Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Finish what you started. You implied she's not a predator. Or at least I thought that's what you implied. Are you saying she's not a predator?
You seem to have problems with reading comprehension. A remedial course might be in order.

Quote:
If a thread relates to me, I will post something about me on the thread. I don't feel the need to start a new thread when a current thread is relevant to me.
Nothing in this thread is relevant to you. Oh, wait, of course it is because in 5th grade when you were 12 years or so of age you destroyed a telephone?

Quote:
As for me not getting a date, that's exactly what this forum is about. This forum is about relationships. If you don't want to hear about other people's relationships (or lack of) maybe you should go to a different forum. Not wanting to have sex or kids also goes along with relationships..
Yes, this "forum" not this "thread".

Quote:
Nice to see how people don't care about me on here
On this thread no. Find your own sandbox to play in and I'm sure your own playmates will happily join in.

So, TVSG, still waiting to hear soon about all these things you've recently learned through the fine detective work.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
quote=STT Resident;17411039]So, TVSG, still waiting to hear soon about all these things you've recently learned through the fine detective work. [/quote]

Probably found out no one wants to date him.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I was emphasizing the phone break up vs. text. The point is so there can be a short dialog.

It all depends on how well you know them. If it's a serious long term relationship, then it's tacky to break up over the phone if you don't have to. Of course if the relationship was abusive, that doesn't count. But most of the time there isn't abuse. If I had talked to someone on the phone regularly, then I think it's cowardly to text them. I think the person breaking it off, just doesn't want to be caught off guard or feel guilty. They don't want to answer any questions.

That said, I've never texted a break up or ended dating by text. I've always done it in person or by phone. They have also fizzled out, where no break up was needed, because we could see that an issue wasn't being resolved. I've had women protest and bug me, but they get over it.
TVSG and this woman talked for just 2 months on the phone and had only 1 date. No serious relationship there so I think it was appropriate for this girl to break off the relationship by phone.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 PM

697 posts, read 1,281,810 times
but can you even call it a casual relationship even???

Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
No, I said phone is better. You can't have a conversation by text. It's like passing notes in class.

Even if lots of people are murdered by those close to them, it doesn't mean that it is likely to happen to you. It's like watching the evening news and thinking everything is going wrong, because a bank got robbed and there was an apartment fire. If you are dating a relatively normal person, they aren't going to murder you. If the guy or girl has hit you before, then that's not normal and doesn't apply to what I said. Most break ups are because the guy/girl is just not that into them. That makes for an uncomfortable conversation, that some try to avoid.

How old are you? Certainly there are people that appear "normal" who are very capable of murdering someone. But I'm not going to get into this topic anymore

Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Are you implying she's not a predator?

Of course the girl is NOT a predator.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
but can you even call it a casual relationship even???

Absolutely NOT! It was...I'm not quite sure what kind of relationship you would call it.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
How old are you? Certainly there are people that appear "normal" who are very capable of murdering someone. But I'm not going to get into this topic anymore

Hey, if you want to be paranoid about people who don't act controlling or angry, suddenly snapping and killing you, be my guest. I'm going to keep living my life without unneeded worries.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
TVSG and this woman talked for just 2 months on the phone and had only 1 date. No serious relationship there so I think it was appropriate for this girl to break off the relationship by phone.
Sounds like they talked daily, so there was plenty of opportunity to say something. I've always seen it coming when I talk to someone daily for a couple months. The tone changes and they act less interested. Maybe she had already said something on the phone and TVSG didn't hear what she was saying, so she confirmed it by text. It makes a lot more sense than having good conversation daily, then sending a break up text.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You seem to have problems with reading comprehension. A remedial course might be in order.

Nothing in this thread is relevant to you. Oh, wait, of course it is because in 5th grade when you were 12 years or so of age you destroyed a telephone?

Yes, this "forum" not this "thread".

On this thread no. Find your own sandbox to play in and I'm sure your own playmates will happily join in.

So, TVSG, still waiting to hear soon about all these things you've recently learned through the fine detective work.
People were discussing breaking up over the phone in this thread. Rather than start my own thread about a girl breaking up with me over the phone, I simply decided to post about my experience on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships