Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather date bad boys or geeks?
Bad Boys 7 35.00%
Geeks 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM

453 posts, read 457,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Hey, I believe you two are flirting! Ahem, carry on.
I'm not flirting with anyone here. I'm just asking an honest question. It's not like I'll ever get to meet anyone on here. You'll understand later on why I've posted this thread.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Oh groan, I tried to just pass on by. Give this one a pass. Doh!

I was going to pass it by, because now I have to tell a life story. Flash back, oh, 25 years ago. I had a decision to make. 1. Bad boy--downside: just got out of rehab, had a couple of crude prison tattoos, janitor at my workplace with no future plans, played in a punk rock band upside: obviously intelligent, sexy as he!!, and adored me

Geek--downside: not sexy, preferred Star Trek to my sexy charms upside: steady, reliable, owned his own house and had future plans that included grad school, figured he would make a good father for any children we might have

I'm an intelligent and rational woman so you can guess which one I chose. Now the geek has divorced me b/c he likes men better and the bad boy is a professor, has become very well read, and has been an outstanding father to his children. My ex sees his maybe 1x/every or every other week.
So you married the bad boy?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've been married to an engineer, too, and I don't mind being involved with another one. To me they have absolutely nothing to do with the "geeks" described in the original post.
Well I describe an engineer as a geek because they are usually focused to a high degree in their field or they have some quirky passion (star trek), and a "bad boy" is a guy who is the hot piece of tail that every woman wants who knows he can get "any" woman he wants.

I went to a Model Airplane show in Ontario a couple weeks back and there were a LOT of geeks there my hubbs was one of them.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,102,494 times
Geez, this question again! I thought everyone knew the answer to this by now: women dig Bad Boys for orgasmic sex and excitement and diversity in their lives, but then will often-times marry a Geek type so long as he provides a comfortable living and stable Daddy for their kids. Then, when married life with Gary Geek gets boring--and it almost always does--they call-up their old Bad Boy dating days fantasies during sexs with GG, thus attaining the best of both worlds. Sort of.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Geez, this question again! I thought everyone knew the answer to this by now: women dig Bad Boys for orgasmic sex and excitement and diversity in their lives, but then will often-times marry a Geek type so long as he provides a comfortable living and stable Daddy for their kids. Then, when married life with Gary Geek gets boring--and it almost always does--they call-up their old Bad Boy dating days fantasies during sexs with GG, thus attaining the best of both worlds. Sort of.
Hey - bad boy does not always equal "orgasmic sex" I found that with my geek.

Bad boys have wayyy too much drama.

In fact about 10 years ago I'd be one of the females here posting the "what does it mean when he..." threads. I learned and found the perfect man for me who just happens to be a "geek" of sorts.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I'm not flirting with anyone here. I'm just asking an honest question. It's not like I'll ever get to meet anyone on here. You'll understand later on why I've posted this thread.
I'm teasing, daugenstine, and thought it was cute. Sorry. And, why couldn't you meet someone on here? It's a matter of setting it up if you want to. I went and met someone in Australia once, and I live in the states.

Anyway, the point of my story is that you never can tell about people and I don't much believe in categorizing people anyway. One of my geeky boyfriends from high school became a bad boy and injured his brain in a motorcycle accident, so the two categories aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM

343 posts, read 524,340 times
Are there bad girls and geek girls and why do men not have this same problem?
Even the geek guys pass up on the geek girls soooooooo because we are women, we're not supposed to care about sexual attraction? According to this description, I would be a 'bad girl' (ooohh) and geeks love me. They'll bring up star trek for 2 seconds until they see my reaction and pretend to like whatever I say I like to get the, uh, well you know. Ultimately, geeks & bad boys are looking for the same thing.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
So you married the bad boy?
Now I wish I had, but it might not have had the same outcome.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I like brainy guys. Not necessarily geeks, but it depends on your definition of a geek.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
Are there bad girls and geek girls and why do men not have this same problem?
Even the geek guys pass up on the geek girls soooooooo because we are women, we're not supposed to care about sexual attraction? According to this description, I would be a 'bad girl' (ooohh) and geeks love me. They'll bring up star trek for 2 seconds until they see my reaction and pretend to like whatever I say I like to get the, uh, well you know. Ultimately, geeks & bad boys are boys looking for the same thing.

There are both, and I'd rather date a geek girl. I won't even eat at Hooter's anymore. Those girls are just like the bad girls in that they're all stuck-up bimbos for whom I have no use. I'm a nice guy, but I don't take crap from anyone. I'm not desperate you see, and if the woman I'm dating turns out to be a drama queen or a bad girl, I'll just drop her like a rock. Generally speaking, the geek girls are more trustworthy, and they don't hang around the wrong crowd like the bad girls do. Plus, bad girls are like bad boys in that they see everyone of the opposite sex as expendable and a dime a dozen. Often times, I have no idea where the hell they've been, and I expect to be able to trust my partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships