point is so there can be a short dialog.

It all depends on how well you know them. If it's a serious long term relationship, then it's tacky to break up over the phone if you don't have to. Of course if the relationship was abusive, that doesn't count. But most of the time there isn't abuse. If I had talked to someone on the phone regularly, then I think it's cowardly to text them. I think the person breaking it off, just doesn't want to be caught off guard or feel guilty. They don't want to answer any questions.

That said, I've never texted a break up or ended dating by text. I've always done it in person or by phone. They have also fizzled out, where no break up was needed, because we could see that an issue wasn't being resolved. I've had women protest and bug me, but they get over it.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:00 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Just another excuse for him to be housebound.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:05 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
There are TONS and TONS of women that are killed by someone they know each day. Just google and you will see. You can't tell me that you don't read the newspaper or watch the news. It is all around you and you don't even know.

And another thing, you said that you think texting is better then phoning someone to break off a friendship. That makes no sense to me.

No, I said phone is better. You can't have a conversation by text. It's like passing notes in class.

Even if lots of people are murdered by those close to them, it doesn't mean that it is likely to happen to you. It's like watching the evening news and thinking everything is going wrong, because a bank got robbed and there was an apartment fire. If you are dating a relatively normal person, they aren't going to murder you. If the guy or girl has hit you before, then that's not normal and doesn't apply to what I said. Most break ups are because the guy/girl is just not that into them. That makes for an uncomfortable conversation, that some try to avoid.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Carrier pigeons were always my choice.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Your gut feeling is conveniently the same thing that is what ever is easiest for you. Did you gut feeling stop you from giving the guy your number or dating him? Nope. That was the fun part. Then you changed your mind and he is now likely to murder you if you give him a call to end it.

Somehow, I have managed to live my entire life without knowing one women that was murdered by their Ex boyfriend. Not one friend, neighbor, coworker, aunt, cousin. Not even a friend of a friend of a friend. But, hats off to you for thwarting those murderers.

No. Wrong. I have broken up with people face to face. Stop assuming. Yes, my gut feelings have told me to ignore a guy or lie (yes LIE) about being involved because I knew he wouldn't take no for an answer.

I know two women that were murdered by their boyfriends/husbands and heard of hundreds more.

Your insistence on downplaying violence against women is very telling. So is your flippant remarks about me as a person.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Yes, and he refuses to date in rain, snow, sleet, and hail. He will back off, until we are clear of April showers. He works out of a very short dating window. Next time, he should have more face time and less text/phone time with his date.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,344,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Carrier pigeons were always my choice.
You're a young'un. I used smoke signals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships