Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:00 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Are you VAW? Some of your posts kind of sound the same....poor old TV started a thread about a text, and somehow you have managed to turn it around to experiences all about you...Bad manners, indeed.
Maybe the 3 of them are the same person using different names.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:00 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Are you VAW? Some of your posts kind of sound the same....poor old TV started a thread about a text, and somehow you have managed to turn it around to experiences all about you...Bad manners, indeed.
You're not the first poster to compare me to VAW. STT Resident compared me to him too. But I don't even know who VAW is. What does VAW stand for?

And TVSG started a thread about his bad dating life. Sometimes I start my own thread. But sometimes I don't if what I want to say goes along with the existing thread. Besides, it should comfort TVSG that someone else has a bad dating life. When I start a thread about my dating life, it makes me feel better about myself when other people post on the thread about their bad dating life. Because then I know other people like me are out there.

I don't think TVSG minds that I posted about myself on his thread. If he didn't want me to, I'm pretty sure he would have said something. At least I try to have sympathy for TVSG instead of ganging up on him like other posters. What does it matter if I posted about myself on TVSG's thread? A lot of posters just use TVSG's threads to laugh. TVSG probably prefers my sympathy over the other posters bullying.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're not the first poster to compare me to VAW. STT Resident compared me to him too. But I don't even know who VAW is. What does VAW stand for?

And TVSG started a thread about his bad dating life. Sometimes I start my own thread. But sometimes I don't if what I want to say goes along with the existing thread. Besides, it should comfort TVSG that someone else has a bad dating life. When I start a thread about my dating life, it makes me feel better about myself when other people post on the thread about their bad dating life. Because then I know other people like me are out there.

I don't think TVSG minds that I posted about myself on his thread. If he didn't want me to, I'm pretty sure he would have said something. At least I try to have sympathy for TVSG instead of ganging up on him like other posters. What does it matter if I posted about myself on TVSG's thread? A lot of posters just use TVSG's threads to laugh. TVSG probably prefers my sympathy over the other posters bullying.
Your posts about yourself, don't contribute to any one's situation, but your own. Are you this self-absorbed in real life? If you answer, "yes," it could explain why you don't do well in the dating arena.

I too can see a painful similarity, between c-d91 and VAW.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Your posts about yourself, don't contribute to any one's situation, but your own. Are you this self-absorbed in real life? If you answer, "yes," it could explain why you don't do well in the dating arena.

I too can see a painful similarity, between c-d91 and VAW.
A lot of posts are about myself, yes. But that's because this is a relationships forum. I post on here about my relationships (or lack of) because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR.

Not all of my posts are about me.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:50 AM

4,671 posts, read 4,984,341 times
Quote:
It's a vicious cycle. I have an attitude of "no one wants me" but there's a reason for the attitude. No girls are into me (that I know of). I haven't always had this attitude. I used to be hopeful that I would get a girlfriend (examples: "Senior year will be better." "College will be better." etc). But I kept getting let down. Can you see why I would feel this way?
Self-image, my friend. Literally nothing can make you happy if you have a poor self-image. That's not elementary-school "love everything about yourself" BS -- that's real. Read the book Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:16 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
What is wrong with practicing a short term relationship with a girl friend; when we have enough money?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't like when a woman feels the need to act like an employer and says-"good luck in your search" Perhaps she thought it sounded kinder than saying, "OMG, if I have to listen to one more irritating word out of your mouth, I'm going to shove icepicks in my ears so that I never have to hear again!"

So I called back and yes I left some curse words on her voicemail this morning saying she made herself sound like a fool acting like an employer. She said she felt we wasn't looking for the same things and good luck on the search. I knew it was red flag when my phone call and the text afterwards was ignored. Hmmm as opposed to you who behaved like a sore loser, disgruntled employee? You left curse words on her voicemail and then she IGNORED your phone call and text? How could she? Better question....why WOULD she!

But I don't have a problem with what I did because we live in different states and work in different fields so I don't see how paths crossing in the future. But the message I left was nothing like the message she would have received 11 years ago. So I will look at the bright side and realize we are only 9 days into the new year and I can just move on from here.

BTW: I asked could we be platonic friends since we both liked football and her answer was NO. Wow
Seriously? Wow, clearly she wanted desperately to be free of you! She couldn't even say, "Good luck in your search", without being verbally attacked by you. She was probably thinking, "OMG, this guy's crazy! How can I end this "friendship" without becoming a victim of his stalking and verbal abuse? Dear God! What have I gotten myself into this time? Maybe if I say, "Good luck with your search, he won't go to nuts!" Oops.....wrong again! Poor woman!

Clearly, you're a control freak who has serious issues with rejection. People have a right to reject you when you're cruel and defensive. To the poster who's trying to compare your experiences with this poster...STOP now. If you want to start having success in your relationships, DO read his posts...and learn from his mistakes.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What is wrong with practicing a short term relationship with a girl friend; when we have enough money?
Relationships shouldn't be based on money alone.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:20 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
What gave you the impression it is about money alone; it is like saying that game players are in it for the games alone, even if they have to practice with all the other ones. It should be about practicing relating and relationships with a (girl) friend.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,724,101 times
Quote:
A lot of posts are about myself, yes. But that's because this is a relationships forum. I post on here about my relationships (or lack of) because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR.
Then post in the forum threads which apply to you. As has been pointed out, you have nothing to add to the theme of this thread (re-read its title) since breaking a telephone because a little girl dumped you in 5th grade is totally irrelevant. If you feel you have something in common with 35 year old TVSG then why don't you DM him and commiserate with him first hand instead of childishly hijacking and repeating yourself over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships