Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What gave you the impression it is about money alone; it is like saying that game players are in it for the games alone, even if they have to practice with all the other ones. It should be about practicing relating and relationships with a (girl) friend.
So now you're a player (but without anyone to play with), huh?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:28 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
So now you're a player (but without anyone to play with), huh?
I noticed you didn't have an answer for my question. Actually, I can play at being a friend and examining the friend zone with chicks; whenever they are not doing me the most for me to take them seriously about wanting a relationship with me.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I noticed you didn't have an answer for my question. Actually, I can play at being a friend and examining the friend zone with chicks; whenever they are not doing me the most for me to take them seriously about wanting a relationship with me.
You seem to put money on dating. Dating is more than going to dinner, going to the movies, etc.

BTW, You DON'T play at being a friend. Either you are or you're not.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
You seem to put money on dating. Dating is more than going to dinner, going to the movies, etc.

Great post! Exactly daniel...either you are or you're not a friend. Funny how those who "play" at something, scream the loudest when they are "played" in return! In other words, it's all fun and games, until you get beaten at your own game!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I agree with you to a certain extent, but even getting around in a vehicle usually requires money.

I also agree with you concerning playing games for friendship and relationships; but sometimes, by playing at something long enough it can become a habit. And we have all heard of the saying that practice makes perfect.

Quote:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle

Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Great post! Exactly daniel...either you are or you're not a friend. Funny how those who "play" at something, scream the loudest when they are "played" in return! In other words, it's all fun and games, until you get beaten at your own game!
How do you get "beaten" by playing at being a friend or putting women in the friend zone? In my opinion, you can either get better or not depending on your habit and attitude.

In my opinion, getting "beaten" by playing at being a friend is like committing fraud with unemployment compensation; it requires a work ethic and labor input to the economy. Is a person worse off with a work ethic and providing labor input to the economy, even if it "started out" as a form of fraud?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I agree with you to a certain extent, but even getting around in a vehicle usually requires money.

I also agree with you concerning playing games for friendship and relationships; but sometimes, by playing at something long enough it can become a habit. And we have all heard of the saying that practice makes perfect.
By "playing" at being a friend, date, etc. will just get you where you are now---NOWHERE.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:06 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Then post in the forum threads which apply to you. As has been pointed out, you have nothing to add to the theme of this thread (re-read its title) since breaking a telephone because a little girl dumped you in 5th grade is totally irrelevant. If you feel you have something in common with 35 year old TVSG then why don't you DM him and commiserate with him first hand instead of childishly hijacking and repeating yourself over and over again.

STT is correct. You have hijacked every thread on the Relationship forum with tales of elementary love woes. We are ALL adults and do not care to hear or talk about what happened to our loves in elementary school.

I know that you will argue that you are only 19 y.o. and the episodes are still so fresh in your mind and didn't happen too long ago for you. But we are TIRED of reading about your antics.

Can I give you a friendly tip? Listen. Listen to what others are saying about friendships, love, relationships, etc. and heed their advice for your own life.

You and others in your little cliche here are self-absorbed, self-centered, shallow little boys that need to LISTEN and read about relationships, friendships or self help books. Really I'm saying this in a kind way and I hope you take this advise and can make your life everything you want it to be.

But STOP blaming the women/girls who, in your mind, are at fault!! Dig deep within yourself and learn about yourself to become a better person and to have healthy relationships. Don't always think it is about YOU. Give and you shall get.

Ok, I know this advice for CD, Felix, Daniel and others might go over their heads and that's why they are what they are but I hope not for their sake.

Also, I have decided not to post directly to any of you anymore because it is even, for me, more frustrating to deal with the little cliche then to TVSG. Is that possible???

Also, have you noticed that TVSG has not posted in a couple of days. You have taken his thunder. Give it back to him.

Have a nice day!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
How do you get "beaten" by playing at being a friend or putting women in the friend zone? In my opinion, you can either get better or not depending on your habit and attitude.

In my opinion, getting "beaten" by playing at being a friend is like committing fraud with unemployment compensation; it requires a work ethic and labor input to the economy. Is a person worse off with a work ethic and providing labor input to the economy, even if it "started out" as a form of fraud?
My "beaten" comment wasn't directed at "putting women in the friend zone". It was directed at those who "play" at relationships in general and get "beaten" at their own game. As a wise poster just said, people need to look deeply into themselves, their nature, their behaviors, evaluate themselves carefully, as if from someone else's eyes. Evaluate yourself as carefully as you might evaluate others. You then need to listen to others advice and apply it to yourself. Again though, you don't PLAY at things....you practice them. The kind of people who are attracted to you, and stick with you, may be a mirror of who you really are...of how others see you. Don't be angry at them...ask yourself what you're projecting!

Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 PM

4,672 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Then post in the forum threads which apply to you. As has been pointed out, you have nothing to add to the theme of this thread (re-read its title) since breaking a telephone because a little girl dumped you in 5th grade is totally irrelevant. If you feel you have something in common with 35 year old TVSG then why don't you DM him and commiserate with him first hand instead of childishly hijacking and repeating yourself over and over again.
But she was a PREDATOR! Even MY MOMMY agrees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships